Page:
LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
And I know you won't be defensive because of the definition of this forum.

1. Censored words: anyone who isn't of age here is going to be exposed to MUCH more questionable material than a swear word in print, just because of the lifestyle. Seems unncessisary.

2. This search for the topic before you post it. Can you disable it in some of the forums? It's completely useless in the forums that I post in (advanced poi moves, tech discussion and this forum - for various obvious reasons)

I'm just saying. Thanks grin

censored

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
I can see the merit in being able to post whatever you want, but on the other hand that opens up the potential for this place to slide downhill real fast to where the anticipated response to any post would be something like "U r gay, I hope you censored die!!!11!!!1 blah blah blah" or "OMG girl show your tits I'd like to blah blah blah to you!!!!@!!111!!!" Not that I'd expect this from our regular posters who seem to have more class than that. But I think the general vibe we have here most of the time and the blocked swearing both do a lot to keep away immature little pricks who'd use this forum as their own personal stomping grounds. Look at the posts by that Raymond Phule guy a few years back. That dumbass couldn't conjugate a sentence without swearing and all it did was highlight the fact the guy was a complete moron who really had nothing good to say. I may joke about epic flame wars, but would rather not see this site become something that people only go to for bitching or flaming purposes. For the most part, everyone on this site seems pretty chill and would like to keep it that way.

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Indeed, time to let this thread die I think. The rules ain't changing and a good thing to learn in life is not to worry about the little things you can do nothing about. Skip on over them and keep walking people!

270 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: brenonfire413I can see the merit in being able to post whatever you want, but on the other hand that opens up the potential for this place to slide downhill real fast to where the anticipated response to any post would be something like "U r gay, I hope you censored die!!!11!!!1 blah blah blah" or "OMG girl show your tits I'd like to blah blah blah to you!!!!@!!111!!!" Not that I'd expect this from our regular posters who seem to have more class than that. But I think the general vibe we have here most of the time and the blocked swearing both do a lot to keep away immature little pricks who'd use this forum as their own personal stomping grounds. Look at the posts by that Raymond Phule guy a few years back. That dumbass couldn't conjugate a sentence without swearing and all it did was highlight the fact the guy was a complete moron who really had nothing good to say. I may joke about epic flame wars, but would rather not see this site become something that people only go to for bitching or flaming purposes. For the most part, everyone on this site seems pretty chill and would like to keep it that way.

To me this is having assumptions and generalisations about the culture. Have some confidence in your people!

We can let this thread die if you really want. I was having fun.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I personally am not taking anything very seriously in this thread. It was fun for a while, but it's kind of started to lean towards flaming, so maybe it should die.

Brennash, I would also like to keep people chill. I like it that way grin

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: LyeOriginally Posted By: Mother_Natures_SonI think you'll note that one of the times isn't this one... so the relevance of your claim is spurious at best.

I've read this about 10 times trying to figure out what the point is but I couldn't get it. A time it isn't inappropriate isn't this one..(?) but this is a resource for a culture, as forums are and they're all filled with whatever the people are into.

What I was referring to was the simple fact that while generalisations may be useful in some situations its not useful in a public forum aimed at being suitable for anyone of any cultural background/age/shoe size.

This thread should die. If it were in any other forum I'd discard it as a troll thread. I won't be posting in here again.

hug

270 posts

Posted:
Whoa.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Yarp, this thread is what scientists are calling pretty ghey.

On that note, *hipthrust*

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

270 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Fine_Rabid_DogYarp, this thread is what scientists are calling pretty ghey.

yeah nice. less swears more slurs... tired

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
It's the HoP way.

*hipthrust*

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I hear dat!

*hipthrust*

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Be careful. I hear studies at a Romanian university have found a possible link between pelvic thrusts and insanity...

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Pelvic thrusts keep insanity away?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
Yes, insanity dislikes ice cream too

Just a dancer in the dark

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
lye: for someone trying to update the board, your grip on Internet slang is found somewhat lacking. https://www.urbandictionary.com/iphone/#search/define_json?term=ghey

Try not to fail so hard next time

Thread succesfully derailed. Good job team. Let's find another rubbish one to get silly with.

grin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

270 posts

Posted:
I don't really keep track of the sexual orientation of insults. I guess it was a fail. Congrats on the super win post.

Page: