Page: ......
arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
To all Brisbane twirlers, on each Monday night there is a practice twirl being held down in the South Bank Piazza. Beginners welcome as we are free to teach. Come to learn

Starts at 7:30... pm, and goes till around mid-night. See ya then.

Its all free and we would love to see you all there!!

hug hug hug

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Mechmanaunewbie
13 posts

Posted:
hi everyone.. a noobie here. just wondering if this gathering is on every Monday still. i read the first post, then saw 19 pages!!!.. don't have time to read then all lol.
what are the timings etc and are absolute beginners welcome?

Im a noob.... can you tell by the bruises?

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Hi Mechmanau, you and anybody are more then welcome down on a Monday night, yes its still going. People normally start turning up around 7 o'clock, some earlier some not!! And you find that by talking and watching you won't be left out and you certainly wont be a beginner for long... Everyone is very friendly and always willing to help!!

weavesmiley juggle

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Welcome Mechmanau! See you on Monday night! Sometimes new people come down and forget to come and say hello to us. *Us* is pretty obvious: we are the ones who seem to know each other, who are not the break dancers wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Mechmanaunewbie
13 posts

Posted:
ahh, not the break dancers... lol.. ok
im pretty old for this i guess??? at 40? anyone else my age there?
strange things happen when you hit 40 lol

thanks for the welcome guys. muchly appreciated.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Noone over 40 round here ey Gabe.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mechmanau

ahh, not the break dancers... lol.. ok

im pretty old for this i guess??? at 40? anyone else my age there?

strange things happen when you hit 40 lol

Well I started swinging things round my head when I was about 40 and that was a few years ago now, so don't worry about a thing wink biggrin I'll bring a spare zimmer frame eh. To watch the break dancers from while ya rest ubblol They are scary fit! Most of us are not!

Mechmanaunewbie
13 posts

Posted:
phew, thats a relief!... lol
Zimmer frame huh? would you be a fellow Pom? most Aussies have no idea what they are.

I must admit, i am kind of addicted to these things. They are hanging in my hall way and i flick my wrists every time i walk past them...lol sad hey.

Scary fit huh?... thats soooo not me.

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

They are scary fit! Most of us are not!

Who is not.... rolleyes i pride myself on my physically fit physique and stuff.....

Noottt!!! ubblol ubblol

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mechmanau

Zimmer frame huh? would you be a fellow Pom? most Aussies have no idea what they are.

I must admit, i am kind of addicted to these things. They are hanging in my hall way and i flick my wrists every time i walk past them...lol sad hey.

are we still talking about zimmer frames? ubblol

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Mechmanaunewbie
13 posts

Posted:
lmao... nice come back. i see i will have to watch what i say around here... rolleyes

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
See you tomorrow then!
I'll be the one Ry is thrusting $100 notes at ubbrollsmile
That's an [Old link] wink

Mechmanaunewbie
13 posts

Posted:
yup yup, i will venture down tonight.... might just hang in the shadows with bulging pockets (poi hidden i mean) just to see how i feel.. already feeling a little self conscious lol.

i have only had them a few weeks, so incredibly noob...

followed your thread too.. looks interesting. think that $5000 for a ticket seems a little umm.. STEEP!...lol.

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Yay! ubbrollsmile

will see all you lovelies tonight!

Mechmanau, really do come and say hello smile we really are a lovely bunch grouphug ... the breakdancers are too! ubbrollsmile hehe and they bring tunes to groove to! smile and yep... they ARE crazy fit! eek and crazy tallented with the up-side-downyness! hehe and flippin-all-over-the-placeyness! ubbrollsmile

i had a really good hoopy groove to the tunes last week actually... it makes such a difference to me if there is music... i need to get me one of those lil ipod dodahs! so i can have tunes whenever i like! boogey to the shops... ubbrollsmile boogey to the tunes while i'm drivin to a gig... ubbrollsmile boogey walkin down the street....:* ubbrollsmile

i need more boogeyin in my life. hehe

Speaking of which (smooth pixie smooth rolleyes ) **The Bird** are playing at *The Zoo* this friday night.::* biggrin anyone wanna come dancin and boogeyin with me? bounce

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
The Bird? awesome! ive heard heaps about them and missed them at Woodford so will definitely head along.
ubbrollsmile

3,492 posts

Posted:
EXCELLENT!!! YAY someone to boogey with on the dance floor! ubbrollsmile and yeahhh The Bird are really good! biggrin very very danceable music!!! biggrin

who else is in!?! i will be pestering everyone to join us at juggle jam tonight devil biggrin ubblol

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Mechmanaunewbie
13 posts

Posted:
well thanks for that warm welcome guys and a special thanks to Gita, Dentrassi and Newgabe for all your help tonight. Will definitely be there again!

was quite scary, but got over it. smile

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Mechmanau: Don't thank Gita too much, she will be overcome with the feeling of importance and that will over shadow me and everyone knows that i'm definately more important..... tongue biggrin

Gita: Hi darling, LOVE YOU!!!! ubblove ubblove hug hug kiss

Mechmanaunewbie
13 posts

Posted:
HAHAHAHA... nice one GitasGuy...

DoctaGOLD Member
81 posts

Posted:
The Bird hey......at the zoo you say........might have to come for a look in perhaps?? They are a very nice crew to dance too smile

Doc smile

DoctaGOLD Member
81 posts

Posted:
Oh yea, Ry.......thanks for showing me those waist wraps....I think I'm getting the hang of them. Did one the other night without even thinking about it YAY biggrin

Peace Light Sparkles and Bubbles

Doc smile

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
*bUmp* biggrin bounce

so who's going tonight?? the security guys last week said that cos of the public holiday the piazza might still be closed off today (cos they had the buddha birthday festival there all weekend!) so it looks like it'll probably be at the beach again! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
blah. my throat glands are the size of golfballs. me is sleeping it off & drinking lots of tea instead.
have fun tho.

E.

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Just thought I'd do some advertising for Christian (the person not the religion =P)
[Old link]
Hope we can get out-of-towners as well as Melbournians...
Cheers, Moka juggle

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Eek i know i said I would be at this one, but alas forgot my car is temporarily out of action so won't be able to make it with the promised beverages...

Shall be at coming weeks juggle jams though bounce

Free bump for a cool event too biggrin

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Sorry not to make it last night chaps,
I was feeling somewhat done in and was in bed by 9!

3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrin tonight!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Do people still go to these?

I'm heading up to Brissie for Woodford and probably looking to stay for a bit and if people could either offer a weary UK traveller a temporary place to stay, room to let or reccommend a good area to look for a place.

Either that or go WOOFing afterwards.

Looking forward to spinning with you guys... hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Quite a few people regularly go to this, they just aren't that active on here.
There are half a dozen youth hostel a short distance from Roma Street Station. No idea what they are like. I think there are also a few out at Kangaroo Point and West bank

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Ya for sure, this is Monday Night Juggle Jam! It's not a workshop, its just people playing.. no guru no teacher no promises! There's usually a bunch of hip hop kids too and assorted jugglers and passers through. SOmetimes its small, sometimes big. HoPers are Ry, me, gita and guy, jen/sureau.. and basstones and Misguided Joel Oracle elke MoonubblovePixie and allsorts really.

if for some reason the Piazza is being used, we go down to the Busker's Pitch at the artificial beach about a block away.
EDITED_BY: newgabe (1196322591)

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
Yay, I'm heading to Brisbane soon. I'll meet you on Monday nights!!! Anything else worthwhile going to from now till New Year? Any trancy kind of parties? What a about the moon fest at Shorncliffe?

Looking forward to meeting you.
Julia

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

Page: ......