Forums > Social Discussion > Poi=Girly/Fire Poi=Mega Manly Man Manness *Edited

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
OK, so what I have noticed and I find it quite funny. When people see a man doing poi with cloth many people will take it as girly. When they see you do it with light, some people will think you still more of a censored, not as often as cloth though. But, OH MAN!~ When you pick up the fire and start swinging it, now you are the most manliest man to ever man this manly man planet, you are the manly god of men Mr. Super Manly Man Man. Has any other guys here noticed this? In your experience, what do people think of LED's when they know you also do it with fire? And also, this question is for the women out there, what kind of reactions do you get with these different things? And for other guys, what kind of different reactions do people on average have on different staffs (plain, LED, Fire)
*I think it's appropriate now just tell me if it's not.

EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1262190315)

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Dr.BabsSILVER Member
20% more: DIET ASBESTOS©
34 posts

Posted:
spinning in a vacuum sucks. I don't know a lot of local spinners around here, but I've gotten several of my friends into spinning poi. Even though we're all on different levels of "skill," when we have a meet-up, Its a fair trade of knowledge and concepts and ideas between each other.

I can't imagine why someone would be stingy about their poi knowledge, It's about spreading the stoke and seeing how people show themselves in their poi. I think it is absolutely beautiful how everyone has their own approach and styles and concepts of poi (I guess this stuff seems pretty obvious though)

/rant

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
What I don't want being brought up is talking to me about how I was always ignored by everyone, it is a very hard thing to go through, and I'd appreciate it if you were'nt so censored rude about it, and by hard for me to talk about I mean it's because it is an emotionally sensitive subject. Some people ggrew up with actual problems in their lives and it is generally polite to not bring u these types of things, similar to if someone gets raped, you don't keep talking to them about it out of courtesy so just go and leave that subject the censored alone, I only put it there because someone asked about my background with poi and unless you have a real good reason to be an ass, LEAVE THAT STATEMENT BE, and accept that some people have time where they feel it neccecary to share and don't patronize them about it.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

WoodlandAppleBRONZE Member
addict
474 posts

Posted:
Thanks for being honest SoD, But I gotta tell you, poi is really fun and I am stoked its bringing you much joy but its not some magic formula that is going to change the world. Doing poi is not going to make you special or set you apart as much as you think it will. You need to do that yourself. Im not having a go at you here, its just some advice, if you go around thinking that you have something over other people you will only get knocked down with a large dose of the reality check. Be proud, but be humble.

Now, because this is the internet and you have said some truly remarkable things - here is the flame section. (now I am having a go at you)

Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroit it is a very hard thing to go through, and I'd appreciate it if you were'nt so [censored] rude about it, and by hard for me to talk about I mean it's because it is an emotionally sensitive subject.

So far the only person being rude is you - I dont see anyone elses posts with censor marks on them. People are expressing their opinion, very politly. If you had of posted half this stuff on any other forum Ive ever been a part of you would have been treated far worse. So untwist your knickers and harden up.

Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitSome people ggrew up with actual problems in their lives and it is generally polite to not bring u these types of things
No worries. I will remember that and I promise not to mention anything when the time comes that you actually do go through a real problem. What you are going through is called teenage rebellion mixed with a thing called going to high school. everyone has gone through it.

Grow up.

and when you do, and you have experienced some real hardships then come back to this topic and reread on how you...

Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitsimilar to if someone gets raped, you don't keep talking to them about it

...compare your woes with those of a rape victim. (As much fun as this flame is I gotta admit that when I read that I felt sick. I generally hope you feel shame for it now)

but I guess until you do you will continue to post adolescent tripe where you beleive your hardships actually amount to much. But the good news is at least Im not ignoring you.

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
This thread appears to have gone waay off topic

*skins up*

*blows smoke over the rest of the thread*

grouphug

This thread sooo belongs in social chat

will everybody just chill out?

Also patently it's more manly to be doing staff than poi wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Right - so this is being locked as it's not a discussion, and certainly not a social discussion.

There's an exising topic (or 10) on the original subject matter, and the rest of this has degraded into mud-slinging.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Page: