LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Calling all people who want a practise space!

The next 'Flow Jam' Session will occur on Saturday 17th April, from 3-6pm at the Howard Mallett Centre

Googlemap link: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?source=...055747&z=15

So what exactly is 'Flow Jam' you may be asking? well there are a few groups that share similar interests - The need for music, space and time in which to practise. So far this message is going out to the djembe drummers, bellydancers and spinners of Cambridge. By hiring out a hall one day each month, we aim to offer you a space in which to practise and maybe find out something about some other groups.

There will be no formal structure or workshops (not to say that you can't try asking people for advice or opinions) but the emphasis is just on having a general jam session regardless of level.

What we do ask is that you make a contribution towards running costs of £3 and that you don't bring smelly food into or smoke in the hall. Also, given that only one wall is mirrored, we ask that you give that side of the hall over to the dancers.

You will need to bring your own equipment or borrow from someone else - we can only provide the space (which includes toilets and chairs)

If you have problems getting into the hall (the door may be closed due to sound/temperature concerns) please contact me on 07890595453 or PM for further details

Guy

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
is there a facebook group for this? would love to add it into the global fire guide

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
we have a 'Cambridge Flow Jam' facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=247098588272&ref=ts

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
wicked have added it smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
awesome, thanks - one thing though - this is a monthly event not weekly!

First Flow Jam went down well - there will definitely be another one in February - date tbc next week

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
The next Flow Jam is Scheduled for the 27th February - bring drums, dancing shoes and toys!

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
the next Flow Jam is scheduled for 17th April