Forums > Social Chat > spinning in the south pole

Login/Join to Participate

G star 72BRONZE Member
13 posts

Posted:
Hi guys, If you have read my profile you will know that I am an adventure instructor in Nottingham, as part of my work I have to attend a local college, 6 months ago one of my boss/tutor asked if anyone would be interested in trying out for a polar expedition, after many long physicaly and mentaly testing asessments I was told today that I have been offered the position, so with that in mind I aim to be the first person to walk to the south pole and swing poi there. As it is being heavily advertised on national news I think it would be an awesome way to highlight our skills as performers and increase the interest in what we do. The tricky bit is that I have to raise £30,000 through sponsorship, so this is an international request, If anyone knows a company or indvidual who would like 2 years of advertising for a small sum the please give them my e.mail. I would like to break the mold and have a juggling shop or company to sponsor me rather than the usuall mainstream companies, however any would rock, £30,000 is my aim but it is more realistic to have several sponsors instead of one main sponsor. PLEASE, DO WHAT YOU CAN FOR THE POI. check out www.polarchallenge2004.org. thanx

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I heard that poi go the other way on the other side of the equator...

G Star 72, I can't think of person or company off the top of my head but I will keep an eye out for you. Good luck with your search!

G star 72BRONZE Member
13 posts

Posted:
cheers paddy, pass the word around to other HoPers and we'll see what we can do for the game.