Page:
forrestfireSILVER Member
lonely spinner
67 posts

Posted:
Does anyone else feel awkward spinning in public i.e a park?

I do it because its scenic and open but i hate it when people stare.

I know i know its a performance art but when i'm trying to learn a trick or just straight grove it kinda bothers me.

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: forrestfire
its amazing how if you change sets you can work on some things more. i LOVE it.

I've been stuck indoor spinning too, but I love switching between sets! Socks, LEDs on chains, my wicks with practice covers... Just wish I had a higher ceiling for my staff!!! Some more room for devil sticks would be awesome too...yes

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Besides it being part of my goal to introduce poi to anyone slightly curious, I also keep crazy extra pairs of poi just for the random equipment changes. Helps change gears and grab my attention again. (Also sometimes I get too lazy to do technical stuff, which is when I break out the streamers or crazy socks.)

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

forrestfireSILVER Member
lonely spinner
67 posts

Posted:
my girlfriend actually just gave me an amazing pair of socks. My first poi was sock poi with dress socks (if anyone wears dress socks you know they aren't stretchy or long) so i was ok with that. Then i moved on with glowsticks (but still used them like poi) then my life changed once i got flowtoys. i love those... and now since my girlfriend gave me a pair of socks that are knee highs and stretchy i added a golf ball handle for throws so now i have that capability. There sooo stretchy that it practically makes me do isolations. Before i was never able to do isolations because of the weight or the ridigity of the cord i was using. So i switch between flowlights and stretchy sock poi. Right now one of my flowlights is cracked so i'm not using them as much but i seem to be learning a lot with socks right now. And my fire poi is on its way to Houston right now so thats another set to learn with and get used to. Fire sets are gonna be a work out for me!

Page: