Forums > Social Chat > ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, HERE I COME! (London-> Denmark-> Scotland-> Sheffield-> NYC)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Whoa! The universe is strange sometimes.

Looong story short and overly simplified: As some of you know I've been desperately trying to get my girlie out of her busy summer schedule and into Europe but somewhere in there... um... we broke up. No, no... it's cool and for the best and I actually do mean that. Once you get over a certain age (or maturity level) breakups become a bit more civilized and logical I guess... But the strange point of all of this is:

I'VE GOT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO THIS SUMMER!!!

After I host the lovely Cassandra and her Prince in New York until July 22nd I'm FREEEEEE!!!

As most of you know who've met me, I'm a nice, decent, employed, clean (unless you met me at last years EJC!) and respectful guy who'd feel absolutely blessed to camp out on a couch, floor, stairwell, dirt pile, concrete cell floor, subway (er.. I mean metro) station or where ever I'm welcome... I know I received many lovely invites when I was toying with the idea a few weeks ago but now that I've got no reason not to... and every reason to come out I thought I should make it official (and give everyone who offered a chance to quickly rethink )

I'm even thinking about hitting up the EJC this year too... even though the thought of a week of dodging juggling clubs and muddy tents is already making me a bit queasy...

Where should I go? Whom should I see? How long should I come for? What should I bring? Where should I stay? Why do you all have such strange accents?

Throwing myself into the universe and seeing what smiling faces I get to meet...

-NYC

[ 05. August 2003, 06:13: Message edited by: NYC- Prince of Denmark ]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sounds cool. I'll probably stop back in London for a day or something and then head up to Edinbu... um... Scotland after that.

Very much looking forward to seeing Scotland I must say. I've heard good things.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:

NYC arrives on Thursday!!

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Yo NYC, i'll be in London the weekend of August 2-3. You're still there, right?

Nomad

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna be in london on the 10th... but that probably doesn't count seeing as it's far away from the first.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna be in london on the 27th July. Could you like organise a big clapham meet for me please?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Damnit flid! You ruined the surprise. People were SAYING it was for me but it really was for you. Yes, I demand that we party in the name of Flid. (You do know that we had a gathering planned for that day right? )

I should be in London for that weekend Nomad. Damnit, there go my chances with the women if prettyboy is going to show up.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
don't forget cake

and BBQ stuff like sausages and veggies and drinks..

and cake..

there's going to be a Barbecue by the way, did I mention it?

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh me thinks Sunbeam's getting excited now
Princess Sunbeam Hels Bells and I will be bringing food bits and bobs with us. Let me know what you need and I'll bring it.

Snuggles to our Sunbeam of joy

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Don't worry dude, we'll hit the London pubs together after spinning and we'll say you taught me everything I know.

Nomad

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
are there any plans to have a big london gathering including mr NYC himself?

Tempest? You gonna get your arse down south? Bring Jo and Angie............

Please let me know - I want to meet the funny american

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
quote:

Damnit, there go my chances with the women if prettyboy is going to show up.

It's that funny foreign accent he can do. I reckon it's just a put on

Ms Fraggle - there's a picnic/BBQ this Sunday where the funny Americans will be on display.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Make sure there is an autograph table that I can sit at because I hate signing autographs while standing. It's tacky.

And Dom, quit you're whinin'. You're the original prettyboy with the cute accent.

Damn, this is going to be intimidating with all the big boyz coming out to play. Did I mention I can do the weave real fast? Actually, it will be nice for me to be the 62nd best poier at the gathering. That leaves 61 other people to teach the newbies the weave.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Damn, Dom! You make it sound like we're a freak show coming to town.

And by the way, I would like to point out that the Poi in the Park is all for me, but if it turns out to suck or rain, it was all NYC's idea.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It can't rain on Londoners. They get all shrivelly and start to shrink.

They're a funny lot.....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
By the way, if anyone is heading south (Tempest, Jo, Trippy Hippy etc) for this shindig and feels like taking an errant fraggle with them, then i would be very grateful for a lift.

Otherwise I can't come.....

Meh

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Well, it totally looks like ill be in edinburgh when NYC is, so that will be cool, We're going to organise a HUGE international perfomance art festival just for him, so there

oh and a film festival on the side for Flid, cos he gets shirty about this stuff.

L*r

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Awwww Kali, come on, don't steal my thunder! I've never been to London with the fire kids.

I'm certainly looking forward to heading up to Scotland also!

At some point I should probably pack. I am leaving tomorrow.

AHHHHH! I'm leaving tomorrow!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Sorry man, how about the gathering was all my idea FOR NYC's first trip to meet the Londoners?

And, my god, someone PLEASE give C@ntus a ride. If I was able to drive on British roads, I would. But they confuse me by driving on the wrong side of the road all the time. Weirdos.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Jumping in my last American shower for a month. Running about my apartment getting last minute stuff done.

See you all very soon!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
13 hours till NYC lands

Lisa runs around in circles till she falls over

Bammy

the one with the bump on her head

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey, don't believe the hype kids. I'm just an little old man with a big vacation.

Just zipped up my backpack. I think I have mastered the "everything but the kitchen sink" manner of packing.

Off to relax until it's time to go to the airport.

See you all soon.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
A resounding response to my plea I notice. Seems only Kali actually wants me to go....

Meh

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I don't think anyone's coming down from up north, which'll be why nobody's offered a lift. There's isn't some big anti-C@ntus conspiricy. Unless I just didn't get that memo

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Please please please help our Fraggle we NEED him.

Newsflash

NYC is in London! comfirmation has just been given to me....it's official

Yipppeeee skipppeeeee

Bammy

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
but he was allways under the same skies looking at the same stars breathing the same air on the same earth as us all miss bam, whats the difference?

oh i get it, we can over whelm him with loveable hugs as we allways do

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Ok, so he's finally arrived. The official word on the streets is that he's wondering round London at the mo - probably wearing a baseball hat back to front, with a Yankie t-shirt on, outside Big Ben and taking photos......or maybe this is just my stereotype of them strange USA folk

But Yeah!!! He's finally here - only a couple more hours till I finally get to meet the one, the only NYC

hic hic....yeah drinking at lunch is BAD!!!

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
OK....We've lost NYC!

Anyone know what he looks like???

Help greatly appreciated as BamBam is asking everyone in Liverpool Street station if they are NYC....I think it's just an excuse for her to speak to random guys personally....but hey!

AlienfoxSILVER Member
130 posts

Posted:
Tell her to take her socks off.
Stuff them with something and start waving them around her head.

She might not attract NYC, but at least we'll have more ammo for taking the piss

Non-Https Image Link

- Alienfox -

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i've heard he has a funny accent, if that helps

Page: