Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Quartz and Jesters April 23 - April 25

Login/Join to Participate

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Back to Armadillo Acres in east Texas for this one. Three more days out in the sticks smile Details below:

Come one, come all, come big, come small.
A call rallies forth from the east.
A harkening cry from the Kingdom of Psy
For a delightful, fanciful feast.

A feast of sound, of color, of love,
Of knights, maidens, jesters, of kings and of queens.
Come dance, trance and twirl in our courts of quartz
With fellow psychedelic, angelic figurines.

The "High Quartz" beseech thee.
How many days? Approximately three.
Miss it not, lest ye dwell in the pillory.
And why would thee abstain, have thee only half a brain?
Who could resist this regal tomfoolery?

To Armadillo Acres, the pilgrimage make,
Where crystalline energy will rain up to light the sky.
Intentions and spirits and sounds, can you hear it?
All are welcome in the Kingdom of Psy.

Your Kings and Queens of music featuring the sounds of psychedelic trance, down tempo, dubstep and world music...

Dylalien
(Manic Dragon Rec, Mistress of Evil Rec) San Francisco

Androcell & Distant System *LIVE*
(Celestial Dragon Rec) Colorado Springs

Atum
(Opulent Temple, Astral Tribe) San Francisco

Vaxination
(Esoteric Generation) Fayetteville

Karmakat
(Dharma Harmony Rec, Vortex, Those People) Mississippi

Nuomenal
(Vortex) Mississippi

Catopric
(Fugutrance)

Vampyromorpha
(Shiva Shakti)

Klapton
(Atrium Obscurum)

Force Majeure
(Shiva Shakti, TOUCH Samadhi)

Apophenia
(Atrium Obscurum)

nivleM
(Davinci Unlimited)

Dub til Dawn
(E.ast S.ide P.sy)

Aeon
(E.ast S.ide P.sy)

J-5
(Atrium Obscurum)

James "Nobody" Meadows
(E.ast S.ide P.sy)

Singularity^3
(Atrium Obscurum)

Catfish
(E.ast S.ide P.sy))

Smitten Space Kitten
(Psylicious, Psy-fidelity.org)

Sporetic aka Jello
(Morningside Tribe)

Klinz
(903 Bass Crew)

Terry G
(Friends with Headphones, Kung-Fu Robots)

The music on the main stage will be going from start to finish, so please take this into account when it comes to your camp site choice. We will also have a sanctuary space setup inside a dome. This will be a space for you to go to if you just wish to get away. There will be some “chill” music being played, but there aren’t any artists actually playing on this stage.

We’d love to see a dance floor of people dressed up and immersing themselves into the theme. Dress as Kings, Queens, and Jesters and sink your teeth into the environment. You truly do create your own reality, so make the most of the experience.

Providing deco and helping with the gathering will be Optiphonic, D-Star Designs, Atrium Obscurum, CuddleFu & friends. We encourage all to bring crystals, plants, flowers, anything special that you wish to add to the altar.

Location.....
Armadillo Acres https://armadillo-acres.com/
This beautiful east Texas land offers plenty of space for camping, as well as close access to Daingerfield State Park for swimming. Please visit the Texas State park website link below for details about the park entrance fee.

Daingerfield State Park: https://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/f.../daingerfield/

Detailed directions will be posted on www.optiphonic.com as we get closer to the date of the gathering. Please utilize the directions on the site, versus using Google, Yahoo, MapQuest, etc.

Camping....
This is a 100% Leave No Trace gathering. Please pack out what you pack in, and be proactive towards keeping your campsite clean. Smokers...this applies to your butts as well. Pocket them or put them in a reusable tin. Please come prepared for roughly three days in the woods.

Things to bring:
Tent/blankets/pillows/chairs
Flashlight(s)
Tarp to provide cover for your tent in case of rain!!!!
Change of shoes
Bug spray
Costumes!!!!
Hula hoops, poi, fire poi
Food
Water (2 gallons per day, per person)
Trash bags!!!!
Paper towels/wet wipes
Galoshes

There are a few grocery stores on the way to the venue; the last of which are roughly 10-15 minutes west of the venue. You will pass these stores on the way to the venue. Ins & outs will be allowed, but please keep them to a minimum, so be certain to come as prepared as possible.

Food & Drinks...
You are welcome to bring in your own food and drinks. Please adhere to all written laws, as underage drinking will not be tolerated. Community water will be offered. We encourage people to donate a gallon for the community. Please bring a reusable cup from home, as we will not be providing any to keep trash to a minimum. Please utilize the trash at your campsite. There’s a chance that there will be the same food service offered, for purchase, that we had at Southern Oracle. Updates will follow.

Cost:
18+ with valid ID
$25 for both nights
$20 Saturday only

Cash only!

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
This sounds cute! I hope I can get 2 weekends in a row free!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
If you get the time off let me know. I'm about an hour and a half from Lake Texoma, you can stop off at my place and carpool out there, save some gas. Last time I was out there gas was like 20 - 30 cents per gallon higher frown

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Here's the directions, same place Space Hippies was at. You will lose cell phone signal before you get there, so be sure you have your directions and take care of any business you need to before you get off of 49.

From Dallas, head east on I-30 to Mount Pleasant. (About 115 miles depending where you are coming from).

Exit #160 to Highway 271/highway 49 and turn right. Watch your signs through Mount Pleasant and stay on 49.

Continue on Highway 49 approximately 17 miles to Daingerfield.

Continue on Highway 49 approximately 8 miles until you are just past Hughes Springs.

There is a 4-Way stop at the intersection and it is right next to the Wildflower Inn and Cafe.

Turn right on FM 2612 Loop.

Continue about 0.5 miles.

Turn left at the "Love Chapel Cemetary" sign. (The County Roads are not marked very well if at all out there. Just watch for the Love Chapel sign, small sign on the left.)

Continue about 1 mile, road will merge with another, stay left.

Continue about another 0.5 miles. (You will go past CR 2987 on your right but not as far as the Love Chapel Church on the left.)

Gate will be on your left and not easy to see until you are right on it. There is a green "Underground Cable" box very close, also on the left, watch for it.

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Two more days, time to get lost in the woods again with a bunch of strange people laugh3

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Stupid work!

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
80% chance of rain now, going to be another muddy mess smile

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
I knew you were still going!

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Not now, last minute change.
Several people aren't able to go because of work and stuff, and I'm not quite healed up enough to be passed out in the trees again laugh3

So now me and a handful of the guys who couldn't go are going to be at my place tonight. Jesse is bring out his decks so I'm sure he'll be spinning some new dub and tech house all night again.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
I understand the work thing!