Forums > Videos > SICK spinning + SLICK editing = MINDBLOWING

Login/Join to Participate

killerc7stranger
1 post

Posted:
This is a video that I edited together of my buddy John spinning and breathing a few months back. I spin a little myself, but I am a filmmaker at heart. The kinetic nature and beautiful spectacle of poi is something to marvel at, and it more than translates to the medium of film. Truthfully, I spent little time beforehand solidifying a concept...I just knew that John is crazy looking and fire poi + breathing is even crazier, so I wanted to make a vid to reflect that. If anybody could hook me up with some higher ups who might be able to put my editing abilities to more profitable uses, I'm more than open to help. Poi is vastly under-represented and misunderstood in mainstream media, and I totally feel it's worth changing that social stigma. Once more people realize how flippin' awesome looking poi is, how visceral sounding it is to sling fireballs through the air, and ultimately, how amazingly fun it is for both the audience and the performer to experience, poi will EXPLODE. I want to be a part of that wave.

So help me help you! Thanks for watching!

Salem_ArchfiendBRONZE Member
Dirty Raver Pocket Monster
11 posts

Posted:
Nice video, very well put together.
EDITED_BY: Salem_Archfiend (1263871137)

Broken!This somber heart betrays only what it knows. A tragedy if nothing less. It merely scrapes the bones.You fell for kiss and a gentle touch.Now lost and alone...You hold your grudge,Because all you ever wanted You never really wanted that much-Salem

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I like. Especially the shots looking down on the poi and the playing with focal range. I don't see many poi videos that play with that. Also, I like that John actually smiles at/looks at the viewer, which is something you'd demand at a live show and I think tends to be overlooked on video.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Wow, very nifty video.

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
great editing, and you filmed very well too. My problem with videos is that often i can just put my camera on the floor, and my camera sucks too! Is just a 100 euros camera bought last year, and general quality is low. I hope to find someone with your talent for filming and editing one of these days! And, of course, i'm agree with you, poi will EXPLODE! (i think they are doing actually yet! ;-) )

bubblebongBRONZE Member
Reincarnated Woodelf
17 posts

Posted:
Whoa! Didnt see many spinning videos yet but this one is for sure the nicest one I've seen so far. I believe that difficult tricks arent as important as good editing and music support, which, in this case, are top.

ty

Aliens abducted me! They made me wear a funny hat.

FlambalOlekstranger
14 posts

Posted:
great work!!!

I made some fire promo vids myself... (flambal-olek.com) BUT! you´r the king!!! very impressive technique and art - would be glad to see more of your vids! if you like, i´d be honored if you sent me a mail :-)

wish you all the best
veit

Enjoy :-) Flambal Olek Feuershow

WyattDavisSpinsGOLD Member
WYATTSPINSPOI
69 posts

Posted:
that video is sweet.. i love the edit everything goes together real nice .

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
So I showed a friend of mine this video. He knows edIt, who wrote that glitch track, and passed the link along to him.
Maybe it will help you get a little more recognition for the video.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
When I see the Glitch Mob in June I'll try to yell over the crowd to check that edIT's seen it tongue2

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Very well edited. smile

Keep going!

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sister ElevenWhen I see the Glitch Mob in June I'll try to yell over the crowd to check that edIT's seen it tongue2

Cool, maybe you'll get a chance to talk with him. Seems like a pretty cool guy, haven't talked to him much myself though.
Think Glitch Mob is in Dallas next month sometime, there's still no tickets on sale yet though so I don't even know if I can go or not frown

kl0ckstranger
5 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,

Hopefully charles and I will be making version 2 here this july.

I am thinking a glow/fire fusion this time around.

Seamless integration of both light and fire coming together in a strange and interesting way. I will keep you all posted on how things go.

ecaBRONZE Member
197 posts

Posted:
Beautiful video. Thank you for sharing. If I ever feel I have the skill (and if I've got the money) I'll send you a message about perhaps shooting one of me.

"Think of the pussy, Weevil."
"What's a pussy-weevil?"