SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I was bored and working on btb stuff and waistwraps, and I came up with this thing, I think it might be classified as a waistwrap but I'm not sure. I am in a btb weave position, I do a 3bt weave and instead of goin back behind me to the other side I reach both arms across me to the other side and, go back, then go behind me and do the same on the other side. My hands end up doing a circle around me and it is not on a wheelplane. It is pretty much adding 4th step to the 360 waistwrap. I am currently completely stumped on terminology for this, so I'm asking if anyone else knows what to call it. Also, while I'm asking, I might as well ask if anyone knows a tutorial for a certain pendulum move that I can't really describe, the best I can do is link to a video and say the time that he does it.
He does it from 15 seconds to about 20 seconds:

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

TeamoGOLD Member
Almost again
124 posts

Posted:
The pendulum move looks very much just the other hand spinning while the other pendulums, this being in duplicate time (..I'm sure you're aware of Nick Woolseys tutorial on this in his "NOT 1.5 weave" video). The only difference seems to be that instead the other hand doing two static spins while the other does one full pendulum circle, it is doing one isolated circle and one normal spin. And it's of course on wheelplane instead of wallplane like Nick demonstrates it.

As for your waiswrap move, I have no comment.

chemairoSILVER Member
person who like to spin all gears
62 posts

Posted:
Would say that this is an inverted 1.5 Thingy.
Try do a kind of an 1.5 btw but inverted and to still have your Beat you need to isolate it a bit.

2,280 posts

Posted:
At least I got something on the pendulum, stilll not sure about the waistwrap thingy. As far as I know, that's all I can call it, "waistwrap thingy." Still working on it, a little hard on my shoulders, but so was btb weave when I started that. Also, didn't know I had to isolate a bit, maybe that'll help, but when I do it, I know I'm doing something wrong with my arm placement because my arms get tangled with eachother. But I think that just has to do with which arm is in front.

chemairoSILVER Member
person who like to spin all gears
62 posts

Posted:
Maybe you can create a video doing the "waistwrap-thingy" because at the moment I don't know what you really want to do

2,280 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Warri0rMaybe you can create a video doing the "waistwrap-thingy" because at the moment I don't know what you really want to do
OK, I probably need to do it outside for enough room to get a good view with the camera. My problem is I don't have a tripod. I also need to jack my dad's computer, other than that, how do you put a video on HoP? If I get it I'll definately put it on youtube though. But the best that I can explain it is that when your doing the btb weave, instead of going to the other side from behind your back like a normal btb weave, you reach both arms across the front of your body, which is very hard at first and will require a lot of contorting. But as time goes on, I've been twisting less and less, because you have to reach your arm behind your back, and then in front of you from behind your back. This kind of results in a twisted up you. You may not be flexible enough though, I've been getting more flexible from poi though, so maybe anyone could do it.

2,280 posts

Posted:
Just noticed over 150 viewed this, still no name for it -.- Well my family is holding off buying a tripod until we see if we can have my grandparents old one. A little unsure about their ancient tripod and how tall/steady/everything else I want in a tripod it is. So we'll see about that video of this move soon hopefuly.