ufo8mycatBRONZE Member
journeyman
60 posts

Posted:
Hi there,

We, the FireWorks Collective have an opportunity to take an all UK fire troupe to the conclave at Burning Man 2010.

We managed it for the first time last year, making a production of Alice in Wonderland on fire. It was ace, but this year's going to be bigger, badder and burnier all round.

We're looking for spinners who are already planning on going to the burn, are more than competent with burning balls of fire and are committed to putting on a damn good show - this will involve rehearsals and meetings in London. There is also the possibility (although not guaranteed) of a gifted ticket to BM - now how hot is that??

Please contact me off list at alex@piratetechnics.com if you're interested. The first meet and great is upstairs at the Reliance on Old Street, next Wednesday 10th February at 7pm.

If you're up for it please make every effort to come, our deadline for showing intent to burn is Monday 1st March - we'll need your commitment before then.

Burners in and around Bristol, a second cell for the Collective will be operating from there. Please get in touch as well.

If you want to be in the best fire show on the planet, get in touch.

Alex
x

Pirate Technics
burning art
www.piratetechnics.com

it's not that i mean to set things on fire...

ufo8mycatBRONZE Member
journeyman
60 posts

Posted:
... is no one going to Burning Man this year?

That's amazing.
Alex

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
hey, don't rub it in! wink

Are you doing anything on facebook, I know some people who might be going I could steer your way..

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

ufo8mycatBRONZE Member
journeyman
60 posts

Posted:
Yes, just set up a group, we're about 6/7 people at the moment, a dozen would be great:

https://www.facebook.com/alex.rinsler?ref=profile#!/event.php?eid=338484341000&ref=mf

That would be great if you can, thank you
Alex

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Hiya,
I am looking at going, but am currently in New Zealand.. won't get to the UK till May..

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

ufo8mycatBRONZE Member
journeyman
60 posts

Posted:
Could still work out as we'll be rehearsing through the summer...

let's keep in touch, drop me a note to alex (at) piratetechnics (dot) com

xxa