ecaBRONZE Member
197 posts

Posted:
First off, I wasn't sure if this was the right place for this thread or not, so feel free to move it if I'm wrong.

With that said, has anyone teamed of with a musician(s) for performances/busking at all? I know that SpinnerofDetroit just had a potential offer of performing with a band.

What is it like working directly with a musician vs. having music playing? Advantages? Disadvantages?

"Think of the pussy, Weevil."
"What's a pussy-weevil?"

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
people like to see live music, i usually play with djembe drummers(which is pretty much the norm for fire spinners). in time you and the drummers you work with learn to mesh to each other effectively. for performing in clubs you just need to work with the dj, if your doing your own thing then THATS when it's time to knuckle down, choose a specific piece of unusual music and spend ages working out beat structures and choreographing to it

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well as of now i cant really tell you but i plan on doing that at cavefest this year cz one of my buddies is excellent at playing guitar and i am goin to spin while he plays and try to wrangle up some money

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

ecaBRONZE Member
197 posts

Posted:
I may be joining a friend of mine busking. He plays the guitar well, and the music he writes is intended for you to get up and dance to so I'd say that it's kinda win-win.

"Think of the pussy, Weevil."
"What's a pussy-weevil?"

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
i cant wait to see if me and my buddy make money at the cave smile

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus