WoodlandAppleBRONZE Member
addict
474 posts

Posted:
are ball chain ok to use for air wraps, hyperloops and orbitals?

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

TideGOLD Member
Future pyrotechnician...? Or something.
111 posts

Posted:
I really wouldn't do orbitals with ball chains due to the shape, but I'm not entirely sure about hyperloops. I might have heard some people do hyperloops with ball chains, but I would advise against any chain-chain contact with ball chains.

This statement is false...?

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I'm pretty sure you need oval link, I think wire would kink, and I think the oval links will kind of grab each other.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

DaGGOLD Member
Golf buggie driving instructor
156 posts

Posted:
I started doing orbitals with ball chain.
As every link of ball chain is a swivel you don't need to add handle swivels to them for orbitals and for me they worked great.

I do prefer my oval link chain now tho, it seems I can get more sustain on them, and I know there could be some safety issues with ball chain if you have heavy poi but as far as learning goes, you should be ok

WoodlandAppleBRONZE Member
addict
474 posts

Posted:
thanks everyone, Ive nailed air wraps and hyperloops with my sock poi, still working on orbitals (the width of the sock poi kinda get in the way I find) and was wondering if I could transfer them onto my fire poi, which are ball chain; cathedral heads.

Id much prefer not for it to break and for me to cop a flying fireball of fury to the face.

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ball chain = ubblove

As DaG said, each link is a swivel, so they are happy to just keep going round and round and round.

Thin ball chain is by far my preferred chain to use. smile