Forums > Help! > Where is the Flowlight Case???

Login/Join to Participate

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I am finally fed up with these LED PVC ball poi and their ridiculous breakage, so I finally decided I should get the flowlights I wanted. Just a couple days ago I was looking to see how much it would cost to get them. My second set of LED Poi broke today and I went back on and the ccrystal case with the flowmass isn't on the store anymore. WTF! mad

Can a mod or Malcom please tell me what's going on? Because I would much prefer ordering from HoP because of my fat discount. But I do plan on getting those batteries and the charger from flowtoys.

I would also like to know why support never got back on me 1-2 months ago when the first ball on my second set broke and I've been using my almost broken backup from the first set since then. It would be nice to get a replacement too because flowlights come at a hefty price and I wouldn't like to use ALL of my last 2 paychecks on flowlight stuff.

Edit: Make that 3 paychecks cry
Edit again: oh my lord, even more, like $100 for everything for them, seriously this isn't right

EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1265247087)

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the wonderful world of haemmoraging cas into something that, if it weren't a specialty item, should c\cost 10 times less. If cash is the issue, then have a look around your local dollar store to see what they have that you can adapt and make your own LED poi.

For instance, six battery powered glowsticks ( three on each poi ) a little packing tape and you're in business.

2,280 posts

Posted:
I decided to but the pro series led balls until I can save up enough to buy the flowlights.

forrestfireSILVER Member
lonely spinner
67 posts

Posted:
i have the water 1's. im about to get spirit and fire and get duo and have the spirit and water 1's inside and fire as handles. then also get a contact staff to change it with.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
What is their battery life like anyway? I know you can use rechargeable batteries in them, but on a single charge how long would you say they go?

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
I'd guess 6-8 hours maybe.
Never really payed that much attention to how long they're actually on, but when I go out it's usually from 10 - 4ish. They usually get passed around the club a lot so most of that time they're being used.

If they had a full charge I probably wouldn't have to change the batteries, but I don't always change them before I leave so about the half the time I get out there on a partial charge and have to change them at some point.

forrestfireSILVER Member
lonely spinner
67 posts

Posted:
if you use recharables a while. if not... about 3 for me frown their website has the correct type to get.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
You;d be better of contacting HoP through their buisness email if you want a faster response.

https://www.homeofpoi.com/company/Contact.php

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

2,280 posts

Posted:
Thank you Malcolm and your true amazingness grin

And besides, I wouldn't trust myself with them without the soft cases or the hard tubes they use for the "Flowpoi"

I will for sure be getting them when I have gotten the other things I want, such as double staffs wink That's the big one.

I'll be putting some money away over time to get those Flowtoys, and when I buy them, I will of course by as much of my stuff as possible from here, because you guys are awesome smile

sean_flowtoysBRONZE Member
stranger
14 posts

Posted:
Hi All, Sean from flowtoys here. Thanks to Malcolm, HoP and everyone who loves flowtoys for their support!

battery-life: 6-7 hours in most modes, 3+ in BOLD mode (fully charged rechargeables of course)

crystal cases: https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Single-Crystal-case-for-flowlights

critical! unless you just can't deal with the extra weight, they are the only way to go, with 1 or 2 pairs of mass too if you like it hefty. (the flowpoi tubes rock too!)

not sure why flowmass isn't on HoP right now, probably sold out, but if you're getting batteries and chargers from flowtoys directly anyway you can can pick up you mass then too smile

We make the best product we can and offer it at the lowest price we can in the hopes that everyone can afford them, but we are still a small company, and to make such a quality product cheaper and even better, we need WAY more people to buy them! many times more! so tell your friends to buy our stuff (through HoP or anyone!) so it will be cheaper some day! ;D

EDITED_BY: sean_flowtoys (1266371992)

find your flow...

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
They're not only out of flowmass, they're out of most colours of flowlights too. I'm hoping the ship carrying HOP's new supplies docks soon. smile

It's not just that HOP gives a discount for all the poi I bought before: I want the colecord tethers, and HOP is local(ish) for me.

One way or another crystal water poi will be mine! grin

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Yeah, my HoP discount lets me buy the flowlights, mass, crystal cases, and 50ft of colecord for the same price as just the former three at flowtoys.com. I just wish they'd get in the Love color faster!

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroit the ccrystal case with the flowmass isn't on the store anymore.

It's baaaack!

https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Single-Crystal-Case-with-Flowmass

2,280 posts

Posted:
Woo!

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
They also had solo flowmass listed briefly, but the pricing was wrong so HOP've taken them down whilst they fix that, hopefully it'll be back up tommorow (I want 2 flowmass per case :D)

2,280 posts

Posted:
yes, me too. I want that option, I unfortunately got bored and found out how much everything I want will overall cost. Oh-my-lord! Try around $350 for everything I plan on getting!

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
I too have a long list, I'm putting off facing up to the final figure as long as possible. shocked

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Arrived today!
Non-Https Image Link

EDITED_BY: Jameth (1267486301)

2,280 posts

Posted:
actually, there is a lot more that I thought about it, and I too decided that I will go ahead and not add up the final cost. Because I can also for example chock up Flowscrimas, Isis poi, blah blah blah, blah-blah blah, blah blah.

Also, does anyone know which give a bigger flame, Isis, or Osiris Poi from Feuershow? Because those Osiris Poi look pretty monstrous.

Non-Https Image Link

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroit Also, does anyone know which give a bigger flame, Isis, or Osiris Poi from Feuershow? Because those Osiris Poi look pretty monstrous.

From what I can see with pictures of the poi I would think Osiris poi would make bigger flames just because of the size. I personally want the Isis poi.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
I think the osiris flames would be huge but they're like 280grams a head so they would be a bit of a nightmare to use, especially soaked in fuel, you'd need arms like a gorilla shocked

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

2,280 posts

Posted:
I think I'd end up going with Isis, because then at least, I have something bigger to shoot for grin

In reality, I'll probably at some time try the Osiris Poi. One thing is Isis just look plain pretty grin And are probably a better weight for me. Also does anyone know where to get those Isis practice head that I've seen in multiple videos?