Forums > Technical Discussion > traingle link handle problems.

Login/Join to Participate

alexander_sulzGOLD Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

Everyone who bought some leather finger loop handles or a set where they are included, also noticed that they come with a trinagle quick link sewed in.

Ive read those traingle quick links are good for precise playing and i saw that every fire set included these quick links.

But I find i difficult to play with some tricks.. especialy when doing the buzzsaw. Everytime i do it.. the handle tries to wrap itself, creating strong turbulence /vibrations in the chain, so it gets out of control.

So my question is, am I doing something wrong? Am I not moving my wrists enough? (I already try as hard as i can) Or is it the equipment?

I have a single loop leather handle and i tried spinning with using the single loop as a whole and as a 2 loop handle when bending it.
I use my index and middle finger for the loops.

thanks for your time and help

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
try pr series chains, not every set uses the leather or nylon. The pro series are much thinner and come without a quicklink, just the chain welded to the swivel.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
do buzzsaws wrapped? How long are your arms!

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Those triangle quick links always struck me as a bit bulky. Probably they do handle a bit weird because of the relatively long rigid segment they introduce. On the other hand, you could also get the same erratic wobble from having a handle that's just too long.

Assuming you're in the U.S. you could order handles from luxotica.com. They're where I bought mine, and they use a small 200lb rated split ring to attach to the swivel, so they're pretty solid and compact.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
nup - (at least to me) triangles are hard to play... D-ring is the way wink kind of physics... at least the way I hold-em-poiker wink (between thumb and indexfinger) - if you go with wobbly-wrists you actually might not face the problems I do (with stiff-wrists) smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
This is weird to me I've never had a problem with triangle QLs. Maybe I'm just not good enough yet.