Forums > Social Chat > new to the forum*POI IN SALT LAKE CITY UTAH

Login/Join to Participate

WyattDavisSpinsGOLD Member
WYATTSPINSPOI
69 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone, there is no one here in utah to talk or spin poi with. no one here meets up and everyone has huge egos !!! So i came to HOP in search of a more organized and fire friendly community. Id love to chat with any of you and watch any vids and please if your around lets spin !!

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I feel the same here in Michigan, I only know of one person in my school who does poi, she only does it at her dance class though, not with fire, she is my friends sister and she is a bitch.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

WoodsyBRONZE Member
Spanking you kindly.
156 posts

Posted:
hey, you live in utah? i dont live too far from there... Brisbane, Australia grin

haha, but its good to have more people on the forum. And im sure you can get a few of your friends into poi spinning, if not, maybe stave spinning?

Woodsy:Down with the sound, and the people will all yell: "POWER IS MEASURED IN, DECIBEL".
Poje: not Joules?
Woodsy: No...Never grin

Ninja_BrandonBRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Hi Wyatt,
I was searching around and found your post and decided to register to respond. Im from Utah and live in Salt Lake City as well. There is actually a larger community here downtown. They usually meet on Sundays in the summer at Liberty Park(1300s. 700e.) on the east side of the park where there are drum circles and many spinners(Staff, Poi, Hoops, Devil sticks, etc)

I have a lot of people find my website www.spincentral.org and contact me with the same concern. Feel free to email me and we can meet up and go down together.

Alexander_KoontzBRONZE Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
censored balls. i was in utah till a few months ago. prob been seen at drum circles fashow. one love. hows the scene up there now? i always loved spinning at drum circle.

rightasrainSILVER Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Ninja_BrandonHi Wyatt,
I was searching around and found your post and decided to register to respond. Im from Utah and live in Salt Lake City as well. There is actually a larger community here downtown. They usually meet on Sundays in the summer at Liberty Park(1300s. 700e.) on the east side of the park where there are drum circles and many spinners(Staff, Poi, Hoops, Devil sticks, etc)

I have a lot of people find my website www.spincentral.org and contact me with the same concern. Feel free to email me and we can meet up and go down together.

Is there a better time to show up on sunday? I would like to meet more people that spin in utah as well. I live in rose park.

Ninja_BrandonBRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Hi rightasrain,
I went this last sunday at around 5pm. Contact me directly at brandonelfring@gmail.com and we can arrange a meetup. Sorry for the long delay repsonse. Not on the forum much. grin

Samuel_WilleSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Does anyone know of a really good place to learn fire poi, or poi in general in Utah?

Aubrey Affleckmember
1 post

Posted:
Do many people still spin downtown? I live in Taylorsville and I would absolutely love some peeps to spin with. I have 3 people who I spin with and are really lovely artist that would love to meet some more personalities in the poi culture.

oldschool.funky.divaSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
I checked out the spincentral.org link and it didn't work. the reply was 6 years ago now, so I guess no big surprise.
Are there still people who spin at liberty park on Sundays? What times? I have LED poi and scarves. I hit myself too much to feel safe trying fire :)
I'm in So. Salt Lake. I'm an old lady, so if age is an issue...
I do love to spin.

alexander_van_den_bergSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
To all people asking about poi spinning in salt lake City Utah. Once it warms up a little and definitely around and after Earth day liberty Park has a drum circle every single Sunday, it goes on from mid morning into night. And as long as there is a drum circle there will be people spinning poi. Has been going on for years and years and I don't believe it's going to stop any time soon the community is growing... So come on down... And if for some super odd reason there is no drum circle that Sunday, spin poi anyways!! Lol hope to see you there in a couple months!

sheryl.hedlundSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Ooo I'm glad there are still people spinning here! Hope to see you all now that the weather is getting warmer!

However where does one spin fire?

brittaniastoneMember
1 post

Posted:
So.... thought would be easier to find places or ppl involved. But I have recently caught an interest in this. Not really done much. Wanted to go with the fire poi. Fire dancing whatever. Idk y but super strong of interest and want to more n expand with this. I am in Taylorsville Utah. ANYONE HERE! To play poi n teach a chick some things??!????