• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Posted:Is it possible to change the little bulb insert in LED poi? I want different colors but am curious if there's a way to do it without purchasing new balls.

Delete Topic

aston
SILVER Member since Dec 2007

aston

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League

Total posts: 4061
Posted:Depends on the poi.

You will probably need to solder the new bulb in place no matter what though.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Delete

ElectricBlue
GOLD Member since Feb 2002

ElectricBlue

Now with extra strawberries

Total posts: 810
Posted:Possibly, but led's are a lot more complicated than light bulbs because depending on the type and colour of the led you may also need to add a corresponding resistor.

So unless you want to permanently change your led's i would just by a second set or you could buy the multicolor select ones because then you will have every colour.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Delete

Posted:Ok, thank you very much.

Delete