Forums > Social Chat > Spinning for a friend's wedding

Login/Join to Participate

kikiasaumiBRONZE Member
I know where you spin
15 posts

Posted:
Well it's not definate yet, since I told her it depended on whether or not I'm feel I'm good enough to put on a performance.

but I bought tail poi and was using them on my off time at work, she works with me, so when she saw me, she watched for a bit, and we started talking about it. She thought it was like the coolest thing, so she asked if I would want to spin at her wedding reception, that's gonne be outside at night, and I would be spinning under uv lights, which just makes it easier for me, since under uv, that tails look awesome, and being my first performance, the fact that I'm sort of hidden in the blackness will help my mentality XD

So anyways, I have like 6 months, and I could always just let her know I'm not comfortable if it comes to that, but do you think a beginner can get good enough in six months to perform in front of a group?

kikiasaumiBRONZE Member
I know where you spin
15 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: This Jaded FleshTotally. Don't worry about your skill you'll have loads down by that time. This thread should be about what you are going to wear ^^b Since UV light maybe invest in the UV body paint?

hehe, thanks.

and yus! body paint for the win! n .n

Her theme is enchanted wedding, with the colors white blue and purple, so I was thinking I pick up a pair of tial poi that have any of those colors that react to uv light, it would look awesome, and as for body paint I wanted to do something fairy like. though I'm not sure yet how I'll achieve that loook :3

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
Ooo very Unseelie Court. I like that one. Just remember stop listen to the music
Feel the beat it will show in your performance.
If you don’t like the track just walk away.

AS for the paint If you know someone arty get them to do it for you.
I’m picturing more of a battle glamour than anything else. A bit like woding

https://www.3wishesfaeryfest.co.uk/

I should be there.

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
Woading even.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
and remember, at least 99% of them at the wedding dont spin, so they have no idea what yer doing except "Wow! Look at that!"

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

kikiasaumiBRONZE Member
I know where you spin
15 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: FelexOoo very Unseelie Court. I like that one. Just remember stop listen to the music
Feel the beat it will show in your performance.
If you don’t like the track just walk away.

AS for the paint If you know someone arty get them to do it for you.
I’m picturing more of a battle glamour than anything else. A bit like woding

https://www.3wishesfaeryfest.co.uk/

I should be there.

Ah I get what you mean, yeah that would be awsome. now that I'm looking at it n .n

I actually go to college for art, so there are always people who can paint, or are in performance arts, who do face painting and stuff who are willing to do that sort of stuff.

Thanks so much for the ideas!:D

kikiasaumiBRONZE Member
I know where you spin
15 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Pojeand remember, at least 99% of them at the wedding dont spin, so they have no idea what yer doing except "Wow! Look at that!"

rofl so true XD

and the very first time I did any trick in front of people was for a presentation I did for an art class, and I bonked myself on the head while all 40 of them watched me. And I recovered nicely from that, so I'm sure I'll be able to get over the anxiety once I get up and start grin