Forums > Social Chat > Ahh! Why does life hate me!

Login/Join to Participate

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
AHH! I have my first burn tomorrow and I just injured my finger and it is bleeding profusely and even under the bandage it doesn't want to stop! It better get better by tomorrow! At least enough where I can just have a simple Bandaid on it.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

WoodsyBRONZE Member
Spanking you kindly.
156 posts

Posted:
having a sore finger shouldnt affect your first burn. It didnt effect me when i did my first burn and surely shouldnt effect you or anyone else tongue2

Woodsy:Down with the sound, and the people will all yell: "POWER IS MEASURED IN, DECIBEL".
Poje: not Joules?
Woodsy: No...Never grin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
it will get better and you will spin slower... wink
the divine is in the middle wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

this thing makes yer musics go wahwahwah

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
^^^

Non-Https Image Link

The blizzard headed my way would be way more of a hindrance, which does kinda get me down considering I thought I might do my first on Christmas Day or my 28th birthday a few days later. I don't think 2 ft of snow will be melted by then however...

Maybe New Years Day? weavesmiley

SoD- You should be okay, just don't get all crazy (which you aren't supposed to on round 1 anyway) wink

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

2,280 posts

Posted:
WOO I DID IT!!!!! I am currently uploading it to Facebook and then to Youtube, I will post it on here as soon as it gets on Youtube. Here's how it went, at first I got really scared. Then about halfway through I started getting more confident and I got more things in and man it felt great. It wasn't nearly as loud as I expected, and the flame wasn't as big as I suspected, but that's probably because it was really cold out and I was using kerosene. The girl I wanted to go didn't show up though cry In fact, no one except my friend Isaac and Chris, who I got to come at the last second showed up. That made me die a little inside. All I can say is that she probably had to do something, but another friend Karen ended up not coming even though she said she would, and she even asked me about bringing people and I said yes and I know she wanted to go but idk why she didn't. I guess this still belongs in this thread concerning, why does life hate me...

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
Well, at least the next time you do a burn, you've got the knowledge of what to expect and the confidence from having done it once before. Means that if you want to impress someone, you'll be able to be all the more impressive smile

Here's to much better luck with organising your next burn!

Just a dancer in the dark

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
It's hard to get others to come out of their way to watch you spin unless they know they're really in for something. Social burns (i.e. having a bunch of other spinners show up for collective burning) seem to be easier to entice a turnout with. Point is, don't feel bad; it's hard for spinners to admit, but we very often enjoy our spinning more than our audience does.

Just keep practicing, put on non-fire shows somewhere visible, and develop a reputation for being fun to watch.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

2,280 posts

Posted:
yeah, the people that were there enjoyed it a lot. I was pretty damn good when I got myself to do things.

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
SoD, look at the bright side, when you show off to her you won't be scared of the fire anymore smile

Good luck next time dude smile

2,280 posts

Posted:
Yeah, but what I'm worried about is that I can't get her to a show frown