Forums > Social Chat > My depression is over :D

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
For quite a while now I have been a varying mix of extremely depressed, mad at myself, and very pissy in general. All caused by one person. Especially over break, I'm not afraid to admit for a while, I would lay in bed and just cry for hours. I thought she was avoiding me. But when I went back to school after a forever long feeling break. After saying hi I was walking away, and I overheard her say she was actually waiting for me to ask her out. So the next day (today) before lunch I sucked it up and asked her out. She said yes and I got her number grin grin grin My entire body was shaking after I walked away through lunch and m the rest of my next class. After I did it I just suddenly felt like that 3 year long cloud hanging over me was taken away. So hooray to my first girlfriend, on my Junior year -.-, but still grin
But after all of this, all I want to do is just lay down and think, but, NOOO I have to do an entire government project due tomorrow. Thank you Mr. Woodley and you're ruining me basking in my own newfound happiness.
Oh well, life has censored. On the other hand, first time I wasn't turned down grin hug grin HIGH FIVE ANYONE!?!

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
*high five*

Very glad you're over your slump!

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

2,280 posts

Posted:
I wonder if it will change my style in poi? lol, I'm ont this forum, it had to be asked laugh3
But aside from joking, grin hug Dankeschön hug grin
Unfortunately need to get off again to work on my project due tomorrow, may come on to check every so often though.\
Edit: So anyone have any suggestions on what amendments I should use for it? I have to list 8 amendments that affect my everyday life, after that it's pretty damn easy. So far I have first, right to free speech. You could even just tell me what it does and I'll find which one it is, I have a list of them in front of me.
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1263245595)

Chloe'GOLD Member
enthusiast
324 posts

Posted:
Congrats on the girl! *high fives all around*
As for your government project I have no suggestions... I have yet to take that class lol

Listen to Your heartbeat and dance...

2,280 posts

Posted:
-------------------------------

EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1263327393)
EDIT_REASON: People started mudslinging over it

Baron Von Cheznystranger
3 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitI now feel like one of those guys that would be givin high fives all round as opposed to that quiet guy that only speaks when spoken to directly. Apparently all that confidence and outgoingness has come from merely having a girlfriend you may not know it because you've had one, but oh my lord it is. But I now do have it, something about it just completely changed the way I think. It was like someone hit a switch.
Oh and btw, someone told me during break to just lay in bed, listen to a song that reminded me of her, and just do what I have to. If anyone was wondering, which idk if you are, but some people, mostly people that told me to do that, asked me what it was.
It was "Voices" by Dario G

It helped a little, but now that song makes me happy. Another result of that switch hit. One thing that is kind of odd, but nice for me, all this is happening just after I developed a still growing 6-pack, along with wider shoulders. Which would explain the enourmous amounts of milk passing into me for a couple months now. Like a gallon (3.78L) per 2-3 days.
And I think I have to give myself another mental highfive on Kali because I think I deserve it *highfive* NOT GOOD ENOUGH *highfive, cracked a sound like thunder, hand is now bleeding* NOW THAT'S MORE I LIKE IT!
Edit: Still need amendments!

I dont want to sound like a negative nancy but all you seem to have done so far is to get a girls number. I wouldnt let it go to you;re head just yet,you've still got a fair few hurdles to get past!

Give a man a blanket and you'll keep him warm for a night

Set him on fire and you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life

2,280 posts

Posted:
Good point, but even the thought of it made me better. Besides she's been waiting for me to ask her out. That's a big positive in my head. I'm off for a while now, forums too distracting of project.
Edit: I chose all the amendments, and I'm even using pictures of me with fire to explain how the 7th affects me directly grin And don't even try to br point something out that might even slightly reduce my mood, because it's not gonna work wink
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1263250111)

WoodlandAppleBRONZE Member
addict
474 posts

Posted:
holy crap.

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

forrestfireSILVER Member
lonely spinner
67 posts

Posted:
lol awesome. meh ive have the same girl for the past year and 2 months. i was with her when i first started spinning.

addict
474 posts

Posted:
and all it took was a phone number for you to stop feeling depressed? wink

Hell; you could have got one of those off a bathroom wall. wink

dont you feel a little bit weird that your entire self worth is dictated on whether you are liked by someone or not? wink

but whatever, *High five* maybe tomorrow if your lucky you'll go behind the bike sheds so you can hold hands. I wait breathelessly for your next update; but I'd have to remove the toggle.
wink
EDITED_BY: WoodlandApple (1263305438)
EDIT_REASON: fulfilling requirements of forum rules by adding winking smiley face emoticons

WoodsyBRONZE Member
Spanking you kindly.
156 posts

Posted:
i didnt read all of your first two posts, but reading the majority of your first post: i got the general idea of the rest of it.

Yeah i know that feeling. Both the depression and the feeling you get when someone you love like that says yes to you.

Honestly though, my situation was a mixture of both of those things at once...and have been for 10 months now >__>

So i wont go into personal detail like that, because its just...yeah.

But what i will say is this: Congrats about the (relation?)/friendship with this girl ^__^

Woodsy:Down with the sound, and the people will all yell: "POWER IS MEASURED IN, DECIBEL".
Poje: not Joules?
Woodsy: No...Never grin

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
Feel free to hate me.

I have Bipolar Disorder That’s manic depression to you and me.
From the sounds of it you were never depressed your a teenager with
the hormones surging through your body dictating how you feel,
possibly changing from one moment to the next. Not only that but
your surrounded by people going through the same thing. Then suddenly
its exams when you cant even concentrate on anything other than that
good looking boy, girl, gunny pig whatever. It’s the worst time for
you. I understand that. But please please stop dictating your life
based around if your seeing someone.

addict
474 posts

Posted:
-----------------------------------------------------------
EDITED_BY: WoodlandApple (1263282875)
EDIT_REASON: I dont want to get banned

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: WoodlandApple-----------------------------------------------------------

s' a good reason to edit tongue2

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

2,280 posts

Posted:
Lol, that is be a good reason. Oh well, thanks Woodsy, but I must be goin off now.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Broads' brains work funny.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

WoodsyBRONZE Member
Spanking you kindly.
156 posts

Posted:
Felex:

Im not saying you're wrong with your statement (but on the other hand, im not saying you're right (no offence))

Spinner might have serious depression and anxiety disorders as well, But like you said he might also have a case of teenager syndrome, Meaning he is just raging with hormones and cannot control them. Until he got a psychological exam, you wouldn't really be able to pinpoint exactly what it is.

I myself am depressed sometimes once a week, sometimes once every few hours. But i haven't told my parents anything about it, because i dont think its anything serious that i cant control without the need of medication.

What im trying to say is (and i know its clichè):
Dont judge a book by its cover.

But like i said earlier in this post, you could be right with the teenage hormonal thing. You never know.

Woodsy:Down with the sound, and the people will all yell: "POWER IS MEASURED IN, DECIBEL".

addict
474 posts

Posted:
ohmygod, how did you put the squiggle above the 'e'? Ive been trying to work that out for ages!!!!!!!

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
Good idea.

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Guys, he's barely old enough to drive and doesn't know as much about things as many of us adults. He's emoting and you should accept it for what it is. I don't think he's intentionally being obnoxious and you must remember being 16 right?

I'm not saying to not correct him when it's needed (he responded well to me and will explain himself after getting on my nerves), but cut him some slack and accept the fact that he's a kid with a lot to learn on this vast journey we call "life".

