Forums > Help! > Spiral wrap with kerosene?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Is it safe for me to do a spiral wrap with K-1 kerosene without a kevlar sheath covering the metal parts at the end, I'm more concerned with doing one while whirling and do it above my head.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

2,280 posts

Posted:
i'm just going to add on here, I LOOOVE that picture grin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Fine_Rabid_DogI haven't read the PDF 'cos Adobe PDF Reader and I hate each other.

https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

smile

I hate Acrobat too.

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitLol, I actually haver the same thing but with double loops, I'm kinda thinkin next pair I get I want single loops

I made the switch and prefer it's grip versatility and easy releaseyes

Whoever suggested Citronella make sure you have no chance of an asthma attack if you try it, that stuff is know to trigger them! I found something really great to try next though have a look see...

https://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(jcmnebvhz2p21t55ksonl345)/productDetails.aspx?SKU=998005823

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

forrestfireSILVER Member
lonely spinner
67 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitI bet it's more expensive too laugh3

If it has a longer life, it would be good for special shows where you plan a long performance ubbidea

I also learned burn time is highly affected by moved that quickly change the momentum of the poi heads (orbitals, wraps, but mostly orbitals) because it sprays fuel off smirk I saw it for the first time yesterday when someone saw my pants were getting wet, so I thought a little did another orbital and saw fuel coming off. I personally thought it was awesome and saw that I should never do one with lighter fluid rolleyes

surprisingly its EXTREMELY CHEEP!

it was $3.50 for a gallon. The only problem (like EoN said) is that if anyone is allergic to perfumes or is asmatic they are censored. it was a great first burn all in all. I did not do a spiral wrap with it this time but i did do wall flowers (which for me to do i had to shorten my poi a drastic amount. And another problem is that it takes FOREVER to light. like i had the single lit poi touching the other one for a decent amount of time and it did not light. At all. I had to hold it there for a while as shown.

here's the video if you wanna see it.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: UnscrupulousChavOffersFootOriginally Posted By: Fine_Rabid_DogI haven't read the PDF 'cos Adobe PDF Reader and I hate each other.

https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

smile

I hate Acrobat too.

Yeah, thats the link I meant to use, rather than a second link to the MSDS info.. blush

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

2,280 posts

Posted:
That was awesome. And btw that had same burn time as kerosene, and it's a little more expensive. Kerosene is about $2.70 per gallon. As for me I am asthmatic so it probably wouldn't be too good anyways.

forrestfireSILVER Member
lonely spinner
67 posts

Posted:
ok. but it also gives it a brighter flame. lol. We all have preferences. lol.

2,280 posts

Posted:
You have a ton of hair man, looks like mine before I cut it.

Except mine was black, man I started to hate that hair

forrestfireSILVER Member
lonely spinner
67 posts

Posted:
yea. its longer than my moms.

2,280 posts

Posted:
My mom has short hair, and I need a haircut, it's been a couple months smirk

Also:
tongue2 ubbrollsmile tongue2 CONGRADULATIONS! YOU ARE THE 100TH REPLY tongue2 ubbrollsmile tongue2

forrestfireSILVER Member
lonely spinner
67 posts

Posted:
it has been a couple years for me. about one and a half maybe.

Zach_BGOLD Member
Flowing gently, Hands and Poi are One
9 posts

Posted:
It really depends on the situation that you want to do wraps with your fire poi. Kerosene burns at a fairly low temperature, especially in comparison to alot of the different fuels that people use. Just last night at a photo shoot I did a few hand wraps and the chains weren't really even warm, though i was also in some pretty cold weather. It boils down to using good judgement when playing with fire, and knowing your equipment.

Our view of the world is defined by our Perception of it. How do you Perceive it?

2,280 posts

Posted:
Finally did it grin Also did a continuous spiral, that got some good reactions yes

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitFinally did it grin Also did a continuous spiral, that got some good reactions yes

One of those reactions was from my sweetie in the form of a "WTF??" tongue2 I can chain together spiral wraps, but not at that kind of speed. Good job!

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

2,280 posts

Posted:
Oh did you see my video already? I haven't even gotten to do annotations yet tongue2

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Yup, I decided to see if it was on YouTube yet when you mentioned it over in Social Chat.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

2,280 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I finally got it on Facebook after many failed attempts.

iSp1nF1reBRONZE Member
Alcoholic FlowMaster
17 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

sorry they came out giant, im in a rush

sorry im uber late and dont have a current photo but this is a couple days after i tried two normal spirals in a row. NOT an infinite spiral. kept in mind they were at one point all blisters. but at least i wasnt wearing gloves that would have melted to my skin. also keep in mind that im kind of a pain junkie, NOT a cutter but for some reason i think scars are cool and would rather get burnt than wear gloves

Liquid and Fire is a beautifully breathtaking combination

Page: