JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
I know we have a couple music threads already, but this is something a little different so I started a new one.

I've been working on some new stuff and a few full sets. Most DJ's at any event play hour long sets, but after making the last 10 minute track I was thinking of doing some more of that.
What do you guys think about a CD full of more 8-10 minute mixes?
Would be more appropriate for spinning I would think.

I'll still work on some full sets of course, but on days I can't sit down and devote hours to music I could make shorter mixes and post them here.
Seems we have a couple of other DJ's here too so maybe they can mix a few and upload them for us as well?

Feel free to post suggestions or requests too. I know Sister Eleven was hoping for a glitch track, unfortunately I don't have a wide selection of glitch, not too good with it anyway. Any glitch DJ's here?

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Not sure, because the spinning set I've seen are up to 7 min's max. I'd get tired playing much longer.

Personally I prefer mixes that change in atmosphere and tempo - not like in a wave pattern but building up (or releasing)...

Post links once you got them and I'll have a listen - will let you know smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

KittehRaverSILVER Member
=^,-,^=
35 posts

Posted:
I hear you on those hour long sets. I'm a set DJ myself for the time being. I try to put in breaks where you can take a break from spinning and relax a bit.

I'm the resident Vampyre Kitteh!
NYAH!

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
really drunk, and it's nearly 4am, so this one is probably terrible.
Just walked in and felt like music so I grabbed another beer, hit record, and this is what came out. Haven't even listend to it yet to see how it sounds laugh3

https://www.sendspace.com/file/s887e3

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
hmm, seems I missed the 7 minute mark by a bit lol

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Wrong link, try this one.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/62ml4o

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
That was some pretty good music, thumbs up

I wanna see what you can do when sober wink

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Check the dubstep mix in the video collab thread, I was soberish for that one laugh3

Finally listened to it all the way through.
Quality is a bit rough, few of the mixes are sloppy, think it will be a good start to something though.
Just got to find the names of some of the stuff I used, don't know what half of that is. Was just throwing in stuff at random laugh3
EDITED_BY: JaredW (1264898196)

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Taking some of the tracks out of that last one, mixing them right this time laugh3 and working on a 4 hour set for a birthday party.

Will probably have to zip it in pieces to upload it, but I'll get it up when I finish it.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Wow Jared I didn't know you spin. smile

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...