Forums > Social Chat > Shout it from the rooftops

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
If there is anything you want to shout from the rooftops but dont have a ladder, then this is for YOU! (plus it is a lot safer than climbing on top of a building)

WoodlandAppleBRONZE Member
addict
474 posts

Posted:
hey; I use those bottles for my homebrew!

and Rouge; yes that does constitute tied up - to be sure you'd best repeat that said L word every hour on the hour for a week.

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Not in the bottle, but mixed by myself grin

How does no one over here know about these except for me, and some of my friends now?

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
because american beer is basically water anyway, if you mix in some lemonade it becomes legal for children to purchase tongue2 j/k

barefoot radler has a different taste to shandy, but i'd say they're equally nice.

arent they a bit small for home brew? i used long necks grin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

addict
474 posts

Posted:
^^yeah, its frustrating having to wash them frown but we were given a whole heap of them. We have enough for 1 brew in long necks, 2 brews in barefoots, two in carlton draughts, 1 in coopers and we also have two keg setups.

We have 7 fermenting barrels lined up; its a community project.

2,280 posts

Posted:
^^nice

MrM: After being in Germany, I say I actually have to agree that most American beer is water and/or censored-tasting. I'm actually still looking for an actually "good" American beer. I had a good one that someone brought once, I think it was called Blue Ribbon or something.

They even had a ton of American beer jokes, one translates to, "What is the same between American beer and sex on a boat? They're both damn near water!" It sounds better in German of course tongue2 but then you wouldn't understand it, plus I can't remember it right now, I just remember what it means.

addict
474 posts

Posted:
the joke has a swear word in it, they are both censored close to water!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Sadly I can't repeat on the hour every hour for a week...he's back to work and I won't see him for 3 weeks frown

I think the Barefoot Radlers taste like Corona shandy...I think. I don't really drink girly beers so I don't know tongue2

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
Haven really drunk beer. Vodka, Rum, whiskey, And wine, yes.

SoD: True. Your lucky though. I've gotta be careful about spinning around where I live. I live in a wealthier suburb of Kansas City where if you have slightly more than a firepit fire, rich, stuck up, annoying bastards ruin all of your fun. That and the rents are pretty strict about my fire spinning as long as I'm under 18. After that I'm FREEEEEE! But yes, spinning for an audience or for a party is much more fun. I only warn against parties cuz I've had a few friends get caught up in the party scene then get censored in the @$$ when they least expect it (figuratively of course)

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

WoodsyBRONZE Member
Spanking you kindly.
156 posts

Posted:
Im a cheap drunk >.<
I had a few drinks with my mates last night at what was suppose to be a comedy movie night, but turned out to be a night of drinking and laughter >.<

Woodsy:Down with the sound, and the people will all yell: "POWER IS MEASURED IN, DECIBEL".
Poje: not Joules?
Woodsy: No...Never grin

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
rude of me i must say, i've never actually tried any american beer tongue2 closest i have is carona, which im not a fan of (unless its free :D).

Originally Posted By: woodlandapple^^yeah, its frustrating having to wash them but we were given a whole heap of them. We have enough for 1 brew in long necks, 2 brews in barefoots, two in carlton draughts, 1 in coopers and we also have two keg setups.

We have 7 fermenting barrels lined up; its a community project.

until you said it was a community project, i was going to say thats one friggin HA-UGE party! my gfs family has a few hundred longnecks in crates so i had no problem getting enough, but you're right bottle washing sucks

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I've tried commercial American beer and found it to be horrible. But given that the exported Aussie beers are el crappo, yet our local micro-brewery beers are fantastic, I figure that the US could be saved by their non-exported micro-brewery brews. I can't wait to tuck in!!!

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
i have been sat in the library for 3 hours another 2 to go!

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

addict
474 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Rouge DragonI've tried commercial American beer and found it to be horrible. But given that the exported Aussie beers are el crappo, yet our local micro-brewery beers are fantastic, I figure that the US could be saved by their non-exported micro-brewery brews. I can't wait to tuck in!!!

to be fair, Victorian Beer is also crap - and what exported aussie beer are you talking about?

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
You have plenty of 'fake' export beer- stuff with

Real Aussie beer!!!

Made in the UK from European ingredients..

Written on it, but I don't recall finding much actual export around.
We've had VB show up at occasional specialty beer shops, but that's about it.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

2,280 posts

Posted:
There really isn't much microbrewery's goin on here. Maybe if I were to move farther from Detroit smirk

addict
474 posts

Posted:
yeah, when I went overseas I found the same; 'aussie' beers where not really aussie beers. And VB is horrible - like I said Victoria beers are crap.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: WoodlandAppleto be fair, Victorian Beer is also crap - and what exported aussie beer are you talking about?

Nope, it's not. Same principle applies.

VB is cat's piss, but check out the microbreweries in Victoria and you'll find some wonderful ones.

Likewise, XXXX is a complete and utter waste of the name "beer" (hence why they just use Xs on the label) but I'm sure QLD has some nice microbrews going on (I just haven't visited any of them).

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitThere really isn't much microbrewery's goin on here. Maybe if I were to move farther from Detroit smirk

Microbreweries in Detroit

Microbreweries in MI
EDITED_BY: Rouge Dragon (1264031573)
EDIT_REASON: links didn't work

WyattDavisSpinsGOLD Member
WYATTSPINSPOI
69 posts

Posted:
UTAH BEER IS 3.2 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!

2,280 posts

Posted:
Mmm, gonna have to find out where to buy it grin Cause my local dept. store sure as hell doesn't have it. But they do have Budweiser, Millers, blah blah blah...

WAIT!!! There's a drinks store a way off that has like every drink known to man o0 I would bet my left leg they have those micros over there. As they also have my favorite German beer/favorite drink of all time, Schneiderweisse. It is to DIE FOR! It's $3.50 a bottle though smirk Sometime though, I think I'll have to try "Arrogant Bastard Ale" grin

I have no idea how that place slipped my mind crazy

addict
474 posts

Posted:
hey SoD, your not 21, its illegal for you to drink. Rouge dont encourage his irrisponsible behaivour.

2,280 posts

Posted:
So, like it stops me and every other person that attends highschool tongue2

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Micro brewery beer isn't drunk to get blotto. It's drunk for appreciation of taste.

And I believe that if alcohol wasn't put on such a damn pedestal then that would help significantly with alcohol-related issues, especially in young people. Teach them how to use alcohol properly and not treat it like some flashy thing that's just out of their reach. Give them a beer with dinner, or around the BBQ in a controlled environment. Don't wait for them to abuse it because it's been something denied to them and they don't know how to use it properly.

"Don't push the red alcohol-shaped button!!" Of course they're going to damn well push the button!

soapbox

addict
474 posts

Posted:
ah, I see. So if you think its ok; then encouraging people to break the law is acceptable.

Hey kiddies, today we are going to steal, but its alright because its under the supervision of mature adults and it will be after all, only one item each. This will teach you the value of stealing in moderation for when you get older and you can become a lawyer or investment banker and steal in much larger amounts.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
woodlandapple, sometimes i just wish HoP had a 'like' button like facebook tongue2

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
wonders if this one is the firebreathing thread, or... umm

and looks for the unfriend button wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
Have to say I agree with Rouge when it comes to alcohol.
Although if I had a kid and I caught them drinking larger I would have to kill them. Its real Ales you want.

My shout?

Got very drunk last night!

addict
474 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: FireTomwonders if this one is the firebreathing thread, or... umm and looks for the unfriend button wink

you can find it in the remove the toggle topic tongue2

oh, and just so you know; everytime you feed alcohol to minors, a puppy dies. Do you want that resting on your shoulders? well, do you?

addict
474 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Felex
Although if I had a kid and I caught them drinking larger I would have to kill them. Its real Ales you want.

My little brother drinks Corona's. Im sooo embarrased redfaceI would just like to say that any drink you have to put fruit in is a girls drink. I intend to teach him better while Im staying at my folks.

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
I’m so sorry. Have you thought about shock treatment? wonder

Now off to work for me.

Page: ......