Page:
Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
No matter what toy you have but how many and what kind.

I myself have a pair or rainbow led poi balls in Aurora socks, Pro series led poi balls in jail house sock, Plus 2 extra pairs of poi socks and batteries. Then I have my fire poi, and then a monkey fist rope dart made with some wake boarding rope. So 3 poi 1 rope dart

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Oh, right! I have a fire staff! Thanks for reminding me, Geeza. Someone gave it to me when they were getting rid of their old stuff. I keep forgetting to learn any staffiness with it, though.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: aston*stab*

*bleed* ..oh dear frown I was just about to start selling them too wink

Cake or Death?

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I saw that. Pity I do not have R3,403.20 + shipping. frown

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
gah, the last time I saw a thread like this I had 5 different sets of poi.

Now I've got
2 sets of contact poi
3 sets of socks
1 homesewn cone poi
2 sets of fire poi

2 dinky lacrosse balls for contact
1 firestaff
2 practice staves (1450cm mas o menos)
1 set of double staves (4 footers, thereabouts)
4.5 sets of meteors (still making the fire ones)
1 set of short double meteors
1 ropedart
1 set of fan poi
1 set of fire fans
3 cheap juggling clubs (which I can't do to save my life)
3 jubbling gean gags. (which looks about as graceful as it sounds)
7-8 hula hoops (went on a hoop-making binge)

Ive got a waiting-to-purchase list to get Charlie's folding fire fans, the breakdown staff from Trick Concepts, a decent 100mm contact ball, a red acrylic ball, and now I kinda want a unicycle. I promised the wife I'd wait till my 2 year old is ready to learn bike riding before I get the uni, though. And that doesn't even include a passing fancy I have in getting LED version of some of those toys above.

*looks up*
Crimminy! No wonder my wife wants to kill me. If I paid as much attention to my wooing as my spinning, we'd probably have 14 kids by now.

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
What may I ask are fan poi?

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
that's the decription I use when my brain cant' think of a simple word like: FLAGS

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

2,280 posts

Posted:
Oh that makes more sense grin I have a pair of Erik's flags! I now have a rope dart to add to mine smile

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
i have a modified set now a pair of leds on shoe strings with the wooden handles with swivles and they are amazing

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
oh, that reminds me: I have a set of poi made with the 5-LED tap lights. I removed the back and attached it permanently to a half a tennis ball with a weighted interior. I got the idea from the old DMP. If you put em in the right material, they light up the whole sock beautifully.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
-1 contact poi for now. Replacement heads on the way.
+1 stage ball

Very tempted to add a pair of acrylics to my collection....

...+2 acrylic contact balls.

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
about to massively increase my collection for upcoming workshops.....

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

336 posts

Posted:
ahem...
1xfirepoi(cathedral/prochains w/swivells), 1xsalza fireropes, 2pairs of flowpoi duo, 2pairs of flowcrystals w/mass, 1 pair of flowpoi trio, loads of connectors to convert the floytoys systems into staffs/chucks etc, 3pairs of sockpoi, a few sets of glowsticks w/strings, 1pair glowballs w/ jailhouse socks, 1 set of wings by ericspoitoys, 5 juggling clubs, 3 juggling balls, 1 set of sq flags, 1 set of cobras, 2pairsof custom contact poi w/ swivells(1set is 100mm, the others are 80mm) 1 meteor, 1 hoop, two ropedarts(one fire, one practice) 2 pairs of firechucks(home made) 6 other pairs of chucks, 1x 1.4m fire contact staff, 2x short firestaffs, 3x practice staffs,2x 1.4 fire staffs, 4x buugeng, 4x bokkens, 1 thai chi long sword, 6 throwing knives, 3practice contact juggling balls, 6x 75mm acrylic contact ball, 1x 100mm uv acrylic contact ball, 1 set of devil sticks, 1 diablo and l box full of experaments and half finished stuff
I hate to think how much thats all worth...

edit: just looked through my box of stuff, add 2 old sets of fire poi, 3 more pairs of sock poi, 2 sets of basic glow poi, 3 tailed/scarf poi, a pair of inner tube poi, 2 battons, a pair of LED roller skates and a 3 section staff.
adding some more toys&teaching workshops so....)add 3 ropedarts, 23 sockpoi, 4 staffs and 15 contact balls of various types to that...
making the new total... 60 sets of poi in working order, 124 toys in total.... shocked omfg!!!!!!! shocked
EDITED_BY: liquidtrance (1274394199)
EDIT_REASON: more stuff

2,280 posts

Posted:
Holy censored! That's a ton of censored!

I have added rope dart (don't really like it), double staffs also don't really like them, practice rope poi heads, My own crazy-ass spirally fire poi with the super-massive flame that only weigh about 2.5 times as much as my cathedrals. Soon adding new fire poi of my own sennit design with new chains and all that will be described here:
HoP ball handle with Firemecca #6 swivel shoved into the eyebolt
220lb split ring
super tiny FireMecca oval link chain
FireMecca swivel welded to end of chain
Quicklink
Sennit Poi head 100% of my own design grin

Also plan on adding fire snakes to my collection. And does anyone know how much rope if used to make a Salza fire rope? I know what design they use, but not how much rope smirk

Igneas TempestasGOLD Member
Just a few more minutes... zzzzz
16 posts

Posted:
Sock Poi ( plain blue )
Sock Poi ( jailhouse )
Cone Poi ( white )
Glow Poi ( Blue ) on cord
Glow Poi ( Rainbow ) on chains - really very nicely balanced
Flag Poi
Tail Poi
65mm Mura Fire Poi ( 'for real' dirty pair )
65mm Mura Fire Poi ( never lit, clean set for practice )
Flowpoi Duo ( air and water in each )
Flowpoi ( no lights, steal 2 out of the duo's when i use them )

of all my toys I prefer my Jailhouse sock poi the most. They are beautiful to spin with especially for wraps and spirals because of the springiness, they fling back open by themselves with zero effort but they are difficult to stall because of this, so i'm leaning towards the cones.

New flowtoys are amazing to play with as well, though they do feel a little bit clunky at the moment, not used to them yet.

*edit*
forgot my juggling stuff as well, just a set of juggling balls and some 75mm clear acrylic contact balls that I suck royally with if i'm being honest
EDITED_BY: Igneas Tempestas (1274470897)

2,280 posts

Posted:
I really really really want another pair of cone poi smile They were my favorite out of everything I've used so far, but I am getting a new chain/wick set, so that's draining my money for now. Next for sure is a set of cone poi! I have a pair still, but they have about 10 threads left holding them together so they're pretty much just scrap cotton.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
+2 pairs contact poi
+1 12' tether for flowlight rope dart. (You missed it, Smurf! Except for the part where I knocked my glasses off, it was awesome and remarkably well tolerated by the Motor folks.)

Zub_ZubSILVER Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
hehehe, first post.
I've got 1 set of practice poi,
one set of LED poi,
2 Diabolo (one LED),
2 Devil Sticks (one Fire, One Practice)
One Unicycle (cant Ride it yet)
and One Slack line.

And A cat that loves to chase my Poi when I'm spinning.

Looking at what everyone else has I don't feel so bad about my gear.

If you notice this notice, you will notice its not worth noticing.

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Haha soon enough I will make it to Motor. Hopefully this week if its announced.

Also I have new socks and chains for my poi. My socks are perfect with the custom weights. Also the chains made my fire poi so much more fun. HOP FTW

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
I won't be there this week, but if it's announced it's still a good chance to meet some if the other STS folks.

Edit: (+2 watermelon flowlights, +2 pair contact poi, +1 new mass rig for my flowlights. And I'm not accidentally doubling anything; the correct total really is 4 pairs of contact poi. Different counterweight and cord setups.)
EDITED_BY: Sister Eleven (1274976423)

Seraphiastranger
14 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: liquidtranceahem...
1xfirepoi(cathedral/prochains w/swivells), 1xsalza fireropes, 2pairs of flowpoi duo, 2pairs of flowcrystals w/mass, 1 pair of flowpoi trio, loads of connectors to convert the floytoys systems into staffs/chucks etc, 3pairs of sockpoi, a few sets of glowsticks w/strings, 1pair glowballs w/ jailhouse socks, 1 set of wings by ericspoitoys, 5 juggling clubs, 3 juggling balls, 1 set of sq flags, 1 set of cobras, 2pairsof custom contact poi w/ swivells(1set is 100mm, the others are 80mm) 1 meteor, 1 hoop, two ropedarts(one fire, one practice) 2 pairs of firechucks(home made) 6 other pairs of chucks, 1x 1.4m fire contact staff, 2x short firestaffs, 3x practice staffs,2x 1.4 fire staffs, 4x buugeng, 4x bokkens, 1 thai chi long sword, 6 throwing knives, 3practice contact juggling balls, 6x 75mm acrylic contact ball, 1x 100mm uv acrylic contact ball, 1 set of devil sticks, 1 diablo and l box full of experaments and half finished stuff
I hate to think how much thats all worth...

edit: just looked through my box of stuff, add 2 old sets of fire poi, 3 more pairs of sock poi, 2 sets of basic glow poi, 3 tailed/scarf poi, a pair of inner tube poi, 2 battons, a pair of LED roller skates and a 3 section staff.
adding some more toys&teaching workshops so....)add 3 ropedarts, 23 sockpoi, 4 staffs and 15 contact balls of various types to that...
making the new total... 60 sets of poi in working order, 124 toys in total.... shocked omfg!!!!!!! shocked

lolsign So we'll have plenty to choose from then wink Haha

I have some rather lightweight fire poi (getting some heavier ones soon), some practice doubles, few fire staffs, few pairs of sock poi, some flashing juggling balls (no idea of the name, they were a gift), whip...erm...that's about it for the moment. Pretty lame really, but then I also have a small zoo & family to look after and that's where the money goes!! Lol

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
So I have this little green polka dotted thing thats like for a baby play pen. My homie came over with his flowstaff and I remember I had that. I pulled it off my wall and have a supper ghetto staff. Doesnt work to well but its fun

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Finally got my super ghetto bamboo double staffs. There a little short but were made out of a random piece of bamboo lieing around. Eventually will cut down a couple fresh stocks and get equal pieces.

However I must say double staff is not as fun as I thought it would be. I did however get a chance (and did) to get into contact staff. That is much more fun in my opinion. But it will always stand Poi FTW

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

chared soulstranger
3 posts

Posted:
still kind of new to poi but got 2 fire sets (monkey fist, cathedral)
got a 5ft fire staff
a fire nunchaku that screws together to make a sweet devil stick
twin chinese broadswords turned into fire swords
a set of 3" glass balls
& a box of a dont even know how many throwing knifes
so i guess a lot lol
EDITED_BY: chared soul (1276224416)
EDIT_REASON: cant type brain needs spellcheck

336 posts

Posted:
# add 2 fireswords and a tonne of fun chemicals from sam @ feuershow.....

2,280 posts

Posted:
Add my 2 new fire heads.

alex_atwoodBRONZE Member
stranger
23 posts

Posted:
My collection consists of:
4xLED HoP juggling balls
10xHomemade juggling bags(7x4panel, 3x6panel)
3xZeekio balls
2xsets of homemade sock poi(Tennis ball with golf ball inside)
3xHomemade 3Section Staffs(Aluminum and PVC)
Bocote(Wood) Exotic custom Woodalls nunchaku
Yellowheart octagon custom nunchaku
1x(R.I.P x3) Holo Cochrans 12" speed chucks
Atleast 10-15x sets of homemade DIY nunchaku(Wood, Aluminum etc.)
1x14" homemade octagon chucks made in the 70's by my cousin(Murdered...R.I.P., soldier, hero.)
1xHomemade chucks friend made from Hawaii(Spro swivs)
1x6' Holo staff Cochrans
3xHomemade Juggling clubs
Practice Katana
Rubik's cube lol
Bronze Waltons Tin Whistle
Tony Dixon ABS polymer High D whistle(These are fun so I consider them toys and an instrument, I guess my basses go here to but too much to list tongue2 )

EDITED_BY: alex_atwood (1276307573)

Lukas_Blissstranger
11 posts

Posted:
So:

-4 pairs of fabric poi (blue, green, white, striped)
-1 meteor
-1 pair of fire snakes
-3 Levisticks (two of them fire, one not)
-2 torches for fireating
-1 pair of monkeyfist double poi
-1 par of monkeyfist normal poi
-10 juggling balls
-diabolo+stix
-1 contact ball acrylic 65mm clear (bought from HOP)

That's so far all, folks!!! tongue2

Be the silence, surrounded by magic, and you will know what it is to be free.

"Because the people crazy enough to believe they can really change the world are the ones who actually do."

336 posts

Posted:
#add 2 more fireswords, 12 6foot mega torches, a set of new poi heads (kind of an improvised bigger version of isis) and some upgraded braided fire ropes which are fekin ridiculous...

2,280 posts

Posted:
Add my new Isis practice heads. And in a day or two add my first set of flowlights and action pants grin

Lukas_Blissstranger
11 posts

Posted:
SpinnerofDetroit: Action pants??? smile

Be the silence, surrounded by magic, and you will know what it is to be free.

"Because the people crazy enough to believe they can really change the world are the ones who actually do."

Page: