• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1234
FireTom

Stargazer

Total posts: 6650
Posted:or better "it's my thread and I can delete it if I want to".... wink

another one bites the dust wink

R.I.P Haiti? thread

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Delete Topic

Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:I agree with the general sentiment in this thread that it's not about whether it's the "truth" or the like, or even difference of opinion, but all about how it's put.

Relationship and the like are made all-the-more fun through different opinions because that is how we learn new ways to view the world. Even if we don't choose to adopt that view, the learning of it is a good thing.

But to belittle people because of the difference doesn't foster relationships and is even less likely to make people see if from a different view if the different view comes across as hostile.

I remember distinctly a thread on here a few years back where I was on the fence and enjoying having a rather "agnostic" sort of view and reading what everyone had to say while taking in points from both sides. However one side then jumped down the throat of another and started belittling that side and questioning their intelligence. I then immediately took sides in the debate because I hated seeing someone being treated so poorly.

I jumped down from the fence, not because of "truth", not because of opinion, but because of feelings and human integrity.

I think that too often on the internet people forget that there is a real person on the other side of the keyboard. A real person with thoughts, feelings and emotions. Often with a personal reason or experience behind whatever they are saying. HoP is very good with this the vast majority of the time, but sometimes instances do appear where people forget that.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

This Jaded Flesh
SILVER Member since Oct 2009

This Jaded Flesh

One soul is as good as another...

Total posts: 323
Posted:Originally Posted By: Rouge DragonI think that too often on the internet people forget that there is a real person on the other side of the keyboard. A real person with thoughts, feelings and emotions.

Rouge my dear... what are you talking about? Someone being on the other side of a stupid comment is half the problem. So we either need to take the keyboard away from that problem or the problem away from the keyboard. Simplez! ^^b

"I may lack virtue, but I'm penitent"

Delete

Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:Ok yes, that is a good point tongue2

And I'm completely loving your posts in this thread to keep it all at an appropriate level of insane smile

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:I do try ^^b

Delete

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:Originally Posted By: This Jaded FleshAnd we have a mod that can see no other use for a mature forum other than sex and swearing... Such sadness.

Le sigh.

It's all about context.
"Give me a mature section... and I'll show you how to build goodwill!"

Hence my "sex and swearing" comment. Don't read any more than that into it.
Give us some examples of what would go in a mature section and we'll take it from there.

Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNovice^^^
That is an immature assumption considering many issues for debate aren't even PG by nature like abortion, human rights, genocide, doctrine/religion... The list goes on and on... I don't think a sociology class or even what I read for literature in high school can be knocked down to PG by the MPAA standards atleast!

Why should "abortion, human rights, genocide, doctrine/religion" not be discussed in a PG forum? What age limit are you intending to use here? Over 18? Because under 18s don't need to know about abortion? Or they don't get to discuss human rights or political matters?
Over 16?
How is this enforced anyway?
I can't think of any topics that can't be discussed on the HoP boards (without stretching into bad taste) if people use language properly.
Doesn't PG mean "General viewing but some scenes may be unsuitable for young children"?

Anyway, you're all having far too much fun up there on your soap boxes and high horses, so do carry on wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:Yep, I think it's time to start testing boundaries.

Delete

EpitomeOfNovice
GOLD Member since Sep 2009

EpitomeOfNovice

Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981

Total posts: 787
Posted:Well I'm glad you asked that Durbs and I'd be most happy to answer! yes

I used those topics as examples because conversations debating the facts often go to the realm where the 4 rules of the FAQ do not meld together as they are supposed to and people get extremely defensive and offended because of their stance regardless of how civil and politically correct the opposition may be. I've noticed like some others have said there are many overly sensitive people who react to a debate as though someone took a swing at them and the issues I listed as examples tend to bring forth challenging of beliefs and stances which does surpass the "PG" level and historically tears people apart.

I'm only advocating a bit more open-mindedness and patience with people working out disputes. On the thread that was deleted Woodland Apple and myself had a pretty firey looking debate going on only because of the American stereotype that he has learned and my stating facts about what I see everyday in the lives of the average American for my area. Without people talking about things from experience and working out misunderstandings there is no community or moving forward, but it seems regardless of how socially conscious we tried to be several notifications were sent on a thread where it wasn't warranted. People do come on here are argue without facts or truth which is requirement #1 and ignorance is normally quite offensive, but when the truth is told it's considered offensive no matter how it is stated. That is baffling to me.

The Haiti thread was one of the most civil threads that turned productive with strong stances I have seen since being on here, but somehow it was on a watch list because of people who are IMO way too easily offended or who lack just cause to start a serious inquiry about infractions. So I wouldn't call it so much of being on "my high horse" but more of a plea for common sense and freedom of speech with clear guidelines so this little snafu doesn't happen again.

I'm also waiting for my PM to be replied to from the person who requested it and makes my HoP life a living hell, but somehow it's wrong for me to call out her post let alone that the post came from a person who could be incorrect. Not her, but her posts that are a representation of her. She has made remarks on this thread that I could notify as "fighting words" and "startin' shiznit", but somehow it's okay for some to speak in an antagonistic manner and not others regardless of how they word themselves to keep it to the point. Asking me to build a friendship with someone who thinks they are better than me and treats me like a 2nd class citizen or scapegoat is just wrong so why isn't she disciplined? This is just an example of the flaw in the system and things that slide by due to seeming popularity.

Without clear guidelines that are reasonable people's toes will be stepped on while others seemingly get favoritism. I don't believe in radical extremism, but it exists without a fair and balanced look at content explored versus the "rules" and where said content is bound to go.

Did that make sense, I hope it did because very few people around here get the point of what I'm saying and take it in contexts I did not intend. Mistakes happen and that's cool, but they do start drama at times and you can only expect so much from the empathic lacking medium of text and emoticons.

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Delete

Pyrolific
BRONZE Member since Jan 2001

Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium

Total posts: 3289
Posted:three quick points.

1) A few years ago on this board people did manage to stick to the supposedly 'impossible to reconcile' posting guidelines, people who have been on the boards for a few years or more would hopefully remember that. I know that some of the people who are posting on this thread have in the past been both supported by these guidelines, and occasionally had a rap on the knuckles in settling disputes around their interpretation. If you want to make the argument that the web is more antagonistic than it used to be and so the posting guides are out-moded - go for it smile

2) Please everyone don't get your knickers in a knot over the Haiti thread deletion, it was an honest mistake, there is no conspiracy to gag the board. Speaking for myself only, I can say that I was enjoying the honest and thorough debate - its why we established the social discussion forum in the first place.

3) All topics are up for discussion in this forum do a search on most of the above listed topics and you will probably find a thorough discussion on it. I don't think we need a mature forum, as long as the discussions are conducted with tact and diplomacy and don't overtly condone illegal activities and the like (rules you would find on most websites) you will be fine.

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1264634575)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Delete

EpitomeOfNovice

EpitomeOfNovice

Posted:Originally Posted By: Pyrolific
2) Please everyone don't get your knickers in a knot over the Haiti thread deletion, it was an honest mistake, there is no conspiracy to gag the board. Speaking for myself only, I can say that I was enjoying the honest and thorough debate - its why we established the social discussion forum in the first place.

I appreciate this very much, I hope the post in particular that I notified on that thread did come to your attention as it was out of line, but might I ask how the debate was interpreted as "heated" and "being monitored" as was described by Durbs?

I thought a ton of progress and good use of debate was on the thread, but alas it's gone so time for other things. I just think that many things get screwed up when posts are typed because of the medium so slackness and forgiveness by mods is crucial, if it's an honest mistake surely you can see how that could look like a conspiracy.

It's all good and technically I'm still a newb here so please be patient. Such insanity doesn't happen where I mod on another board. nana (just kidding, but the rules said I had to put some emoticon there if there's a possibility of something sounding like a slam or a silly poke or something... wow this is complicated! laugh3 )

EDITED_BY: EpitomeOfNovice (1264636994)
EDIT_REASON: thought something may be perceived as contoversial so followed FAQ to letter

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

Delete

WoodlandApple
BRONZE Member since Dec 2009

WoodlandApple

addict

Total posts: 474
Posted:Originally Posted By: Pyrolific2) Please everyone don't get your knickers in a knot over the Haiti thread deletion, it was an honest mistake,

actually, I quite like my higher morale ground. Im sitting in between Keith Richards and Mother Teresa.

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:HIV and AIDs anyone? Uganda? Cannibalism, why can't we? Capital punishment, what is so wrong about it? I could take us all on a trip through the wild world of human morality, even further than these topics and fight both sides. Anyone want to come along? ^^b I promise it's a trip you wouldn't forget.

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:Originally Posted By: EoNmy stating facts about what I see everyday in the lives of the average American for my area

would be a good start to back your observations (and statistics) with links.

Originally Posted By: EoNit was on a watch list because of people who are IMO way too easily offended or who lack just cause to start a serious inquiry about infractions

that might be due to the nature of each personality or else to the very the context of (derogatory) vocabulary used.

Originally Posted By: EoNwhy isn't she disciplined?

who tells you that she isn't?

I almost recall the exact wording of your reply to her one line comment and addressed you on it as I found it absolutely unjustified. I would have found your wording a personalized attack - though you seem not ready to understand that. This is not about USsian or Western stereotypes... she did a remark and voiced her (emotional) opinion. And you got all over her like a hungry dog in a candy store.

This is not about favoring one member over the other (due to registration date) - I did take sides with people who were new on the board and whose opinions greatly differed from my own and who even chose to offend me prior - and after.

It is more along the lines: don't charge a member by her/his choice of words or emotional arguments. wink

Sometimes we choose to dislike someone (without ever having seen this person) for very subtle reasons. We're ready to strike every time we even see the avatar in front of a post or reading her/his name. English is not my first language but I reckon it's called "grudge" or at least "retention"... Not that I experienced the same with anyone here whistle but sometimes - when being called on it, it's wise to review one's own post, to rephrase and taking that (personally cutting) edge out of it. wink

And it always helps to do a quick google and back up your claims wink national debt does not equal poverty ... it's often about very unfortunate distribution of resources and wealth only ... wink

Delete

Pyrolific

Posted:Originally Posted By: This Jaded FleshHIV and AIDs anyone? Uganda? Cannibalism, why can't we? Capital punishment, what is so wrong about it? I could take us all on a trip through the wild world of human morality, even further than these topics and fight both sides. Anyone want to come along? ^^b I promise it's a trip you wouldn't forget.

All of these topics are open to debate on this board AFAIK. I wont participate (probably) because I've kinda lost interest in confirming my own beliefs as right, but I will read with great interest! smile

As a quick aside;

I can understand how people might have thought there was a conspiracy to gag the board, but really Durbs was on the money. Normally we wouldnt delete a topic like that, we would move it into quarantine (The recycle bin) where we all would have a look at it and perhaps ask a few people to modify their posts before re-introducing it. I'm sure it was a simple mistake on the part of the mod in question, and they certainly didnt intend for the thread to disappear.

I don't know if a system restore can get back a deleted thread without deleting all the other incremental changes (ie posts) made since then. ie we would lose more than we gain.

Cheers,

--

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:What about incest, patricide/matricide, pedophillia, pros and cons of rape? You know, the last taboos. Can these really be debated openly and still remain PG?

I'd like to get to know what others still find taboo.

Delete

EpitomeOfNovice

EpitomeOfNovice

Posted:Originally Posted By: FireTomthat might be due to the nature of each personality or else to the very the context of (derogatory) vocabulary used.

I think there is a lot more to it than that, but I consider many things that are not "blatantly derogatory" more offensive and demeaning in nature.

Quote:who tells you that she isn't?

I almost recall the exact wording of your reply to her one line comment and addressed you on it as I found it absolutely unjustified. I would have found your wording a personalized attack - though you seem not ready to understand that. This is not about USsian or Western stereotypes... she did a remark and voiced her (emotional) opinion. And you got all over her like a hungry dog in a candy store.

Look, I don't care anymore and trust me you have this all wrong...

Like I said, I would've said it to anyone else who had the ignorance and nerve to say such things. I believe in personal accountability and that she was asking for it. I will say nothing else on the matter as no one sees eye to eye with me on what offenses including premeditated stupidity and just trying to get attention or validation that I consider far worse than someone with the decency and respect to tell me to go *bleep* myself which I would accept with much more kindness because of the honesty and integrity of such open dialogue.

Quote:This is not about favoring one member over the other (due to registration date) - I did take sides with people who were new on the board and whose opinions greatly differed from my own and who even chose to offend me prior - and after.

It is more along the lines: don't charge a member by her/his choice of words or emotional arguments. wink

Then don't blame me for holding them accountable for their negligent vocalizations and having my own opinion!

Quote:Sometimes we choose to dislike someone (without ever having seen this person) for very subtle reasons. We're ready to strike every time we even see the avatar in front of a post or reading her/his name. English is not my first language but I reckon it's called "grudge" or at least "retention"... Not that I experienced the same with anyone here whistle but sometimes - when being called on it, it's wise to review one's own post, to rephrase and taking that (personally cutting) edge out of it. wink

Well, no offense Tom, but English is my first language and this is NOT personal and where I come from saying ignorant things can get you beat down or shot. Is that right? No, I think it's horrible! Does it mean people should say what they want and not be held accountable because they carefully formulated how to be passive aggressive? No! I can tell you that I'm a very nice and very tolerant person, but there are people who ask for criticism and not being honest and telling them the straight dope is more of a disservice because they are unable to take criticism and they think whatever they do is just fine. Balance, my dear, balance wink

Do you really think knowing people face to face makes it better always or changes things? I think it can go either way, but from what I can tell so far I'd rather not have that to deal with.

Quote:And it always helps to do a quick google and back up your claims wink national debt does not equal poverty ... it's often about very unfortunate distribution of resources and wealth only ... wink

Tell me how I go about googling the forgotten and those hiding from the census and trying to be under the radar to not worsen their lives. You cannot google everything. If I'm an eye witness that is what it is, take it or leave it.

These sources are not updated quickly enough nor are the appropriate parties even polled here. Also note the United States is 50 states so looking at something on a federal level is absurd anyway. Google and such things are why people are getting stupider and more naive. They think they can just point and click their way through exams and be the expert of everything. I don't encourage this practice as many web pages like Wikipedia are a bunch of BS written by whoever.*shrugs*

I hope you aren't offended or this is wrong for me to say, but my integrity and values aren't worth such sacrifice and scrutiny. Unless people have a moderate/open/centric approach and address me without these unfounded assumptions and with enough respect that I can point out what individually irritates me that may not be so conventional (or should I say covered under the usual playbook), I'm not an individual, just an outsider with no allies all over a big miscommunication and the inability to relate to how I think. I'm not the only one in the world who thinks like I do, so I may be the minority here but it doesn't mean that your accusations or values or anything else are any better or worse than mine.

They are just different and that's cool with me, if this is how it is I'll go back to places online where I can be myself and not have all of this militant liberalism imposed on me.*shrugs* Not worth wasting my real life our over that I could be doing much more productive things and less stressful. I have my own definitions of what I respect, despise, is offensive, and compassionate. It just doesn't match up with anyone else's so it is what it is.

Peace out!

~Rock on!~

Delete

Pyrolific

Posted:Originally Posted By: This Jaded FleshWhat about incest, patricide/matricide, pedophillia, pros and cons of rape? You know, the last taboos. Can these really be debated openly and still remain PG?

mmm - I'm not sure whether the things you mentioned are particularly debate-able, eg I dont know if you can honestly make a logical argument with some kind of evidence backing up a pro-rape stance. I mean you could go on some kind of misogynistic tirade - but it wouldn't count as a debate I don't think. Such a tirade would probably not fit within the guidelines. However if you wanted to discuss a particular case that might have appeared in the local news (We have had a contentious example in my city at the moment) then that would probably be ok, as long as it wasn't unnecessarily graphic.

I guess you could try to raise a pro-paedophilia argument, but again, I don't know how you could honestly argue it?

--

Delete

Pyrolific

Posted:FireTom, EoN - if you have a problem with someone or something, notify the mods. It can't help to dredge up and discuss your interpretation of comments now unavailable that were about another board member anyhow.

--

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:Originally Posted By: PyrolificOriginally Posted By: This Jaded FleshWhat about incest, patricide/matricide, pedophillia, pros and cons of rape? You know, the last taboos. Can these really be debated openly and still remain PG?

mmm - I'm not sure whether the things you mentioned are particularly debate-able, eg I dont know if you can honestly make a logical argument with some kind of evidence backing up a pro-rape stance. I mean you could go on some kind of misogynistic tirade - but it wouldn't count as a debate I don't think. Such a tirade would probably not fit within the guidelines. However if you wanted to discuss a particular case that might have appeared in the local news (We have had a contentious example in my city at the moment) then that would probably be ok, as long as it wasn't unnecessarily graphic.

I guess you could try to raise a pro-paedophilia argument, but again, I don't know how you could honestly argue it?

Anything can be debated when it comes to human vs animal vs law. Also purely on the challenging of the standard of morals we as a people just accept as normal because we just don't like to discuss such things but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be talked about. If anything it's even more important for us to reflect upon the subject matter because it's these morals that we found our lives around. It's what makes us people. Using articles in a news paper can detract from and limit the argument unless you use them as reference to a certain point of the debate. All these topics are very debatable. I've seen them come up on boards across the net and they always get very heated so I don't need you to tell me they can't be argued either for and against.

This whole thing is about the limitations the PG status of the board has. I understand HoP needs a safety net for many reasons but that doesn't mean you can't cater to the people that post here. In all seriousness who still comes here just for the Poi? I for one come here for the crack. I've already mentioned to Durbs how you could enforce a mature section, that being via purchase details. A privilege to buyers at HoP. There will always be an exception with people falling through the net you can't help it, but it wouldn't take much to cover HoPs asses regarding the law, you're doing it with teh PG status ^^ And considering the few regular posters that are still here after all these years are totally for it I can't see what the issue is. Once you have it set up there is nothing for you to do. A mature section needs no serious modding or is that where the problem is?

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:Originally Posted By: PyrolificFireTom, EoN - if you have a problem with someone or something, notify the mods. It can't help to dredge up and discuss your interpretation of comments now unavailable that were about another board member anyhow.

And this is part of the problem. Noob cakes running to mods every [censored] time they get a bitch slap. With a playground thread in the mature section you could just throw them in there and let them hug it out ^^b

EDITED_BY: This Jaded Flesh (1264661176)

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:Josh - usually people well know what they've said in which context and usually people well do know how they feel about each other.

I had no reason to notify a mod every time I see someone bullying another - but if that is what you suggest, I will.

Delete

Stout
SILVER Member since May 2004

Stout

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1872
Posted:Originally Posted By: This Jaded FleshWhat about incest, patricide/matricide, pedophillia, pros and cons of rape? You know, the last taboos. Can these really be debated openly and still remain PG?

Methinks you don't understand what the PG format is all about. It's not related to subject matter, it's about not swearing and not getting graphic when talking about sex and body parts. It's simple really. Any topic can be debated here and if you think you can take a pro incest, patricide/matricide, pedophillia, pro rape stance. give it a go.

For instance would you need to describe pedophile sex acts to make your point ?

