Forums > Videos > Is anyone else ready to start working on a Spring Video Collab?

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Derek_FaughnDIAMOND Member
DerekJF85
101 posts

Posted:
I know it hasn't been to long since the last video collaboration. But the last one did so well i figured why not another? Anyone down?

"Dream as you will live forever, and live as you will die today"
James Dean

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
oh i got a dui and have a previous record and it wouldnt have been pretty

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

willow2xSILVER Member
KeepTheWorldSpinning Originator
49 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: willow2xi think its recording time this month... alien mask, Ghast pants and Cyber-dog top are coming out to play =D

ill do a day time and a night time set i thinks, ill spin to some dub... it always brings out the best in me =)

never mind i chopped the sukka up =] itl be up soon ^^

KeepTheWorldSpinning with me =]

leospoiSILVER Member
Poi explorer
108 posts

Posted:
Yei!, I got some cool footage for the collaboration video of Ronan, Yuta, Thomas, AlienJon and Burning Dan from my trip to California for firedrums.

Tori579SILVER Member
Tori Johnson
3 posts

Posted:
So are you going to do the editing good sir? Is the due date may 31st? i have a hard time navigating this site, and cant seem to find a post with all the info on this. Let me know---Tori

RivesGOLD Member
Nothing but circles and smiles...
118 posts

Posted:
one last time before the dead line...

ok quick summary for any one joining late:

Home of Poi Collaboration #2:
THEME: Silly Hats!VIDEO EDITOR: SamhmanDEADLINE: May 31st 2010UPLOAD INSTRUCTIONS: upload your video to https://www.rapidshare.com
then send the link to the video in a Personal Message(PM) to [Old link]VIDEO LENGTH: 2-3 min. HAVE FUN!

joffjkDIAMOND Member
147 posts

Posted:
Has anyone heard from the editer I sent him my video I while back no response and he has posted on this thread for a while I hope he hasn't disappeared on us

I love thinking in circles

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
yeah he pm'd me and said that he has been having computer problems in the last weeks

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Derek_FaughnDIAMOND Member
DerekJF85
101 posts

Posted:
I'm going to be making my video soon! Got my silly hat, got my poi. I:M READY!

"Dream as you will live forever, and live as you will die today"
James Dean

chemairoSILVER Member
person who like to spin all gears
62 posts

Posted:
Still looking for my really silly hat...

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I got worried my hat wouldn't be silly enough compared to what it sounds like other people are coming up with... So I fused two hats together into something so rad, it demanded bold font!!! Also it made people say "hi" to me while I was walking down the street, which isn't easy to do in Seattle.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
What if said fire poi is too big and too dangerous to use with said silly hat? Will just the massive flame do?

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
[Old link] is the answer you seek...

SamhmanSILVER Member
35 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone!

Sorry, I've at quite a bit of uni work lately and a few computer problems but I am here and I will edit this thing.

I'm not sure about music yet. Is someone keen to make it? Do we have a composer? The main thing is to get some copyright free stuff so that we can do whatever we want with it.

If you don't have a silly hat you'll still get in the video, it'll be tough to pull off some of the moves with a sick hat anyway.

Everyone who messages me a file will get in the video whether a beginner or the sickest twirler in the universe.

I'm not going to download from any of the links until the end of May so that I can do them all in one go...just to keep things simple for me. DON'T WORRY, if I have an issue getting any of them I'm message you back and let you know.

Groups is fine too. Non-silly hat, non-hats, cops, whatever you have I'll put on it, I don't want to discriminate.

If you're having troubles with rapidshare, megaupload is another site that does the same thing, google others if that is a problem, there are a few up there.

If you're going to email me, I can only receive files of about 10MB so it'll be quite poor quality and we'd all like to avoid that so use it only as a last resort.

Any questions please PM me, I might not be on the forums that often in the next 2 weeks but I'll check them as much as I can.

Any other questions?

p.s. We've gotten a great response so far, GREAT JOB!

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Having some hardware issues, Jesse recorded it again last weekend and one the mixers is recording nothing but static.
If we don't get it up in a day or two I've got some other glitch mixes I can upload.

2,280 posts

Posted:
I have a few videos to send in, or I will have a few, because I have the one with the cops because the cops would be funny. The prom because glowstringing at prom is special grin The Pokemon one because maybe for that part we might be able to have the Pokemon theme song in that part because it's the point of the video. If you will do that I'll send that one in. Then I want to get a serious video in with my big poi.

A=PoiRsQuaredSILVER Member
I thunk, their four I is.
28 posts

Posted:
Hey SOD: i'd say with the volume of people participating this time we should probably keep it to one 2-3min video each, unless the editor is up for the extra work that is smile

Life is Good

2,280 posts

Posted:
Yeah so Mr. Editor sir? Will you do the special occasion videos? Or should I just do big fire or pick one of those? Well, since this video is about being silly, I'll probably choose he Pokemon one if I have to. That or the prom one if I ever get the damn thing from Mr. Rob and he needs to get it from his girlfriend Miss Victoria forgets-a-lot.

SoopaSILVER Member
As Himself
150 posts

Posted:
All my videos are either total garbage or on Dan's camera lol

I would be down to be in something like this if you'll have me grin lol

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Well I think we have the hardware issue solved, new mix recording tonight.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Does anyone else find the loss of a glitch track to hardware problems hilarious?

ecaBRONZE Member
197 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sister ElevenDoes anyone else find the loss of a glitch track to hardware problems hilarious?

Yes! grin

"Think of the pussy, Weevil."
"What's a pussy-weevil?"

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
laugh3 Maybe we should just upload the messed up track.
Could call it something new and just pretend it was intentional laugh3

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
arg I'm having issues with finding a camera and time to film. Also we just got a nasty storms over here thats gunna hang around for a little while smirk

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Recording again...

2,280 posts

Posted:
Ok, grad party tomorrow, hope to get vid of me glowstringing there. Hopefully I do at least as good as I did at prom, that was some crazy censored! I only did wraps a key points in songs, it was mainly poi on speed, but that's why it was so awesome!

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Well it seems the problem is with the computer we record on. Possibly have it fixed in time, but uploading a ten minute cut from another mix just in case.

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
<3 <3

SamhmanSILVER Member
35 posts

Posted:
Yeh upload the prom and cop and pokemon stuff. Worse case is I can't put them all in but I'll slide in what i can.

Just downloading that track now to check out!

Keep sending me links! Most of my uni assignments are due on the 1st June so I'll be downloading all the videos a day or two after that!

2,280 posts

Posted:
Here's the Pokemon one, got others on the way and I am sure I'll get the prom one on time. https://www.sendspace.com/file/nggbv4

Cops one: https://www.sendspace.com/file/p3uvjo

Don't have the prom vid yet, but here's me demo-ing my big fire heads. I wish I had remembered to have someone film me with my camera on Saturday, it was great and my first public performance frown
https://www.sendspace.com/file/skagku

EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1274745205)

Page: ...