• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, HERE I COME! (London-> Denmark-> Scotland-> Sheffield-> NYC)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 123456
NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted:Whoa! The universe is strange sometimes.

Looong story short and overly simplified: As some of you know I've been desperately trying to get my girlie out of her busy summer schedule and into Europe but somewhere in there... um... we broke up. No, no... it's cool and for the best and I actually do mean that. Once you get over a certain age (or maturity level) breakups become a bit more civilized and logical I guess... But the strange point of all of this is:

I'VE GOT ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO THIS SUMMER!!!

After I host the lovely Cassandra and her Prince in New York until July 22nd I'm FREEEEEE!!!

As most of you know who've met me, I'm a nice, decent, employed, clean (unless you met me at last years EJC!) and respectful guy who'd feel absolutely blessed to camp out on a couch, floor, stairwell, dirt pile, concrete cell floor, subway (er.. I mean metro) station or where ever I'm welcome... I know I received many lovely invites when I was toying with the idea a few weeks ago but now that I've got no reason not to... and every reason to come out I thought I should make it official (and give everyone who offered a chance to quickly rethink )

I'm even thinking about hitting up the EJC this year too... even though the thought of a week of dodging juggling clubs and muddy tents is already making me a bit queasy...

Where should I go? Whom should I see? How long should I come for? What should I bring? Where should I stay? Why do you all have such strange accents?

Throwing myself into the universe and seeing what smiling faces I get to meet...

-NYC

[ 05. August 2003, 06:13: Message edited by: NYC- Prince of Denmark ]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete Topic

bluecat

bluecat

geek, level 1

Total posts: 5300
Posted:flying back via london on the 14th? from copenhagen... about 130 i think...

aaaargh too dead to post lots.

sorry

got back yesterday frm glastonbury(and france) going away tomorrow for ten days to northest coast of scotland..... might get to sleep in september or so.....

can't wait to see you.... interesting ejc stuff to impart too in a short while...

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Posted:Sounds cool. I'll probably stop back in London for a day or something and then head up to Edinbu... um... Scotland after that.

Very much looking forward to seeing Scotland I must say. I've heard good things.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Helz Bellz
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

lovin' it...

Total posts: 2444
Posted:

NYC arrives on Thursday!!

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Delete

nomad
BRONZE Member since Jan 2001

nomad

retired

Total posts: 356
Posted:Yo NYC, i'll be in London the weekend of August 2-3. You're still there, right?

Nomad

Delete

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)

veteran

Total posts: 1325
Posted:I'm gonna be in london on the 10th... but that probably doesn't count seeing as it's far away from the first.

Delete

flid
BRONZE Member since Aug 2002

flid

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3136
Posted:I'm gonna be in london on the 27th July. Could you like organise a big clapham meet for me please?

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Posted:Damnit flid! You ruined the surprise. People were SAYING it was for me but it really was for you. Yes, I demand that we party in the name of Flid. (You do know that we had a gathering planned for that day right? )

I should be in London for that weekend Nomad. Damnit, there go my chances with the women if prettyboy is going to show up.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

sunbeam
SILVER Member since Nov 2001

sunbeam

old hand

Total posts: 1032
Posted:don't forget cake

and BBQ stuff like sausages and veggies and drinks..

and cake..

there's going to be a Barbecue by the way, did I mention it?

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Delete

BamBam

BamBam

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1810
Posted:Ohh me thinks Sunbeam's getting excited now
Princess Sunbeam Hels Bells and I will be bringing food bits and bobs with us. Let me know what you need and I'll bring it.

Snuggles to our Sunbeam of joy

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Delete

nomad
BRONZE Member since Jan 2001

nomad

retired

Total posts: 356
Posted:Don't worry dude, we'll hit the London pubs together after spinning and we'll say you taught me everything I know.

Nomad

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy

fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3638
Posted:are there any plans to have a big london gathering including mr NYC himself?

Tempest? You gonna get your arse down south? Bring Jo and Angie............

Please let me know - I want to meet the funny american

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Delete

Dom
BRONZE Member since Dec 2001

Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3009
Posted:quote:
Damnit, there go my chances with the women if prettyboy is going to show up.

It's that funny foreign accent he can do. I reckon it's just a put on

Ms Fraggle - there's a picnic/BBQ this Sunday where the funny Americans will be on display.

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Posted:Make sure there is an autograph table that I can sit at because I hate signing autographs while standing. It's tacky.

And Dom, quit you're whinin'. You're the original prettyboy with the cute accent.

Damn, this is going to be intimidating with all the big boyz coming out to play. Did I mention I can do the weave real fast? Actually, it will be nice for me to be the 62nd best poier at the gathering. That leaves 61 other people to teach the newbies the weave.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Kali
BRONZE Member since Apr 2002

Total posts: 577
Posted:Damn, Dom! You make it sound like we're a freak show coming to town.

And by the way, I would like to point out that the Poi in the Park is all for me, but if it turns out to suck or rain, it was all NYC's idea.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

Delete

Cantus
SILVER Member since Jul 2001

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Total posts: 15965
Posted:It can't rain on Londoners. They get all shrivelly and start to shrink.

They're a funny lot.....

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:By the way, if anyone is heading south (Tempest, Jo, Trippy Hippy etc) for this shindig and feels like taking an errant fraggle with them, then i would be very grateful for a lift.

Otherwise I can't come.....

Delete

[Nx?]
BRONZE Member since Nov 2001

[Nx?]

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3749
Posted:Well, it totally looks like ill be in edinburgh when NYC is, so that will be cool, We're going to organise a HUGE international perfomance art festival just for him, so there

oh and a film festival on the side for Flid, cos he gets shirty about this stuff.

L*r

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Posted:Awwww Kali, come on, don't steal my thunder! I've never been to London with the fire kids.

I'm certainly looking forward to heading up to Scotland also!

At some point I should probably pack. I am leaving tomorrow.

AHHHHH! I'm leaving tomorrow!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Kali
BRONZE Member since Apr 2002

Total posts: 577
Posted:Sorry man, how about the gathering was all my idea FOR NYC's first trip to meet the Londoners?

And, my god, someone PLEASE give C@ntus a ride. If I was able to drive on British roads, I would. But they confuse me by driving on the wrong side of the road all the time. Weirdos.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Posted:Jumping in my last American shower for a month. Running about my apartment getting last minute stuff done.

See you all very soon!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Helz Bellz

lovin' it...

Posted:

Delete

BamBam

BamBam

Pooh-Bah

Posted:13 hours till NYC lands

Lisa runs around in circles till she falls over

Bammy

the one with the bump on her head

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Posted:Hey, don't believe the hype kids. I'm just an little old man with a big vacation.

Just zipped up my backpack. I think I have mastered the "everything but the kitchen sink" manner of packing.

Off to relax until it's time to go to the airport.

See you all soon.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Cantus

Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity

Posted:A resounding response to my plea I notice. Seems only Kali actually wants me to go....

Delete

Dom

Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3009
Posted:I don't think anyone's coming down from up north, which'll be why nobody's offered a lift. There's isn't some big anti-C@ntus conspiricy. Unless I just didn't get that memo

Delete

BamBam

BamBam

Pooh-Bah

Posted:Please please please help our Fraggle we NEED him.

Newsflash

NYC is in London! comfirmation has just been given to me....it's official

Yipppeeee skipppeeeee

Bammy

Delete

PK_

PK_

Lambretta Fanatic

Total posts: 4993
Posted:but he was allways under the same skies looking at the same stars breathing the same air on the same earth as us all miss bam, whats the difference?

oh i get it, we can over whelm him with loveable hugs as we allways do

PK.

"To be an angel, one need not have wings.
In giving love there is an equal grace.
Nor need one seek the aura in the face,
As love unveils the beauty of all things."

*Francois Couperin.

Delete

Helz Bellz

lovin' it...

Posted:Ok, so he's finally arrived. The official word on the streets is that he's wondering round London at the mo - probably wearing a baseball hat back to front, with a Yankie t-shirt on, outside Big Ben and taking photos......or maybe this is just my stereotype of them strange USA folk

But Yeah!!! He's finally here - only a couple more hours till I finally get to meet the one, the only NYC

hic hic....yeah drinking at lunch is BAD!!!

Delete

Helz Bellz

lovin' it...

Posted:OK....We've lost NYC!

Anyone know what he looks like???

Help greatly appreciated as BamBam is asking everyone in Liverpool Street station if they are NYC....I think it's just an excuse for her to speak to random guys personally....but hey!

Delete

Posted:Tell her to take her socks off.
Stuff them with something and start waving them around her head.

She might not attract NYC, but at least we'll have more ammo for taking the piss

Non-Https Image Link

- Alienfox -

Delete

Page: 123456