darkpyroGOLD Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
I want to buy a LED staff for my bro for Xmas. Actually he is a staff expert already and has expressed intrest in a LED one which I would be happy to provide BUT before I go and spend 300.00 on it I need some user information.

1. How durable is it really? He twirls iron bows with wicked speed, so would it bend or break? (Non contact.) it sort of looks like it's made with weak plastic.

2. How reliable are the lights, and how often do you need to change lights or batteries? Are they redily available?

If you own a glow staff I would be delighted with your help!
dArKKpYrO

Darkness, Light forever locked in tantric embrace...

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Depends which staff, and from where....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

qwertycoderBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
i would recommend a flowstaff. from flowtoys.com

https://www.flowtoys.com/home.php?cat=10

the staff itself is made from polycarbonate tubing which is the most durable clear plastic there is. the lights themselves run off 1 triple A battery which can be rechargable. they have 12 different modes for a huge amount of possibilitys. on full power i guess you can get 8 hours or so. on one of the strobe modes you can get 12 hours.
flowtoys also has the BEST customer service ive ever experianced. my
flowchucks i got from them broke 6 months after i got them and they sent me another pair in a newer model + some more lights for no charge.
i dont have any experiances with any other staff so my view may be skewwed. but i assure you he will be one happy camper if this is under the tree.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
As a downside to those, you will need to buy a number of flowlights as well. As an upside, they are interchangable.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Indie73BRONZE Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
i use flowtoys modular system. i can make a pair of doubles, or contact staff from it) but if i'll have more units, such es bridge caps, i'll can make a pair of snakes for example)