greenfyregirlSILVER Member
journeyman
55 posts

Posted:
Hello!
I have checked all the past threads that I could find, under this title and have rung the numbers etc, but to no avail! (torribles/ writesure/ Dixon Chambers)

Has anyone recently got fire insurance in the uk?? please help!!

clare

EDITED_BY: greenfyregirl (1259050791)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Rees Astley

£265 for £5million cover
less for £2million cover (probably about £180)

Tel: 01686 626019

hug

Country Mutual do it as well but I think they are a little more expensive.
EDITED_BY: Mynci (1258980750)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

monocular marcGOLD Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
checkout equity. 129 for performers insurance 26.25 for the fire add on. you get to copyright a stage name as well!! and list as many skills as you like =)

life is funny. fact

greenfyregirlSILVER Member
journeyman
55 posts

Posted:
Thanks Guys! Il give these a ring smile

2milion sounds a lot!! but I suppose the more cover the better! eek

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
i've been with rees astley for a few years, they're pretty good cos you just ask for fire performers insurance and you can do pretty much whatever you want smile also they give you a no claims discount after a year or 2 smile

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
equity are also good as they are a performers union as well, so you get benefits with them such as legal aid etc smile

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Not sure if equity have changed their policy yet so it actually covers fire performers properly, you may need to request a specific change to the policy - I'm not 100% but believe there is a clause that means your not covered if props are not kept in a sealed metal container - tricky for staves.

Towergate have just sent me a letter to say as an old customer please be advised we can offer cover from any day now not just september to september.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: greenfyregirlThanks Guys! Il give these a ring smile

2milion sounds a lot!! but I suppose the more cover the better! eek

Just to let you know, around our area (bournemouth/Southampton) councils will not hire you (or let you perform) unless you have a minimum of 5 million PLI in case of buildings burning down or law suits for personal injury. so bare that in mind when you get your insurance. although most companies will let you upgrade at any time if you need to.