JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
So, we have a couple of good ways to make a heart shape, but I'm no romantic. Does anyone know how to make a star shape whilst spinning poi?

As here

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
the picture is a 6 point, if you look at the traces of patterns it's 2 offset trifoils, with the outer ring I would think he's just switched from doing a triquetra one way then change direction. Another way to make a star would be to spin a pentegram

there are loads of other star shapes and variations but that should get you started smile

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Cool, thank you. smile

poifull_spiritGOLD Member
journeyman
64 posts

Posted:
To get a true star using triquetras you'l need to get your antispin loops really tiny. for this you should practice antispin stalls and plane changes. for an idea of what i'm talking about check out Petey and G in "The airwrap reloaded" on Youtube. They are stupidly difficult and take a lot of practice.

Also to get a good star you'll need to be able to go from and up pointed triquetra to a down pointed triquetra in 1 or 2 complete circles. that means you would probably have to either do a line isolation to get in between the two triquetras or when you change directions (and subsequently hands) you could do the opposite triquetra. (i.e up triquetra with right hand and down triquetra with left hand)

please note that this is very complicated, especially to get the points of the star as points not loops. I cannot do this but now that i have thought about it i'm going to have to try and work on it... been meaning to get my triquetra direction changes down anyway.