Forums > Social Chat > Does anyone else do this?

Login/Join to Participate

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I just thought about if anyone else does this, or if I'm just odd.

Ever since I think around 6th grade, whenever someone would be doing something obnoxious or just annoying, I always picture in my head, whatever they're touching quickly grows spikes out if it and impales the body part touching it.

An example would be someone kicking the back of my chair, I would imagine that the chair shoots a bunch out of it and impales their foot, and retracts back in. And yes, that mental image comes with all the blood and gore.

So does anyone else do anything like this?

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

N1ghtshad3BRONZE Member
stranger
8 posts

Posted:
roflmao no i don't do that but it's an intriguing concept

~Spin free, weave memories, light the night~

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
I don't imagine that...no.

I do how ever have a mutant power where i can electrify an object just by looking at it, so in school, when someone would be kicking my chair i would end up electrocuting them. I only ended up killing about 3 kids before i figured someone was going to catch on and send me away to be experimented on.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
I used to imagine similar stuff as a young kid bored out of my skull in church. Like rockets would shoot out of the pipe organ and the candle sconces would turn into mini flamethrowers. I had quite an imagination then and already a budding dislike for organized religions! tongue2

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
I would imagine objects doing unconventional things or turning into monsters, but not spikes or killing people usually. Just letting my imagination run around artistically for a while.

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

2,280 posts

Posted:
Wow I was very surprised by some of the responses especially the church one, that made me laugh pretty hard considering I'm alone on my computer.

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
I once imagined hitting someone. I then woke up in hospital. True story.

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
What I tend to do is imagine having arguments with people... it's amazingly therapeutic, and people in your head always react properly.

It also saves you the hassle of having arguments with people irl..

Just a dancer in the dark

PuffSILVER Member
The Magic Dragon
134 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SeasprayWhat I tend to do is imagine having arguments with people... it's amazingly therapeutic, and people in your head always react properly.

It also saves you the hassle of having arguments with people irl..

Hahaha I do that all the time. I thought I was mad.

Also I can shoot grenades out of my hands

Let my words, dear friends, be treasures. Weightless golden butterflies that hang before your eyes for seconds, then are gone. But the dust of truth and beauty that their wingbeats leave behind will settle on your soul and make you happy. - Edward Monkton

924 posts

Posted:
mm, I try to keep the physical object imagination under control. Other wise I'll start casting magic missle at the darkness while spinning staff

And that way lies yet more madness. Extra crispy style ^^

WoodsyBRONZE Member
Spanking you kindly.
156 posts

Posted:
Truth be told i havnt done exactly this, but i myself do random things like this. Little things i do inside my head.

One thing i do (this is also a physical thing). On a bike path or a walk way when i go walking/running, i try to step one foot in each square of the path as much as i can. And by the square, i mean where it has that little line that tuns across the path.

Woodsy:Down with the sound, and the people will all yell: "POWER IS MEASURED IN, DECIBEL".
Poje: not Joules?
Woodsy: No...Never grin

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Well if this is steering towards small compulsions, I sometimes like to "walk" my hand along a guard rail or banister with the index and middle finger as I go along and it's like a little person that has to run to keep up with you! tongue2

I also have a habit of assessing whether some building or location has any worth as a defensive structure in case of zombie outbreak. It's completely useless but fun! Like no, that mansion wouldn't work because it has too many large windows close to the ground, but if somebody parked vans in the entrance to that apartment and blocked it off, it could potentially hold and the inner courtyard could become a garden. Hey this is teh interwebz so be proud of your geekiness!

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: brenonfire413I also have a habit of assessing whether some building or location has any worth as a defensive structure in case of zombie outbreak. It's completely useless but fun! Like no, that mansion wouldn't work because it has too many large windows close to the ground, but if somebody parked vans in the entrance to that apartment and blocked it off, it could potentially hold and the inner courtyard could become a garden. Hey this is teh interwebz so be proud of your geekiness!

I just look if they are climbable. tongue2

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

2,280 posts

Posted:
I do all of the above three laugh3

And as for Seaspray...

924 posts

Posted:
... o0 the internet disturbs me...

That was clearly a spark spell

2,280 posts

Posted:
I really want to try and hold a conversation when he talks like that.

RingshadowSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
I'm a furry. When someone pisses me off, my imaginary ears fold back. I also get real snarky, real fast.

Happiness is a skill, not a commodity
I have been kidnapped by hooping.

RingshadowSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: brenonfire413

I also have a habit of assessing whether some building or location has any worth as a defensive structure in case of zombie outbreak. It's completely useless but fun! Like no, that mansion wouldn't work because it has too many large windows close to the ground, but if somebody parked vans in the entrance to that apartment and blocked it off, it could potentially hold and the inner courtyard could become a garden. Hey this is teh interwebz so be proud of your geekiness!

Oh holy crap! I do that everywhere I work! I generally assess for short term avoidance rather than long-term stay. For example I worked a temp job at a place that made prefab shelving units and stuff and I had a route planned where I would pocket my water bottle, grab an improvised weapon, and run thirty feet to where the pallets of laminated boards were waiting. One quick easy climb later, I'm twenty feet above the slavering hoards, fairly mobile across a chunk of the warehouse, and have heavy stuff to drop on them if need be.

Of course the best option was the nuclear power plant I worked in. Supplies, water, power, secure location, armed guards. Hoorah.

Happiness is a skill, not a commodity
I have been kidnapped by hooping.

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
My most defensible job was a huge brick factory- acres of yard with huge pallets of brick loads thirty feet high and nearly impossible to push over and fork trucks to move them with. Just make a huge rectangular fort with the stacks. I tell you guys, The Zombie Survival Guide changed my life! Of course if it got really bad, I'd go to the Ozarks in Arkansas with all it's mountains, hills and caves in a rural location.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
I am doing this very thing at this very moment.

It's more like the opening scene from 'Killing Zoey' as some jerk wad talks threw their nose in their squeely accent at me like I'm flippin stupid.

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: WoodsyTruth be told i havnt done exactly this, but i myself do random things like this. Little things i do inside my head.

One thing i do (this is also a physical thing). On a bike path or a walk way when i go walking/running, i try to step one foot in each square of the path as much as i can. And by the square, i mean where it has that little line that tuns across the path.

Non-Https Image Link

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
does anyone else spin while they walk places? i found that it is good practise for moving and spinning you should try to do a meltdown while walking its different

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Kerosene_FalconSILVER Member
fire twirly girly
46 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: WoodsyTruth be told i havnt done exactly this, but i myself do random things like this. Little things i do inside my head.

Did this all the time walking to school, my sister would go mental at me, I blame her for telling toddler me if you step on a crack u'll break your back.
My imagination never switches off, ever. Daydream constantly
A few weeks back a friend n I were moving wood planks around her yard we looked at each other and both said "your pretending your a cart horse"

Of course my horse is clumsy he has two left feet

MelesSILVER Member
Sanity is merely a mental condition, Thankfully I've been cured.
39 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: brenonfire413.... I sometimes like to "walk" my hand along a guard rail or banister with the index and middle finger as I go along and it's like a little person that has to run to keep up with you! tongue2

I totally do this all the time grin

On the spikes in feet front, I never did that. Instead I used to imagine I could make people halucinate that I'd turned into somekinda Daemon with fire everywhere so they'd go crazy and start screaming in front of everyone whilst i sit innocently looking bemused with everyone else.... Spikes would have been easier methinks.

Best place to go in Zombie apocalypse is the moors near me. High ground, loads of visability, huge tors with caves n stuff.... in the middle of nowhere so there would be a low zombie count anyway, hang out there for as long as supplies can keep u then hope the zombies are either starved or been killed by tactical missile strikes grin
EDITED_BY: BadgerBoi (1281483933)

...Let Freedom ring with a Shotgun Blast...

2,280 posts

Posted:
I think the best place for a zombie apocolypse where I live would be the highschool. We can lock all the doors, they shouls have a seemingly endless supply of microwaveable cookies to eat. And if all else fails we can go into the basement. That is enormous, and has 1 entrance that is a really thick metal door. Also there are lots of escape spots and we can use the asbestos as a deadly weapon!