Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Just to be sure, you guys are going to the liedse plein, right?

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
if you get to the hat-draw at 18:00 for a spot in the evening, it means you have to be there with "all your gear", and can't leave until the show is on.
that's the rules of leidseplain.
then again it IS a monday, and mondays are usually not so crowded with performers, so you might not need the draw, but then again... it is a really beautiful sunny day, so their might be a couple wanting to perform.
all kind of tricky. but it is THE pitch in amsterdam.
dam square is usually easier, but not as good, specially round dusk.
and busking somewhere else usyally doesn't attract a crowd, so won't get you any money.

there are also a lot of rules about music and amplification.
NO DRUMS are allowed at all, and music only to a certain degree.
luckily this year you don't really need a license, although i heard from stevo (an ozzy/dutch double staffer) that he had to purchase one, so i'm not completely sure anymore.

fire IS allowed in the park until whenever, but still no drums. so after show there is a place where we can still spin.

well, I'm off to the park now anyway, any more questions: call or text me on my mobile phone..

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Heeeeey! A fire show? Wow! After two year stevo's back!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaah! WOW! bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 clap I wonder if he has any new tricks!

I will definitly be there around...say 8! I can't go to the vondel, because I got an appiontment at 10:30ish, but I gotta see Steve!

AFTER 2 YEARSSSSSSS! Steve was the reason I started doing staff....he's my hero :-)

About Blijburg....I would choose Blijburg anyway, just becuase it's bigger and if we arrage a meet NOT in the middle of the day, the crowdiness will be handlable. Besides, what;s this about the sand? I mean: who cares? And I must say I never experienced more wind than @ Scheveningen Zandvoort, bergen aan zee, egmond or whereever on the Northsea...it;s windy alright, be it's okay....I say Blijburg (on the count we can make an bigger kampfire as well)

Thomas

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Thomasfire

...Besides, what;s this about the sand? I mean: who cares?

Thomas

when I go to a beach it's also to hang out and relax, when I feel like I'm at a building site it's not relaxing, nor is the building type sand good for your health, it's really dusty and gets into your lungs.. and EVERYTHING gets really DIRRRRRTY. blergh!

*translation: I care

for me it's a reason not to go there.

meditate eRic.

169 posts

Posted:
Well, I can say I million thing to this, but I don't wanna argue.

Man! What a dissapointment yesterday shrug I really wanted to see and say hello to Stevo. I wonder how I wasn't aware of him being here? Maybe because I'm going to oyjer places when the weathers nice..gotta stop doing that, or next I'll miss the trio who was there too that one time...

Anyway, Eric, maybe you heard if/when Steve's coming back?!

Thomas

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
It was a pity that you missed out on our foreigners yesterday though...
We had a cute little spinning session, and saw some beautiful choreografy with two-person poi & staff... not to mention one of the sexiest spinning styles I have seen till now wink

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
 Written by: marco.cj

Hold on a little with buying tickets for Landjuweel. I kan probably make a deal with the landjuweel organisation to give us a discount, or that some of the money flows to midwinterjuggle. I guess I should open up a pre-sale midsummerjuggle list somewhere or something to get names of people. Unless ofcourse you are planning on going to landjuweel for the complete landjuweel festival, instead of only the day's that the midsummerjuggle crew will be there.

marco

Hey Marco,
have you heard anything about getting a discount yet?
Because I wanna buy a ticket before July 20th - they're 25 euro rather than 35 until then.

Who else is planning to go to Landjuweel?

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
frown damn exams.. missing out on all the good stuff such as visitors and all...

anyway just here to say.. frown i cant make it to blijburgh saturaay.. since i have other engagements.. frown but i will be back!!!!!!

who needs family anyway... :P:P:P

Mickey

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

169 posts

Posted:
Face, did you mean the people on teh Leidseplein? You know, Jam smile

I saw them yesterday, and I must say, they rock! I really enjoyed the style of the spinning, with the dance and all. They are the first (i ever saw) who are accually combining firetwirling with acrobatics, which is wicked as hell.

