• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

This Jaded Flesh
SILVER Member since Oct 2009

This Jaded Flesh

One soul is as good as another...

Total posts: 323
Posted:Died at the Age of 32... RIP

Great actress. Loved her the most in 'Girl interrupted'. This just highlights the dangers of the medias influence in our lives. Such a shame. Hope she rests in peace and that her family is ok.

EDITED_BY: This Jaded Flesh (1261341449)

"I may lack virtue, but I'm penitent"

Delete Topic

Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:How do you have a cardiac arrest at 32?

**edit**

Ok, I just looked at that photo (different to the ABC's one) and no doubt being that skinny will do it...

EDITED_BY: Rouge Dragon (1261354145)
EDIT_REASON: new info

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:Aye, from what I gathered the word is cocaine and diet pills.

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog

Internet Hate Machine

Total posts: 10530
Posted:Drugs was my intial thought too... such a damn shame. RIP frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Total posts: 6650
Posted:death 'appears to be natural' - for a 32yr Hollywood actress? umm
what a waste...

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:When your popping ounces of cocaine and god knows amount of diet pills I reckon it's quite natural for the body to say "F*** you I'm not putting up with this for 40 more years."

lol aw well, will the celebs ever learn?

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:any proof for that? umm always too easy to accuse celebs of drug (and child and whatever) abuse... sadly enough it often IS the cause for their premature demise... wink

no pun but you needn't be a celeb to die from drugs - only that the world wouldn't give a heck...

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:It's easy to accuse because it's the standard up there on their pedestals. You don't get a figure like that, and keep it, without the assistance of drugs, that and/or eating disorder which I don't believe she suffered from.

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted:I acknowledge that there are women with figures like that because they naturally have it (and that yes, some of them are in hollywood)...but I wish more women were honest about their eating disorders.

I think it's tragic that she died young, but if she had an eating disorder then I think it's best that it's made public as a warning.

Sorry, very touchy topic with me redface

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

FireTom

Stargazer

Posted:TJF - I don't mean to imply you do, but a lot of people have a lot of conceptions about people in the limelight.

Once they up, the audience hails and projects their "conditioned good" on them - when they struggle (and maybe even fall) people are ready to project their "ultimate evils"... none of which might actually have anything to do with the truth.

What difference would it make to her abilities as an actress whether or not she's been a junkie? Would it (in retrospective) change all about her? It's not as if she'd be an athlete and held a world record or anything.

No lecturing, but even IF her pictures have not been retouched, I personally know quite a number of women in their 30s (and 40s) olds who do keep their shape without the intake of drugs or eating disorders... most of them do practice Yoga (admittedly).

wink

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:Originally Posted By: FireTomTJF - I don't mean to imply you do, but a lot of people have a lot of conceptions about people in the limelight.

Oh no it's ok, I do. I think so until proven otherwise. Unless it's someone like Stephen Fry where I'd be mortified to know he was smacked on drugs each night.

Originally Posted By: FireTomOnce they up, the audience hails and projects their "conditioned good" on them - when they struggle (and maybe even fall) people are ready to project their "ultimate evils"... none of which might actually have anything to do with the truth.

It's what they pay to be where they are. It's like saying I want to be a celeb but I don't want paparazzi. Is it wrong for the public to have expectations of these people even if it can be extreme? Certainly not.

Originally Posted By: FireTomWhat difference would it make to her abilities as an actress whether or not she's been a junkie? Would it (in retrospective) change all about her? It's not as if she'd be an athlete and held a world record or anything.

Does it change her ability... No it doesn't. I have to point out I'm quite desensitized when it comes to the drug issue. These days it seems to be a common place so it doesn't factor in when they have it 'under control'. If they can afford the habit, and doesn't interfere with other peoples lives then so be it. In general if their ability warrants it artists have liberty to take drugs. Now if she was a pompous cow like Trent reznor it'd be a different matter. I can't listen to any of his work now because I can't stand him. Courtney Love is getting there too sadly.

Originally Posted By: FireTomNo lecturing, but even IF her pictures have not been retouched, I personally know quite a number of women in their 30s (and 40s) olds who do keep their shape without the intake of drugs or eating disorders... most of them do practice Yoga (admittedly).

wink

It may be because the woman I know don't have the time to spare themselves that I presume no woman could look like that naturally. ^^ And the ones that do have that body have the tell tail signs of eating disorders or malnutrition lol.

EDITED_BY: This Jaded Flesh (1261406147)

Delete

EpitomeOfNovice
GOLD Member since Sep 2009

EpitomeOfNovice

Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981

Total posts: 787
Posted:Seriously people, so far they think it was natural causes and she isn't all that skinny (well not emaciated or a concerning level of skinny). She was 32 and you people don't even know if she had preexisting medical conditions that could have played a part in this or if a chronic illness had popped up within the past few years which women are more susceptible to starting in their late 20s and early 30s depending on how healthy they are.

It's sad to see people just make assumptions and want to make examples out of those assumptions to teach lessons and what not. I don't care if she was a celebrity, but this woman has a family mourning and the dead should be treated with respect.

We none know what happened and I'm sure it will be reported on when the information has been gathered, but until them I'd like to think people would have a little more sense and character because this is the type of talk that does drive and fuel the tabloid/paparazzi monster. If you didn't buy into the gossip they wouldn't even have a business and our entertainers would live with a tiny bit more peace.

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:From one source "There were a lot a lot of prescriptions in the house." And no official word is being stated, until the toxicology report comes back. Apparantly she was suffering from 'flu-like symptoms' for a week previous. We've already covered people make presumptions on celebrities. Once you make the decision to live in and for the public you sacrifice the right to keep anything sacred. They are done when the public is done with them. It's how it's always been. They know this when they begin their career so I don't know why people get pissy about it. Why feel sorry for those that choose a path that will cause them suffering? If it even does. As for her being emaciated that would depend on what era of photos you're looking at.

Delete

EpitomeOfNovice

EpitomeOfNovice

Posted:Originally Posted By: This Jaded FleshFrom one source "There were a lot a lot of prescriptions in the house." And no official word is being stated, until the toxicology report comes back.

Yeah, so do I considering I have severe allergies and asthma! I'm just saying she very well could have been sick with a chronic or genetic condition she has not been public about and that people who have passed on, especially for the sake of there families who are still living and in mourning should be extended respect and consideration.

It's that simple, I don't think a celebrity signs on to be a role model or any other figure that should cause any type of great increase in criticism over anyone else. We have more right to hold politicians accountable because we depend on them and they were elected. The "nosey commoners" invented the business of tabloid and paparazzi NOT celebrities so perhaps if regular people kept the focus on themselves and minded their own business we'd live in a world that isn't saturated with reality television and media infringement on the privacy of citizens who have been accused in making an error in judgment so much.

It's like humans want to watch a train wreck and in some cases are disappointed if a celebrity death truly is just a tragedy and not scandalous. It's just sad that it's a reflection of modern society to be such busybodies and assign a class condemnation out of sheer envy.

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNoviceOriginally Posted By: This Jaded FleshFrom one source "There were a lot a lot of prescriptions in the house." And no official word is being stated, until the toxicology report comes back.

Yeah, so do I considering I have severe allergies and asthma! I'm just saying she very well could have been sick with a chronic or genetic condition she has not been public about and that people who have passed on especially for the sake of there families who are still living and in mourning should be extended respect and consideration.

I didn't just throw out my suspicions without reason and I doubt anyone does. People say things like "oh I bet it was the drugs" because the majority of the time it is the drugs. None of this takes away from the tragedy nor does it spit in the face of the family like you're trying to portray.

Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNoviceI don't think a celebrity signs on to be a role model or any other figure that should cause any type of great increase in criticism over anyone else.

Of course they do. If they don't understand that they are going to have people trying to imitate them then they are ignoring the fact. They probably admired other celebs in the same way people admire them. To play ignorance will get you no where in this world. No where good anyhow. There will always be the exception to the rule but they all want attention. but once they have ours it's no longer their decision when we stop.

Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNoviceWe have more right to hold politicians accountable because we depend on them and they were elected. The "nosey commoners" invented the business of tabloid and paparazzi NOT celebrities so perhaps is regular people kept the focus on themselves and minded their own business we'd live in a world that isn't saturated with reality television and media infringement on the privacy of citizens who have been accused in making an error in judgment so much.

It's those 'nosey commoners' that give them jobs. Without the interest of these people there would be no entertainment. If we all kept to our little lives the world would be a sterile place. Politicians are a whole different ball game. How you made the that link I don't know. Individual politicians, god even the PM is not in your home every day like celebs can be. We give them their positions so we, the public, don't have to fuddle ourselves with such things.

Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNoviceIt's like humans want to watch a train wreck and in some cases are disappointed if a celebrity death truly is just a tragedy and not scandalous. It's just sad that it's a reflection of modern society to be such busybodies and assign a class condemnation out of sheer envy.

Yes, we do. It's sad but true and to make it something evil is just ridiculous. It's just what I call the natural order of things. Aye it would be nice if everyone played the same game but we don't. You can either join in or sit out, there's no in between or against. We all assign levels of 'class' to people no matter who you are. Even if it's as simple as lesser being, equal being, of higher being. Frankly, I'd prefer to be yellow school than either black or white.

Did Jacko drugs kill Murphy?

Delete

Rouge Dragon

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Posted:Originally Posted By: FireTomTJF - I don't mean to imply you do, but a lot of people have a lot of conceptions about people in the limelight.

I didn't mean that I was upset over an implication that I think that about celebrities. My post was more about body image and how celebrities being more honest would help a LOT (in my opinion)...it was admittedly rather a big tangent redface

Delete

EpitomeOfNovice

EpitomeOfNovice

Posted:Well it seems that she had Type 2 Diabetes which would explain the prescriptions and her weight (this was reported on Entertainment Tonight this evening). Unstable blood sugar and insulin levels do serious harm to diabetics and cause death very commonly from complications. I'm careful of this having borderline type 2 with a strong family history of diabetes, genetics can make it difficult for average and smaller sized people to prevent the full blown form of the disease. Her levels going out of control would have the ability to make her lose a significant amount of weight (some people do the opposite) and would make an ordinary illness throw them off even further.

It is very sad that this disease affects so many people and a whole lot more young people these days, but the autopsy will give the final verdict. Regardless of any other factors, this preexisting condition combined with an acute illness would stack the odds against her health much more than a person with a clean bill of health.

~Rock on!~

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:Originally Posted By: Rouge DragonOriginally Posted By: FireTomTJF - I don't mean to imply you do, but a lot of people have a lot of conceptions about people in the limelight.

I didn't mean that I was upset over an implication that I think that about celebrities. My post was more about body image and how celebrities being more honest would help a LOT (in my opinion)...it was admittedly rather a big tangent redface

I agree. Body dysmorphia is so common these days and yes I believe it's because of the media.

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNoviceWell it seems that she had Type 2 Diabetes which would explain the prescriptions and her weight (this was reported on Entertainment Tonight this evening). Unstable blood sugar and insulin levels do serious harm to diabetics and cause death very commonly from complications. I'm careful of this having borderline type 2 with a strong family history of diabetes, genetics can make it difficult for average and smaller sized people to prevent the full blown form of the disease. Her levels going out of control would have the ability to make her lose a significant amount of weight (some people do the opposite) and would make an ordinary illness throw them off even further.

It is very sad that this disease affects so many people and a whole lot more young people these days, but the autopsy will give the final verdict. Regardless of any other factors, this preexisting condition combined with an acute illness would stack the odds against her health much more than a person with a clean bill of health.

My Personal opinion of Brittany hasn't wavered with the rumors and the report shall have no effect either. As I've said before the gossip doesn't detract from the tragedy nor the success of her career.

Delete

EpitomeOfNovice

EpitomeOfNovice

Posted:Originally Posted By: This Jaded Flesh
My Personal opinion of Brittany hasn't wavered with the rumors and the report shall have no effect either. As I've said before the gossip doesn't detract from the tragedy nor the success of her career.

Wasn't trying to sway any opinion, just give up to date information that I saw reported this evening incase anyone was interested since it does give some insight into what may have been a contributing factor and is a prevalent health issue in many younger people currently compared to yesteryear, so no worries. There was no direction or implication intended in my post.

~Rock on!~

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:You are a strange creature EoN. Bar the drugs expected I hope it comes back clean too. I'd rather you find your vindication than she be made this years poster girl for drug abuse on this forum.

Delete

Brenn
PLATINUM Member since Jun 2004

Brenn

Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.

Total posts: 3286
Posted:Originally Posted By: FireTomany proof for that? umm always too easy to accuse celebs of drug (and child and whatever) abuse... sadly enough it often IS the cause for their premature demise... wink

Family were reported at being against an autopsy despite an 'unknown' cause of death. This is sometimes conducive to hiding something unsavoury...

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Delete