Forums > Technical Discussion > 5.5 inch gorrila fist poi video?

Login/Join to Participate

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
just wondering if anyone has any of the gorrila fist poi cuz i would really like to see a video of them

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
i'm guessin that no one can help me with this unfortunately i am debating on whether or not to buy them

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Midkiffi'm guessin that no one can help me with this unfortunately i am debating on whether or not to buy them

I know someone who has a pair. No video though. I spun them... it's like... you need a couple people to finish the burn. Lasted like 15 minutes and they're insanely heavy. The 3.5" are good for me. Really huge, pretty heavy.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
maybe if you dip them for like 2 seconds

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

WyattDavisSpinsGOLD Member
WYATTSPINSPOI
69 posts

Posted:
yeah i saw those !! wow they are soooo big i cant belive it

2,280 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't suggest getting them unless you are incredibly strong. I'd suggest maybe getting an Isis type one. You could make your own, those type can give very large flames for their size wink

WyattDavisSpinsGOLD Member
WYATTSPINSPOI
69 posts

Posted:
yeah i really really want those isis heads from salza... they look amazing !!!

2,280 posts

Posted:
Well, I think it's a crown knot and then another on top of the first one. Not that hard to make, but kind of expensive in rope smirk I think it was like $80 in rope. I think I've decided I'm gonna make my own heads using a barrel stitch and some 10mm rope. Yup, definitely, 60 bucks including shipping for making an entire poi set. Including the chain and everything. They're gonna be some monstrous heads too. Especially compared to what I have now, cathedrals. I might even use 12.5mm rope. I haven't quite decided yet. Lol, maybe if they're not big enough I'll keep the 10mm ones as practice ones and send them to my old german exchange student as a birthday gift, cause he just uses 4" tube core from Feuershow and those have all that exposed metal and stuff.
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1270394257)

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well the first set of sock poi i made were insanely heavy and i got used to them and thanks for the info one more question though what is the flame size?
EDITED_BY: Midkiff (1270487995)

2,280 posts

Posted:
Umm, these are like you need to be a muscle-man or your shoulder will get dislocated heavy. Besides, it would be cheaper to make an Isis type head and you can make those as large as you please. You can even just keep layering over it if you want it bigger. But if you can always send the Gorilla Fists back if they're too heavy. And the flame size, enormous! I think I saw a video with them and they were huge! I'll see if I can find it for ya.

2,280 posts

Posted:
Ok correct me if I'm wrong, but are these it:

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
could be but they might be fire comets(massive but different design so not nearly as heavy), he seems to be manipulating them with relative ease so thats why I'm guessing comets, the 5.5 monkey fists are over 800g a head so they would be ridiculously heavy to use...

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

2,280 posts

Posted:
HOLY CRAP! 800G! That's waayyyy more than I thought! DON'T USE THEM! You will most definitely dislocate something. What ar comets anyways? I've heard of them once.

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

2,280 posts

Posted:
Holy Jesus monkey-nuts. What G was spinning was definitely not those. Those were the most ridiculous looking things I've ever seen in my life.

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Big flames though. eek

2,280 posts

Posted:
G was definately not meteor flames, those were unreal! G was maybe half or 2/3 the meteor flame. Unless it's a meteor that's coming closer to its end.

Edit: Actually after looking at the video of G again, those probably are it tongue2
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1270561935)