I always had the idea to create a show around those two things...not sure I ever gonna make it, on the count I enjoy making movies more then firespinning, but it's cool to see it! Thumbs up!

Thomas

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
I got a text message they are doing a show tonight somewhere between 20:00 and 23:00. I'm going to look them up tonight smile

This friday there will be a protest at the Dam. Its because minister Dekker is trying to pass a law that practicly prohibits squatting (kraken). There will be a lot of people there and I believe the firetwirling community has an interest in protesting against this law. For instance Landjuweel is being held in Ruigoord, a squatting village. For more info, check out:
https://squat.net/damslapers/

High on Life!

silversnakeMaripo(i)sa
40 posts

Posted:
Cheerio, girlz & boyz,

Haven't been online for a while & worked my way through all your posts.

@ Atar, will the show that you were talking about be tonight (thursday 6-7), or was it yesterday (wednesday)?? Because I think home of poi time & thus dates are new zealand time & dates. In an earlier post from the leidseplein people they should have already left by now, but maybe the plans have changed. Could you send a txt message to my mobile phone if they're performing tonight? I'm not online for the rest of the day. Thx with a cherry on top :-D.

And about coming saturday... I'm confused... Can anyone enlighten me on the subject?? Am*dam Plage/Blijburg/wherever??? Time & meeting spot would be nice as well. At this moment I'm not very much inspired to come up with ideas. It would be lovely 4 me to see y'all on saturday, i can use some inspiration. To me it doesn't matter so much to get dirty or have a cityview or whatever.

"Pantomime is a slang expression for a situation where one is to go through the motions of doing something even though all concerned know it is a sham."

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Sorry, I think you're right about the date thingy on these forums. Their last performance was wednesday, and I can honestly say it was great!

About saturday: I wouldn't want people to have any less fun because we HAVE to go to Blijburg. This plage sounds good too if you ask me (I visited their website). As long as we can have a burn there I'm all for it. I say we meet there around 15:00 or something...
Are you allowed to sleep on the beach there? Because I will probaly be pretty tired from the protest night at the Dam.

High on Life!

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
hey guys, I'll see you tomorrow @ Blijburg... but eh.. How will I recognize you? Well, Atar, I remember you wink, but I'm afraid no one else will look familiar..
I think I can be there around 17.30 hr.. See you there!

if you can't change your mind, you haven't got one

AtarBRONZE Member
52 posts

Posted:
Alright Blijburg it is smile I'll be there at 15ish

High on Life!

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Heyhey,

I'm bored and tomorrow I'll probably be bored a little bit more...

who want's to meet up tomorrow?

Come to rotterdam and enjoy yourself!

And I mean then the 9th of july.

greets,

Fuero
EDITED_BY: Fuero (1152381519)

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

169 posts

Posted:
So, now I missed the posts since the post before Nova, so I had to leave Blijburg in time for my other 'firemeet'

Since it seems like everyone is confused about dates./times/places, I thik we should make some new plans for when people are back from vacation, so we can have a BIG meet, which is clear to everyone. I'm still up for beachmeet, but it all depands on the weather, and I really do mind the wind acually. Maybe its a nice idea to have a eehm....well, just a regular bigcity.park meet...I'm inda ou of ideas. I would say forest, but fire and everything would make that kinda riksy umm Doe anybody has a brilliant idea?

Thomas

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
any plans this weekend? biggrin

MaaiSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
OMG dit topic is lang!!!

Without Poi in heaven, I won't go!

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
And in English tongue

Welcom Maaai, tell something about yourself...

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
well, just click on her name, go to "maai's introduction thread" and you'll find this:

Written by:

Name: Maaike -> Not pronouncable by english speaking, some aussies tried it, most people call me Tink.
Country: The Netherlands (I have family in NZ, never knew till now that poi came from NZ...
Hometown: Oosterbeek, near Arnhem
DOB: 9th may 1986
Sex: Female
Occupation(s): Student Industrial Product design, so anyone knows a internship in New Zealand wich has something to do with poi?
Favorite Food(s): Home made pizza
Favorite Color(s): Blue
Toys: Toys? Dancing sword, poi and I married my iBook (12")
Hobbies other than the obvious: Dancing, belly dancing atm
Favorite Book(s): Anything fantasy, Raymond E. Feist and Laurell K. Hamilton.
Favorite Movie(s): PoC, What dreams may come.
Favorite TV show(s): To many
Plans for life in general: My dream is to find my designs everywhere around the world.
Favorite Music Artists/Composers: Alanis Morissette fanatic!
Favorie ice cream flavor(s): I'm allergic to milk... Ice cream is evil!!!

I'm used to chat in English, but my grammar sucks now and then.

anything you would like to add to this, maaike?

oh, and before I forget: wave welcome to the dutch thread, we'll make you feel at home hug2

meditate eRic.

MaaiSILVER Member
journeyman
56 posts

Posted:
Nope nothing to add. Only that my OV is still free this week, so a meeting before the weekend somewhere in NL would be nice :P

Without Poi in heaven, I won't go!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
@maai: come to the hague! we can meet up tomorrow or sum for a spin. there will be a meet for sure this week, depends on some people..
me and my girl will be hanging around in the hague this week and are always in for a spin!! :-D
just add me on msn: anonomatos@hotmail.com

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

ninikinsBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Hi there, it would be great if you guys would sign up to my new forum, and I'm hoping for lots of useful posts and comments: https://poiforum.s10.forumsplace.com/viewforum.php?f=1

Its all about spinning poi in Holland but of course anyone is welcome. thanks

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
biggrin ok, so I went to the meet others section on HoP about 2 weeks ago, and sent a good 20 people, that I've never seen on our "little" thread, links to this one and the list one. so far ninikins was the only one replying... so: welcome

Written by: ninikins

hi there, as I'd love to get some more discussion goign about poi by dutchies, I've started a forum very recently. It would be great if you could pass this on to others? cheers. sabine

wink now I might be a bit dim, but isn't that just what we are doing on this forum? and especially in this thread?

ubbloco 2543 replies and 42744 views say it is exactly what we are doing...

@ ninikins: I love your enthousiasm for starting this new forum (I just visited your forum, and since there are no posts, I asume it is new), but maybe it's better to keep things together instead of seperating even more.

devil we already have the whole HoP board, but also the forum on mot's site: https://www.motsplace.com/forum/phpBB2/index.php
and some others that I can't remember anymore.

meditate eRic.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
[shameless plug]

[Old link]

[/shameless plug]

wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

nova7BRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
It's my birthday today! ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile
AND THE SUN IS SHINING! (what else could I wish for)

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Liquifies_Through_Contact

[shameless plug]

[Old link]

[/shameless plug]

wink

and here are some quotes from the shameless plug:

Written by: Liquifies_Through_Contact

Ok,

I know this isn't the best time to tell everyone, seeing as most of you are at the EJC in ireland... but in the next couple weeks, I'm gonna make a visit to The Continent, and the only place I'm definately going at the moment is Brussels.

I figure, Belgium and Holland are pretty close... I'd love to meet up with some dutchies...

Written by: Gayle......!

Ed, try the dutch thread. They're so lovely and will all come and meet you. Mot and Neptys are in Utrecht which is lovely and PoP is in amsterdam. Go and meet them!

ubbrollsmile so how about a welcoming party for LTC in Utrecht soon?

btw: elasta, fluffynapalmfairy and bluecat will be back at the start of september too...

meditate eRic.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _pOp_

ubbrollsmile so how about a welcoming party for LTC in Utrecht soon?

LTC and Jea9... wink

Utrecht, you say? biggrin

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
rolleyes a date, LTC, we need a date... wink

meditate eRic.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Working on it...

I need to get my passport in my hands, and speak to Jea9 first...

Then I'll let you all know what's going on...

biggrin

Gayle was right... You dutchies are lovely...

Be Water My Friend.

Page: ......