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:Even though a PG status can be quite liberal you still have to think of the children that flock about and how the parents would react. So yes it has a lot to do with subject matter you condescending censored. Many parents would be mortified at their children reading about half the subjects that could be brought up. God, I'm mortified that the mods have no regard to content of the board other than swearing and sexual content when it's meant to be a PG forum especially considering the impudent attitudes of this boards inhabitants sometimes would definitely fall into 'mature content'. Seriously, and you're trying to tell me I'm the one with no clue? Get out.

Delete

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:I'm really trying to work out if you're a troll...

Especially given your signature.

With all respect, you're still a newbie here, you've only been here 3 months and yet seem to think you're the voice of the boards. Where are all these people wanting "Mature" section?

Or is it just so you can insult members with relative impunity?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:Originally Posted By: DurbsI'm really trying to work out if you're a troll...

Especially given your signature.

With all respect, you're still a newbie here, you've only been here 3 months and yet seem to think you're the voice of the boards. Where are all these people wanting "Mature" section?

Or is it just so you can insult members with relative impunity?

Oh my shocked ad-hominem! no one has ever tried that one on me before rolleyes and it's abit cheap using my own lines on me, if you had any respect for me you'd try some new material. I should be flattered really no? Imitation and all that jazz? ^^

Explain, how I think I'm the voice of the board. Because I made a suggestion that a mature section would be a good addition? what has age got to do with anything on a board this small? Were you being serious?

And by the way you're reacting I must be doing a good enough job without one huh?

In regards to my sig clap it's taken a while for that joke to catch on.

Btw is this your first mod job? you know it's bad taste to get involved this way. Trying to make me the black sheep of the board tsk tsk I'm hurt. With Pyro baiting on one side and you mincing on the other. Not a good look for HoP I must say. Or is this really just a playground for the ones with banhammers? It's not trolling, it's giving as good as I get ^^b

Delete

Pele
BRONZE Member since Dec 2000

Pele

the henna lady

Total posts: 6193
Posted:TJF~

I think that you've mistaken HoP for your playground. It's not.
If you would like verbal sparring partners, please find them elsewhere. There are many boards that welcome it and I am sure you would find more amusement in them.

We have rules, which you agreed to upon registering. I suggest you reacquaint yourself with them.
http://www.homeofpoi.com/articles/rules.php
br>
Your input is welcome here.
Your attitude is not.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete

brenonfire413
SILVER Member since Dec 2009

brenonfire413

Fire Spinner Exarch

Total posts: 514
Posted:tongue2

http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about687731.html

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:well put, Pele... clap

TJF shocked

Delete

Dom
BRONZE Member since Dec 2001

Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3009
Posted:Its time to put a dampener on this thread.

I know all too well how easy it is to kill a discussion with excess passion and vitriol. Confusing an emotional response for a valid discussion and acting hostile gets us all nowhere. If you start attacking people and become defensive all youre doing is closing yourself to the discussion and preventing other people from communicating with you and all objectivity required for a discussion disappears. The truly educational discussions aren't those with insults, attacks and impudence.

Simply put: Stop arguing, start talking.

Coming onto this forum is like being invited into somebodys house, so act that way. Regardless of what happens on other forums and the roles you play in them, this forum works to its own rules and spirit. So treat the forum and its fellow contributors with the respect deserved.

There are topics we wouldnt want discussed here and there are attitudes we do not feel contribute positively to this community. Thats the way it is and us mods are here to keep the peace as best we can. Why isn't there a mature, no-holds barred section where you can discuss taboos? Simply because we don't want it here in our community.

Simply put: We want everyone to feel welcome and play nice

Delete

WoodlandApple
BRONZE Member since Dec 2009

WoodlandApple

addict

Total posts: 474
Posted:wow, does that make it ALL mods in one page? all talking mod type stuff. ANd the topic isnt banned yet?

well done TJF, nice troll. very crude and blunt but good work

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

Delete

brenonfire413
SILVER Member since Dec 2009

brenonfire413

Fire Spinner Exarch

Total posts: 514
Posted:I can't begin to calculate the amount of popcorn I've eaten since watching this thread! tongue2

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

Delete

Page: 1234