Forums > Videos > A beautiful day for fire...2

Login/Join to Participate

A=PoiRsQuaredSILVER Member
I thunk, their four I is.
28 posts

Posted:
I made a new day fire video because it was finally nice and warm outside.

Also check out A beautiful day for fire 1, which I made in March of 2009
That way you can see my progression in the last 9 months.

Life is Good

Salem_ArchfiendBRONZE Member
Dirty Raver Pocket Monster
11 posts

Posted:
Nice editing, I like the reverse thing

I'll offer a little friendly advise
FLARE!! <--- Not enough
Expressive movement and emotion.

I like the moves and respect the skill, but its a performance art. So preform.

Everyone has there own unique style and what not, but I'm not seeing as much personality in your moves, they look kinda "text book".

So remember Two things:
1. What are you trying to express in your show and how do you plan on making your audience "feel" it.
2. There is no reason at all why you should listen to a word I say. Do what ever makes you happy and do it how you feel comfortable. After all I'm just some random HoP member. Nothing makes anyone qualified enough to tell you how to put on YOUR show.

Again I mean no offense. The show was great and your skills are honed. I especially liked the music switch up. Around 5:30 in the second video: a little expressive movement and some great technical stuff. at the end of the video I noticed you loosen up and move the way I talked about a little( Till you dropped it).

All togeather a wounderfull show. 7 out of 10

Keep it up

Broken!This somber heart betrays only what it knows. A tragedy if nothing less. It merely scrapes the bones.You fell for kiss and a gentle touch.Now lost and alone...You hold your grudge,Because all you ever wanted You never really wanted that much-Salem

A=PoiRsQuaredSILVER Member
I thunk, their four I is.
28 posts

Posted:
Thank you for the advice!! Could you be more specific on how I can add dance and emotion to my spinning? I try to but it is obvious;y not coming out fully...

Life is Good

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: A=PoiRsQuaredThank you for the advice!! Could you be more specific on how I can add dance and emotion to my spinning? I try to but it is obvious;y not coming out fully...

I have that problem, too. I end up looking too much like I'm moving around my spinning, and not enough like the poi are following my dance. (Of course, I've never even attempted dancing except with poi, so what would one expect?)

Some things I notice:

There aren't really any pauses or conspicuous changes in rhythm. It's kinda the same pace all the way through. For the most part, your spinning stays largely abdomen level, and you stay pretty much standing the whole time. Some variation in various spatial dimensions is good. Things that were a good start is you did lots of timing and you didn't stay glued to one spot. There are probably a few other things that make for a good performance that I didn't notice you not doing because I don't know what they are tongue2 There are other things that make for a good performance that I didn't notice you not doing because you were doing them. This may be one of the least informative bulleted lists on the site. Further, I'm more or less reciting what I remember my dancer friend telling me, so I'm absolutely incapable of elaborating on any of this.
Hope that helps tongue2

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s