_Poiboy_
_Poiboy_

bastard child of satan
Total posts: 1113
Posted:I'm considering getting a pair of mini hoops from HOP, and I'm wondering how to decide on the right diameter? Is there some sort of reference like with poi? Where it should be from your hand to your shoulder?

Delete Topic

This Jaded Flesh
This Jaded Flesh

One soul is as good as another...
Total posts: 323
Posted:Hhmmm from the few videos I've seen on hooping. It would be safe to assume from wrist, to crook of elbow. I thought more are concerned with weight than size.

"I may lack virtue, but I'm penitent"

Delete

ElectricBlue
ElectricBlue

Now with extra strawberries
Total posts: 810
Posted:This is the guide that somebody posted on hoopcity.

"It's tough to say the "traditional" size, but recently people have been making the circumference of the hoop the same as there height. The finished hoop should be able to be rolled all the way up your body before overlapping."

That is the size of the ones i have and they work quite well for me.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Delete

leapintohoops
stranger

Total posts: 2
Posted:It's all personal preference, but the bigger they are, the easier they are to spin... I have 18", which are very small for minis and they're lightning fast!

Delete