Forums > Social Chat > ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, HERE I COME! (London-> Denmark-> Scotland-> Sheffield-> NYC)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Whoa! The universe is strange sometimes.

Looong story short and overly simplified: As some of you know I've been desperately trying to get my girlie out of her busy summer schedule and into Europe but somewhere in there... um... we broke up. No, no... it's cool and for the best and I actually do mean that. Once you get over a certain age (or maturity level) breakups become a bit more civilized and logical I guess... But the strange point of all of this is:

I'VE GOT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO THIS SUMMER!!!

After I host the lovely Cassandra and her Prince in New York until July 22nd I'm FREEEEEE!!!

As most of you know who've met me, I'm a nice, decent, employed, clean (unless you met me at last years EJC!) and respectful guy who'd feel absolutely blessed to camp out on a couch, floor, stairwell, dirt pile, concrete cell floor, subway (er.. I mean metro) station or where ever I'm welcome... I know I received many lovely invites when I was toying with the idea a few weeks ago but now that I've got no reason not to... and every reason to come out I thought I should make it official (and give everyone who offered a chance to quickly rethink )

I'm even thinking about hitting up the EJC this year too... even though the thought of a week of dodging juggling clubs and muddy tents is already making me a bit queasy...

Where should I go? Whom should I see? How long should I come for? What should I bring? Where should I stay? Why do you all have such strange accents?

Throwing myself into the universe and seeing what smiling faces I get to meet...

-NYC

[ 05. August 2003, 06:13: Message edited by: NYC- Prince of Denmark ]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
He's shortish with erm mumble coloured hair and doesn't have a goatee (unless he does again - in which case, he does).

I've seen photos of him. He grins a lot. But then people seem to in photos. Funny that.....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Did you find him yet?

Meh

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Lost in a Foreign country. That sucks.

Poor NYC!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
He was found, wearing a 'NYC' t-shirt for identification purposes

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
LOOLOLOLOLOLOL OF COURSE he was wearing the NYC T shirt LOLOLOLOLOLOL soooo funny...

please take care of my buddy NYC my frieds and let him deliver the millions hugs I asked him to deliver all over UK and Scotland

Enjoy yourself NYC

shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Hi Cass - last night Bammers and me were NYC's bitches We were both wearing our "I love NY" vests he bought us and he was wearing his NYC T-shirt...

Also I believe we both owe you a HUGE hug for the advice on the pink china town tops - they are absolutely gorgeous!!

See you soon hopefully!

Hope you had a great birthday and we promise to look after NYC for you - isn't he just lovely!

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i got two of those hugs already danae

nyc is a very nice man with a damn cool accent.
we'll take two
or at the very least, keep this one

and he says that i do thru wraps just like you which made me feel all kinda [ ]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I LOVE IT HERE!

AHHHH!!! You guys are SO cool! Exactly the inspiration I needed after not picking up my poi all winter (and spring for that matter)...

Thanks to the brave few who came out to greet me yesterday despite the weather (or is that just the way it is here? )

Enjoying everything and everyone. Feeling pretty stupid walking around with a huge grin on my face all the time. That would get my ass kicked on the streets of New York.

I can't wait to see you all again Sunday. It's so refreshing to feel like a newbie again.

I finally got some sleep today after a good 48 hour run. It's amazing that I learned a hyperloop after not sleeping for two days. Maybe that was the key. Sleep Deprivation Poi. Get on it Glass, it's the new craze...

I'm having far too much fun at the Princess Palace with two of the loveliest princesses in the planet.

The Newly Inducted Honorary Princess,
NYC

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
at an image of NYC at the princess palace running around in Lisa's suit.

Hey, C@ntus, now worries. I got your back and I'm the only one that matters (except for when it comes to something along the line of driving in the UK). Although I did hear rumors that you and your princess might be here.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
maybe we're there already...

Kali, did FNF have dreads last time you saw her? Cos, if she did, they're all colourful now. If she didn't then....FNF has dreads now!!!

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Although I doubt you heard "rumors". It's more likely you heard rumours.

You're in our country now. Abide by our rules.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
quote:
The Newly Inducted Honorary Princess
NYC
must be something about staying in London. When we stayed at Jez and Simian's last year, Pink Poi and Pink Flags said i could be an honourary girl for the evening.

I got to drink lambrini and bitch about Jez all night...

Meh

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

*off to invent teleporter so c@ntus and the fairy can get down to sunny ( ) london whenever they like*

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Merlynsfiremember
13 posts

Posted:
seems like I'll be floggin a dead horse with this one but shout if you gona be in the bristol (south west) area. I'm up for a hello and poss. roof and food for couple days
I play with poi,staff(+2staff),whips(+make) etc
If you down this way say hello

I'd rather go Poi with myself!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
hope you are looking after my princesses noo york boyo....
if not tho...

nearly back to edinburgh my july is nearly finished(everyone elses too i guess...) and 1 week before jugglage mania in denmark then 1 weekend with nix NYC bambam smallboy under one roof(as well as me steve nat and pk(last and least ) so there may be a little playage going on there.... no staff tho, we are all poi fanatics really...

this is also my return to HOP post so you get all the crap i should really put in other posts too... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY what an awesome weekend i love my job too much sometimes(apart from the ticks) and sleeping in stalle d railway carriages, working out moves there are no names for(tom?) getting black and cut eye from tome balls and continuous btb into crotch thu-raps both sides...mmmmmmmmmmm

love
You
all
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Yo,

one: you been workin on them since chrismas at least (mind?)

Two: its officalclasification is an airwrap/stall/wrist-wrap-stall, but if a official clasification is infact a sillier name then any you could make up, so sugestions would be nice, I like to call it 'the dangler' (but I dont know if I can spell that )

two poi airwrap
one poi stalls
one poi wraps over wrist and stalls there (head just lying off)

both poi are then reverse and assume the same position on the other side, same head stalling, same head lying.

Now you are probibly wondering to yourself, "Yes, very nice but why? " well, its sort of nice knotty/loopy/non-circular action, Its ****ed-up, in other words!

L*r

T

p.s. bluecat, thank you for exelent playage yesterday, and if you think your gonna get me offa staffs, you wrong! T x

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, I'll be in London this weekend. Is there anything planned (a park poi gathering kind of thing) saturday or sunday?

Hopefully there is something in the works so I can meet all the London folks i've been hearing about for a while now.

Oh and, yeah, seeing Mr NYC again would be kinda cool.

Nomad

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
From current information, Londoner's are mostly going to be not in London next saturday, but on Brighton beach instead, which should be nice (see events forum for the brighton thread) and there'll most probably be spinny people hanging around on Clapham Common on the Sunday too.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
no. i've been ****ing them up since christmas.

better transfer this to its proper home of poimoves tho....see ya soon NyC

R

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
you picky bastard

what exactly is the difference between working on a move and trying it but not getting it right ("****ing it up")...?

would love to see one though - i don't really give a shit how long you've been ****ing them up/working on them, as long as they look pretty

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
ahh, hes got 3, but he cant do 5!

T :injoke:

-><- Kallisti

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Uh oh... looks like I've got a nerd infestation in my thread. Anyone have beer and hot naked chicks? That's like Kryptonite to nerds.

BEER AND HOT NAKED CHICKS!
BEER AND HOT NAKED CHICKS!

Be gone ye poi nerds!

Uh... see some of you tonight.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh heck he's been at the black vodka again

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mmmm beer and hot naked chicks

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
great, well done NYC

Poi nerds are just a nuisance, but randy, drunken poi nerds are downright hazardous...

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
we try.....

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
simian - you couldn't be more right

i've had the beer - bring on the naked chicks goddammit!?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
can i have cider and hot naked chicks instead? or for preference pink champagne please

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
cole: dont you mean bring on the naked troll woman?

I dunno about hot chicks, sounds kinda dangerous, can I have a warm soft one?

T

-><- Kallisti

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
yes, yes i did.

thank-you for the correction man

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."