Forums > Social Chat > Back from Glastonbury!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Dazmember
47 posts

Posted:
Just got off the train from Glastonbury - Oh my god, that was an experience!

What can I say apart from " Hi to all the fire spinning wierdos up in the Stone Circle!!!"

Love you all!

What is this life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare.

Come alive!

Whirlymember
47 posts

Posted:
dont suppose anyone found a red nylon bag with some small ropes and cathedral wicks and ball chain in it at Glasto did you?

They call 'em fingers, but i aint never seen 'em fing!Otto man

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Didn't find any bag sorry. You should try getting in touch with Worthy Farm to see if it was handed in. The Fluffy one got her wallet back with all it's contents intact.

Did you get yours back Hels? We weren't around for your return from your farmward trek.....

Glass, I was wanting to quote the compare from the Dance and Fire stage (something about a bag of shame - 1001 objects too crappy for a car boot sale (?)) but I can't remember it.

Random Glass quotes:

"I admire your logic. I just wish i was awake enough to argue"

"These are random orange trousers. I'm just not sure if they're the ones you're refering to"

"Oh no, I must've been burgled - I couldn't have made this mess...."

"Let's do hippy planes"

"I've only learnt one german phrase," (mutters something in English about smoking what you roll) "that's it!"

"Come and spin some poi Ewan. You can't have picked any up more than once today...."

Random Sketchy quote:

"What confuses me is, how do people manage to sh!t on the walls?"

Bovril:

"Jon says I have to run round the whole site telling people to switch on their phones"

Mineiro:
"I'll just ask Tree if I can get away....."
(isn't seen for next 4 hours).

Te Pooka Steve:
"C@nvas?"

Random civillian in ID Spiral (watching Glass do 8 ball contact):
"Hey look what that guy's doing with his balls.....he must play with them a lot...."

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ooh I thought of some more quotes Sorry if this is boring to anyone but it keeps me happy.....

Can't remember if this was Glass or that BlueMinCat:

"Dom. Faster. With less control..."
(Dom proceeds to spin like a demon and kick some serious poi bottom)

PK:

"Have you been working out Dave?"

FNF:

"Did you see the naked people? They had socks on their boy chickens...."

"You can sit round doing nothing at home. You're at a festival now. Go and do stuff"

"You won't see Nix? and Coleman together....they're both the same person."

Nix?:

"On Hop now I'm just +). Don't ask me why!"

Bovrilmonkey:

"I think his name is Kevin. Or something that sounds like Kevin..... call him Kevin."

Coleman:

"John's been pursuing women....and having some sucess . We're just off to find him and poke him with these sticks...."

OK I've finished for now.

Meh

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
That was Bluecat's heckle in my direction. A definite favourite of mine from the weekend.

I'm going to quote myself, because it was quite funny. The scene: Friday 4:35am
Cole (I think): "You not staying up to see the sunrise?!"
Me: "If you check, like I have, you'd know that the sun has, in fact, already risen. There's just a shit load of hills in the way!"

Axismember
171 posts

Posted:
Those freaky orange lights floating over the pyramid stage during radiohead?

-that was me that was, it got on national radio ('was it a UFO?') and in Q magazines review of the festival-

"Best of all is an utterly eerie moment when four points of light float over the crowd suggesting that aliens are in attendance."

heh...heh..heh

Amazing that you can freak out tens of thousands of people with just a glowstick and a helium balloon!

Best ever Glasto!
keep it special!
Axis

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
Didn't see it ..but top marks for effort..wish I had

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I know its late but i think i scribbled something on the other glasto thread.

Huge thanks to all the Londoners I met and camped with.

Still have a picture in my head of Hells Bells being lovely showing me something on a program and having huge smiley eyes.

Are you really like this or was I slipped something.

I had blue electroglow doubles but no elastic, sounds like I missed meeting 2 or 3 really good double staffers though

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
the bungee aerotech staff dude was jonathan from brighton.
really friendly bloke - met him at the rex a while back where he made me go with that stick on a string.
trust me to only have the stills camera on that night

its taken him well over six months to get those basic releases, spins and retractions but damn are they tight now!
and if that didn't make him cool enough, all his aerotech equipment is three colour

git

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
I was aerotech spotting all festival and I have to say...I need a bigger overdraught

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
I've just been looking at Woody's photos from Glasto....... I wanna be back there now!!

C@ntus - I didn't have the same luck that Mrs Fraggle had, they didn't have my wallet ah well, n'eh mind!

@ Tempest - I was thinking about that the other day. I think I was a bit . Finding that thing for you on that programme became the MOST important thing I had to do. It was more important than life itself at the time

ahhhh Happy Days!

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
The scary thing about woody's photos is just how many of the things there were. Unfortunately none of the lemon launching we did. Also a few too many with me in them for my liking (and none doing poi :-/ )

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

Page: