Forums > Social Chat > My first time spinning

Login/Join to Participate

kikiasaumiBRONZE Member
I know where you spin
15 posts

Posted:
Well I've only been practice spinning for about two weeks now, and already I've spun infront of people, even though i don't know alot of moves.

I know I'm crazy. But I had a presentation to do a for an art class where I was presenting my inspirations and fire spinning was one of them. I wasn't planning on doing any spinning, but I was second in line to go, and and the person before me was finished. I realized as I was getting ready to go up, that my practice poi was in my purse, so I spurr of the moment decided to bring them up with me. I went up and got the part of explaining what fire spinning and poi was, getting the courage up, and then took a deep breath and took out my poi with a simple "I have my own to show you" And I did about 30 seconds of the "chasing the sun" move (in frnt of about 45-50 people), until I wacked myself on the head. Surprisingly enough I was able to easily laugh it off and move on. And I got creds for being the only one to not only bring in props, but be creative and have non drawing/painting/scultpture related props tongue2

over all I'm proud of myself that I got up and did it, so soon after starting ,and I have more confidence to do it enxt time.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
That's awesome, learn the fountain, people love it.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

kikiasaumiBRONZE Member
I know where you spin
15 posts

Posted:
thanks n .n

I'm supposed to be getting my tail poi in a day or so. so I'll be looking into learning more moves then, since my practice poi inevitably snapped the other day XD

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
My old cone poi are about to do the same, so I don't use the in fear that the end will break off and brak something.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

forrestfireSILVER Member
lonely spinner
67 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: kikiasaumithanks n .n

I'm supposed to be getting my tail poi in a day or so. so I'll be looking into learning more moves then, since my practice poi inevitably snapped the other day XD

ohhh tail poi.... verry limiting for first poi... just saying. cant do isolations... just realy weaves and buterflies.