Forums > Meet Others > Thailand - Any events?

Login/Join to Participate

Sherabstranger
5 posts

Posted:
Hello fellow spinners,
does anyone know of any juggling conventions/workshops/events or any 'get together" where I could hook up and learn new stuff with fellow spinners going to happen anywhere in Thailand within the next few months?
Thanks

AlannaLPSILVER Member
Soot and Stars
10 posts

Posted:
I'm thinking about moving to Thailand this spring. What is the fire community like in Thailand?

Thanks!
Sarah

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
First check in Bangkok at the corner Pra Sumen / Pra Artit (the park with the white fort near Kao SArn Road) late afternoon/ early evening the jugglers and spinners meet there.

Oud's Juggling Cafe is near Riverline Guesthouse - a 5 minutes walk further away from the park.

Then you will meet spinners on all islands and beaches around Thailand. Strongest "community" might be in Koh PhaNgan and Koh PhiPhi (also very touristic places)...

AndreaLee is currently organizing a poi/ juggling camp near the Burma border for refugees but I don't have details.

Consider contacting her by PM here... _Clare_ might also have informations on how to contact Andrea.

Chok dee kap
mei pen rai

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
I just got back from 3 weeks travelling around thailand, mainly sticking to the andaman coast though. I was trying to avoid the heavily tourist/populated areas like phuket/koh phi phi etc and consequently didn't meet many spinners. Spent most of my time explaining what they were to curious locals who hadn't seem them before tongue2

I had a great time spinning at Tonsai near Railay, alot of reggae bars that had permanent slacklines for day fun, and fireshows every night. Was only there for a couple of days but ran in to a few jugglers as well which was great.

It was really pretty easy to keep meeting people along the way, just by keeping my eyes out for other people spinning or just having some toys with and having people approach. Was a lot of fun...

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=478889440172&_fb_q=1

is a group in Thailand,

checkout the Global Fire Guide at apps.facebook.com/globalfireguide its a global directory of active fire communities

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?