Forums > Videos > Double Staff/Baton craziness

Login/Join to Participate

ZanGOLD Member
Light Warrior
32 posts

Posted:
I just came across this on YouTube! This 3 time baton world champion is releasing an instruction DVD for double staff and baton.
The stuff she does is insane!
Double staff throw combos with contact moves while one is in the air, catch behind the back under the leg, and then I ran out of words to say how cool it was.
See for yourself:

Has anyone seen someone in the fire spinning community do this kind of stuff, or is it just the trained-for-life batoners?

[ Unregistered ]addict
413 posts

Posted:
Osaka

ninja

Rastaxel.SILVER Member
stranger
23 posts

Posted:
yeah ! thx you zan !

chemairoSILVER Member
person who like to spin all gears
62 posts

Posted:
this is so extreme cool - dont find the right words for it ... looking forward to buy this DVD ...

but I think I would play most of the things more slowly...
EDITED_BY: Warri0r (1260625050)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I do wonder about you Zan.

You just came across it on YouTube? Oh RLY? So you just happened across it, when it was out all of a few hours or minutes probably, when your brother Noah Moore, was working with Annette Lucero, and have done shows with you and they didn't mention it at all, or email you about the trailer? When your brother had just posted it all over tribe, saying that he helped make it, and I guess he didn't tell you anything about it, so that you could just 'come across it'? Really, are that estranged from your brother?

Have anyone seem someone in the fire spinning community do this kind of stuff? I've seen you do that 'kind of stuff' Zan. Nevermind what else I've seen.

While I have big respect for Annette Lucero and your brother... this was not the way to advertise her DVD. I'll probably buy it anyway, but I'd rather see it without the weird Zan-based hypocrazy.

Viral Marketing? You get a F-
FAIL.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

leospoiSILVER Member
Poi explorer
108 posts

Posted:
Haha I was about to call him out on that after seeing the date and who made the video but I actually had a good laugh at his pathetic, almost too cute attempt at viral marketing, so just give him a break.

81LLBRONZE Member
pant crafting
97 posts

Posted:
so, any chance of uploading a torrent of it when you buy it mcp? heh heh smirk... !

No air drumming - Bruford could change the timing up so fast you could snap your wrist!

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
This looks amazing, sadly, it costs twice as much as most spinning DVDs, and I'm broke.

One thing though, Zan, I really don't get why you couldn't just advertise this like you did with your own DVDs. I think that trailer speaks for itself, and a simple "check this out" would've been much better.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
might be this part of the acceptable use policy?

"Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, solicitations, and any commercial or business use of this BB is inappropriate."

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Noelskimember
129 posts

Posted:
I doubt that Zan was trying to be viral, just support his brothers project. Albeit there could have been more tackful ways to deliver his message.

No advertising on this BB. Yeh right, I have seen many DVDees advertised in the forums and also even in COL.

This year, last year and two years ago, exact sequences from instructional DVDs made their way into COL.

CodfertSILVER Member
Dreamweaver
9 posts

Posted:
Wow that was great! Give Zan a break, does it matter why he posted it? Who cares?? Thank you for sharing!!

ZanGOLD Member
Light Warrior
32 posts

Posted:
Silliness.
Tact missing, sure. But that video is sweet. I don't profit from it in any way and am just calling attention to it. I got sent a link, and I passed it on because nobody who made the video has ever been on Home of Poi. Some people who clicked on the link liked it, so I think it belongs here.
So Meg doesn't like me. I already knew that. I'm glad she got another opportunity to let it out. It had just been waiting in there for a couple years now.
I don't word things right online. That much is clear. I'm much more of a face to face guy. I be who I am, I focus on real-world connections, and I don't spend time these days managing an internet persona. Think what you wanna think. I love spinning, you love spinning, that's why we're here.
Peace.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: 81LLso, any chance of uploading a torrent of it when you buy it mcp? heh heh smirk... !

Er no. Thou I download my share of illegal hollywood movies and occassional weird russian cinema from times past. I would never even consider doing that for a spinning or juggling or object manipulation DVD. Any tutorial DVD for that matter. If you know the people and you want to support the community, you should totally buy it. If not, you borrow it off a friend and watch it. That's the old school file sharing.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

81LLBRONZE Member
pant crafting
97 posts

Posted:
i know. that was jokes mostly grin
thought that with 2 people calling him on it that youd appreciate the dig!

No air drumming - Bruford could change the timing up so fast you could snap your wrist!

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
I quite like the record breaking video esp at the end with the bloopers trailer...

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
Haha! I like the little two step on the last blooper tongue2

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my way.