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Boomchickabowowstranger
1 post

Posted:
maybe he should spend less time juggling balls

2,280 posts

Posted:
Woodsey, good point, it may be hormones, it may not be, no way to tell, but if it is, it's not like I can tell them to stop o0
All I care, is I don't feel bad anymore. Personally, I think people are starting to mudsling and I don't want that. I don't need people to keep commenting on this forever about god knows what is coming up. It's just throwing it out there, mainly for a few people in particular that I felt I kind of made a connection with on this forum (EoN would be one of them wink ). If I ever update myself again, I'll probably just message them, because apparently personal things can't go on a forum without people mudslinging over what is or is not actually going on, which is not needed. If it keeps goin like this, I'll probably just report it for mudslinging so it closes -.- please don't make it needed.
Edit: I just noticed the second page, thank you EoN smile And lol on the juggling thing, and btw, I don't just juggle balls, I juggle "balls on strings" wink
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1263328050)
EDIT_REASON: Saw second page

addict
474 posts

Posted:
Dear SoD,

5 suggestions for not making me 'mudsling' over your topics.
I am writing this guide because, as the person that posted the last straw that got your other topic locked; as as the one who has been warned over what I have posted on this one; I am taking the initiative you help you help yourself.

1) You may be 16, and thats cool; Im not asking you to act like a grown up. But you are interacting with adults on this site, so you need to talk to us like we are adults. Not like your 16 year old friends.

2)Think about the appropriateness of your topic titles. Calling a topic "My depression is over" and then talking about it in relation to getting a girls number is just asking for fun to be made about. In fact think over whether it deserves its own thread in the first place. The topic "Shout it from the rooftops" serves this purpose.

3)Understand that, because of your age most people on this site have gone through exactly what you are going through now and have done exactly what you are doing now. So to us, the big deals that keep you up at night are not so big to us. The things you find super important; us not so much. By talking about them like they are only unique to you makes you sound obnoxious.

4) Its not what you post its how you post it.

5) People mudsling on this forum for a reason. Instead of crying about the mudslinging try to work out why. We are attacking what you are saying, we are not attacking you.

2,280 posts

Posted:
Ok, I never actually knew about that shout it from the rooftops thread. That could be a problem right there. But seriously, I've had to go to Phsyciatrists/Phycoligists before, I say ../.. because I've never known the difference. I know one of them I've been for diagnosis of ADHD and another for help.

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
Good for you spinner. I kind of know how that feels. Mine had a different ending though. But high school. Glad you got out on top

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

1,264 posts

Posted:
i mean good for you for being better, not the bad stuff as i look on this thread

WoodsyBRONZE Member
Spanking you kindly.
156 posts

Posted:
woodland:

Go into msn (this is the only program i have tried that it works in), then hit the Ctrl+ ` key, at the same time (the ` key is at the top left of the keyboard, above the TAB button and next to the number 1)

Then you can do any vowel, capital or lower case with that squiggle.

Thë samë goës for thë lëttër: Ë,
Just with the Colon key, instead of the ` key ^_^

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
For f*ck's sake, give the kid a break. Grown up and mature people are able to do something called 'ignoring' without feeling the need to read someone's posts and get annoyed by them anyway. Calling him childish is a bit f*cking hypocritical.

If his posts p!ss you off, don't open his threads. choose the ignore function, and resist the urge to hit the little button that makes his post visible again. Simple as that. Now, stop acting like kids and let people get on with sh!t.

It's the f*cking internet.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
The problems i see....

He said that nothing we can say can bring him down er something like that....never make that assumption on the internet.

You think that if you post personal things on a web forum that everyone is going to care? this is the INTERNET.

This kid has prolly grown up only knowing the internet, how can he be so silly with it?

I don't mean any meanness, but someone mentioned that, as a kid, you don't really know much about what we call life...this is true, but to not know much about the internet and how forums work is nothing but naive.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

2,280 posts

Posted:
I do know one thing that was pointed out to me, I'll admit it, I had no idea about the "Shout it from the Rooftops" thread.

1,264 posts

Posted:
Guys... the point was made... there's no need to keep beating something that's already been hurt. Relax... Just let it fade...

Page: