Forums > Social Chat > OMGOMGOMG! Cannot belive what I am getting!!!

Login/Join to Participate

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My parents we're going to get me my first set of fire poi for Christmas as a surprise, but they needed me to order it because its on my account and only I know what I need so my mom told me. I was like frozen. I have been practicing religiously for 2 months for this. I can already do all the basics, a vertical orbital, atomic weave, my 3bt btb weaves and turning between them and can almost do it on a wheel plane. Just about everything concerning flowers, all my fountains, just about the only thing that's not super advanced that I can't do to any extent is butterfly crossers. I am completely ecstatic about this and I can't wait to be surrounded by the roar of the flames. beerchug

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
awesome! Good for you, very nice to have folks that support the fire spinning.

Under a month to go smile

Just a dancer in the dark

2,280 posts

Posted:
I know, I can't believe my parents support this. Even my German exchange student that has been doing it for 4 years, his parents hate it.

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
cool parents are so hard to find these days tongue2

Just a dancer in the dark

2,280 posts

Posted:
Lol, my parents are so strict when it comes to me and fire since I burned my face firebreathing. Especially my dad, but it was his idea to get me these. confused And my mom said they're fine with it because they see that it's a lot more safe and controlled than firebreathing. But MY DAD?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! Holy jeebus! I just can't believe it was his idea!

RivesGOLD Member
Nothing but circles and smiles...
118 posts

Posted:
ha. Im 21 and still started spinning less then a year ago. My parents think its pretty neat. my sister flipped out when i started teaching my nephew how to spin at thanks giving.

oh and what kind did you order?

2,280 posts

Posted:
Ha, I'm 16 and have been spinning religiously for 2 months. Here's what I got with double loop handles. https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Pair-of-Pro-Series-Cords-with-Cathedral-Fire-Poi
Along with fire safety video, a dipping can, and a fuel bottle. A total of $90.48 wink
Also, I would have never expected this considering my dad is out of a job and I agreed that all I wanted was the full detailed bone necklace with the twirling design and have already ordered.

2,280 posts

Posted:
How what is done? lol
And I have learned to respect the fire after burning my face tongue2
Also, thank you all for your welcoming into fire poi. I decided I'll have my first burn once the weather warms up. Oh god, I can't wait. It'll be nice that I'll have extensive practice with those heavy things before I light up. I actually had an idea that if I go to Germany again for the exchange trip, I do a fire show with my inspiration, Lukas! We are like brothers ^^, and that I surprise him by stowing away some hidden FIRE SNAKES in my bag and pull them out at the last second! Oh god that would be awesome grin

NoiseyflowerBRONZE Member
Yell and scream all you like
53 posts

Posted:
Suportive parents are good. My mum loves that I have found something I'm passionate about. She paid for over half of my fire fans for no reason other than she felt like it and gave me $200 to spend on home of poi for my 18th birthday. That $200 was on top of the $220 my friends gathered together for my present. grin Everything I ordered came in the mail two days ago. I know how I'm spending my summer holidays smile practise practise practise.

2,280 posts

Posted:
What fans did you get? The giant 5 finger ones? That's what I would get, GO BIG OR GO HOME! My mum feels the same way grin that's the only real reason they let me do it and support it. At lest I think, unless they grew a love of fire in the past month.

Sunshine92SILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
Hey, Spinner of Detroit! Excuse the moronic question, but are you in Detroit? I visit family there sometimes! Cool that you're sixteen, too! I just turned seventeen last month! ^^

With happiness,

John

2,280 posts

Posted:
I am in a suburb of Detroit really close to it. And fyi if you're from the suburb of a city then you generally say you're from that city and everyone considers themselves to be. That was for those ppl that go YOU'RE NOT FROM DETROIT STOP BEING A POSER!!! My town is called Trenton and you should definitely come here some time, when do you next come up here, or do you not have any special visiting times and its just kind of random? Either way shoot me a massage or whatever you need to do because I'm on here quite often grin I would love to have someone to spin with grin grin grin
Oh and if you wanna have a great laugh, go onto one of those websites where it tells you the sexual assault people, and type in Detroit, you can't even see the map, it's just all those colored dots XD

ryan_crownoverBRONZE Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
have you ever been down to the golden gate cafe its a vegan vegi cafe but theres a drum circle every wenday night goes late its at about 7 and woodword spinners are welcome

2,280 posts

Posted:
No I haven't I've ever heard of it. I'll have to look it up, sounds awesome, except the vegan part, I am a meat man, yummy, especially Hooters grin
Edit: I looked it up and are you sure spinners are welcome? I saw nothing about it, and do they have a place to spin? Also, you do mean with fire right??? Do you need to sign a bunch of stuff? Because I am not used to being able to do anything like this easily.
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1260046044)