Forums > Meet Others > Mr is running around western europe, ireland and uk in 2010!!!!

Login/Join to Participate

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
ok SO!

im leaving this friday and this is the basic itinerary:

Jan 27 - Rome
Feb 18 - Lugano & Lucerne
Mar 1 - berlin
Mar 4 - Ireland
Mar 31 - manchester
Apr 7 - BJC !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 11 - hull/leeds/liverpool ish
Apr 15 - paris
Apr 19 - spain camino
May 22 - unplanned
Jul 12 - london to fly home

anyone have any thoughts about anything, seeing me or things i should see, make a suggestion!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Ahh... you'll be here over St Patrick's day... good to know smile

Hope to meet you somewhere...

Clare

Getting to the other side smile

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Bristol's always nice smile

What sort of things're you interested in?

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
You'll be round near me for a bit! Hopefully meet you at the BJC and we might even get time for a spin if I'm not too rushed (wishful thinking!). A burn in hyde park while you're in Leeds is always fun smile

And yep, you should get down to Bristol, lovely peeps in that city.

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
yep spending a while hopefully seeing a lot of ireland, my gfs mum is irish so theres heaps of family we need to visit smile

at the moment we'll only be in the UK for about three weeks focused around the area of the bjc (gf has family & friends in stokeontrent and hull), but its likely we'll be coming back in the last two (so far unplanned) months of the holiday as we eventually have to leave from heathrow anyway. bristol is a possibility as i'd love to take my gf to bath, i've been there before and im sure she'd really really like it.

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
If you're in liverpool at any time, let us know! Failing that, i'm sure a Manchester meet could be arranged in your honour!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: the_mods_stole_my_nameIf you're in liverpool at any time, let us know! Failing that, i'm sure a Manchester meet could be arranged in your honour!

15 april we fly out of liverpool smile probably only spending one afternoon or night there though.

1,286 posts

Posted:
So you'll be in liverpool on the 14th? Do you have a place to stay lined up or anybody to meet? The 14th is a wednesday, which is when the juggling club is on in liverpool city centre, so you could pop along and meet some of the spinners there.

O.B.E.S.E.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
sounds great! we're flying out of australia in just over five hours! we do know some people in leeds but we havent contacted them yet and we're not sure if staying there would give us enough time to get to our flight. a fun little jam sounds pretty good. are you also heading to the BJC?

1,286 posts

Posted:
What time is your flight out of Liverpool John Lennon?

If you wanted, I could probably take you to the juggling club, give you somewhere to stay (15 mins from airport) and even give you a ride to the airport on the day. Just let me know so I can get it organised!

O.B.E.S.E.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
May might see a small event in Cambridge - keep an eye out for 'poi in the punt'

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I'm looking for staff/crew for Southern Lights June 11-13th
You could see a load of people, have fun and earn some cash if you get the job... Just so you know the decisions down to me wink I have been known to be bribed, coerced or even flattered to get a position laugh3
Drop me a PM with your E-mail if you're interested. And if you're not you should definately buy a ticket as it'll be good fun. hug
Down in the south though right by the sea so you'd have to get there.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mr Majestikok SO!

im leaving this friday and this is the basic itinerary:

Jan 27 - Rome
Feb 18 - Lugano & Lucerne
Mar 1 - berlin
Mar 4 - Ireland
Mar 31 - manchester
Apr 7 - BJC !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 11 - hull/leeds/liverpool ish
Apr 15 - paris
Apr 19 - spain camino
May 22 - unplanned
Jul 12 - london to fly home

anyone have any thoughts about anything, seeing me or things i should see, make a suggestion!

You're a mad cookie... it's frickin freezing in Europe devil 3 days for Berlin only? 4 days Paris?

ts

hug errm shrug that's almost funny laugh3

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: TMSM What time is your flight out of Liverpool John Lennon?

thurs 15th april 1855pm, that sounds really awesome! we may have to visit my girlfriends godbrother in leeds so depending on those circumstances we can see what can be arranged smile

Originally Posted By: mynciI'm looking for staff/crew for Southern Lights June 11-13th...

definately sounds interesting, but as stated we havent really planned that far ahead and could be costly just getting to dorset and leaving again! would you have a round about reply date for certainty? wouldnt want to leave it too late! also i am pro at working at festivals, i've worked at the falls festival in tassie (annual music fest for 15000) since 2003 doing various things grin definately considering your suggestion.

Originally Posted By: firetomYou're a mad cookie... it's frickin freezing in Europe 3 days for Berlin only? 4 days Paris? atm its looking more like a week in berlin, not sure about paris, most dates are subject to change. atm we're in venice and probably looking at a couple nights in munich before reaching berlin. the fire show for carnivale was by a french group called la salamander, was a little disappointing as there was no spinning, but i think that was because they were on a runway surrounded by the crowd. pesky event organisers making dumb stages frown

and the weather? i know! havent used my thermals yet but im sure to be pulling them out in a few days! switzerland in two days.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
SL crew applications close 14th april. Application is simple word or text doc that will take about 5 minutes max to complete. Aim is to let successful applicants know within a week of closing. wink
If you're worried about costs down and up check out the Facebook group you may be able to get a lift or car share from somewhere.
FB event page

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

1,286 posts

Posted:
Hey MJK, have you figured out your schedule for your flight out of liverpool yet? Just that I need to know if i should take the time off work or not asap really.

O.B.E.S.E.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
sorry i havent gotten back to you, havent had the net during the BJC until now, and obviously now is too late to be coming. we're staying with my gfs friends/familyish and will be training/busing straight to the airport tomorrow.

thanks for your offer and we really would have liked to accept, it seems we just didnt give ourselves enough time in this part of the world!

so tomorrow is off to paris! then we'll spend about 10 days getting down to spain to start the camino smile anyone who feels like coming along is welcome to quit their job and join us grin

1,286 posts

Posted:
The offer is still there if you need it. If you can get to Liverpool this afternoon/evening, I can probably get tomorrow off work. That way, you could come to the juggling club tonight and meet some of the liverpool spinners and I could maybe show you some of the sights tomorrow before you leave. Call me asap if you decide to come.

O.B.E.S.E.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
with the volcqno it was lucky i didnt end up coming the day before anyway! we held off leaving until flights were cancelled, then got a ferry from hull to belgium instead grin