Forums > Social Chat > Parkour and other stunts

Login/Join to Participate

Aguamember
67 posts

Posted:
Just wondering if any of you guys have been to www.le-parkour.com or have seen the yamakasi group. Or better yet, do any of you guys actually do parkour stuff? My buds back home mess with it here and there. I've gone out with them and did some building jumps, nothing major. It's a lot of fun though. A good way to face some fears. I want to get to the point to were I can do a flip/backflip off of a roof of a house, car, whatever, whilst spinning (yeah right, whatever)...would that be considered jedi, or at least padawan?

Amateurs practice something until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Try keeping on the ground for a while, learn how to breakdance incorporating staff, it's fully sweet and the breakdancing gives you more than enough flexability, strength and body awareness you need for the acrobatics you are talking about.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

Aguamember
67 posts

Posted:
that's what capoeira is for

Amateurs practice something until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

QuadDamagemember
130 posts

Posted:
Parkour? Yes! Yes! And yes again!

You can usually find me on the forums for the Norwich Parkour website or the UK Parkour Association website.
Haven't really looked at ADD much since it became Parkour.net and haven't looked at Urban Freeflow since everyone started bitching about Freestyle Parkour.

And I remember a few people mentioning themselves doing it. Stalker, mcp and noodles, to name a few.

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
mcp is a parkour person
she's even got a video of herself jumping over things somewhere smile

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Oh I just HAD to *bump this*

MCP does Parkour!!

Like this?

KEWL!! ubbloco

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
That vid Is Tres Kewl

Kinda Reminds me of the Prince of Persia games.

Does anybody remember when Parkour was still young and they did that advert with the guy going to work Parkour style? (only applies to English people)

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil