Forums > Social Chat > Does anyone else find they buy too much equipment on here?

Login/Join to Participate

Pommy BubblesGOLD Member
stranger
20 posts

Posted:
I just bought flowlights and colecords....
more stuff...

but then again, how much is too much? is there such a thing?

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
How many flowlights?

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I do not find I buy too much here at all. I mean, I've spent several hundred dollars here and the things I've purchased are starting to overflow my poi bag, but what was I going to do? Stick with one kind of poi? One color of sock/colecord/flowlight? $6 swivels? Madness!

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sister ElevenI do not find I buy too much here at all. I mean, I've spent several hundred dollars here and the things I've purchased are starting to overflow my poi bag, but what was I going to do? Stick with one kind of poi? One color of sock/colecord/flowlight? $6 swivels? Madness!

Yeah, Pommy, you've got a long ways to go before you have anything over on her. tongue2

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

Pommy BubblesGOLD Member
stranger
20 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Yeah, Pommy, you've got a long ways to go before you have anything over on her. tongue2

not at all, that was just my last purchase....i have more poi than you can shake a stick at from here!

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
To be honest I don't think you can buy enough flowlights here: they only have water, water 2 and air: luck up 'til a couple of weeks ago if you were quick enough.

You need to go to the source for earth, fire, spirit and love, besides flowpoi duo rigs (and trio for the guns).

Two of each before you could even have enough flowlights grin
EDITED_BY: Jameth (1268440258)

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
yet to bust the HoP purchasing cherry but the gear looks schmick as. Next purchase will be HoP for sure

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Actually they had Spirit and Fire up til a couple days ago, they just apparently didn't order quite enough. Thankfully, I'm one of the jerks who helped deplete their inventory of Spirit.

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
I must have blinked!

Still, I'm ambivalent about Spirit - love the purple, but ? too much pink. Certainly too pink if you duo them with love.

I'm hoping flowtoys come out with a special some time that has purple with green...

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Spirit is probably my favorite, Air a close second. But agreed about purple + green; would love it.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
No such thing.

I would know grin

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Chloe'GOLD Member
enthusiast
324 posts

Posted:
Can never have too much. I just got an order a few weeks ago and I'm already saving money for more.

Listen to Your heartbeat and dance...

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Can a junky have too much crack? Can that crack have too much coke in it?

FYI Jameth and SE, on their website they tell you how to change the colours and you could probably ask an A/C D/C instructor at a local school to help you if you're not certain.

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Oh, I know a few people who specialize in LED devices (if you've seen an Abney Park show in the last few years, my friend made pitch-sensitive LED component in their violin). Soldering accidents happen, though, so if I'm going to spend $20 a pop on my lights, I'd rather not risk it. The custom gear we're working on right now should take care of any custom color requirements.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Ooooh custom gear, you say?(ears perk) Tell us all more about this custom gear thingy.

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Will there be pictures?

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewOoooh custom gear, you say?(ears perk) Tell us all more about this custom gear thingy.

Well it started as a way to avoid the cost of flowlights, but now it's really just a project to see if we can come close to matching or exceeding some of the functionality. We're aiming at flowlight-style persistence of vision effects and color changing. Probably won't be as compact as a flowlight, and maybe not as bright either, but it should be cheaper.

All of this depending on my technical person being a little less busy with work some time in the future tongue2

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Scratches head... This is a great idea and big undertaking. I wish you well, you should let us know how it turns out.

Seconds, Jameth's question.

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
Haha I want more gear from here. Never enough.

Wow, custom made stuff? Impressive smile Im curious

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!