Forums > Social Chat > The worst you have ever hit your nads.

Login/Join to Participate

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Here's my story:
The worst I've ever hit my nuts was when I was doing a 2 beat weave really really fast and it came down and smacked my nads going full speed. I fell to the ground immediately, and I just though, oh no it's gonna get worse (because the real pain always comes about 10 second after you hit your nuts) and OH MY LORD! eek I was crawling into the house and I was in a fetal position griping in pain for about 20 minutes. I was just glad my nuts didn't crack like nuts.

Now lets hear yours!

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

WoodsyBRONZE Member
Spanking you kindly.
156 posts

Posted:
I was using my tennis ball poi doing the butterfly.
I was going great, so i started doing it a bit faster to see what it'd look like, but oh no, the balls collided at the bottom of the beat and they decided to head towards me instead of going away from me.

So me, trying to avoid it, try to throw the poi out in front of me in that split second, but this is where it gets that bit worse. The balls would have hit me in the gut if i didnt move them, but because i moved them, they flicked up into my...bits...and i was standing there, hands on knees, trying to breathe for a good 2 minutes, in agonising pain.

Lesson: Dont go fast with tennis ball poi. >_<

Woodsy:Down with the sound, and the people will all yell: "POWER IS MEASURED IN, DECIBEL".
Poje: not Joules?
Woodsy: No...Never grin

2,280 posts

Posted:
I was using LED Poi, not very fun...

RingshadowSILVER Member
journeyman
81 posts

Posted:
I don't have nads, but I have taken my own glasses off twice..

Happiness is a skill, not a commodity
I have been kidnapped by hooping.

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
It hasn't happened to me yet but when I was in aussie recently we were playing club combat and one girl we were playing with liked to kick your clubs out and she missed hitting my mate square in the nads in the middle of a parking lot, he was rolling around on the ground for a good 2 or 3 minutes

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: RingshadowI don't have nads, but I have taken my own glasses off twice..

Ditto on both the lack of dangly things and the glasses. Except it was more than twice for the glasses, and since I usually practice outdoors in the dead of night, I had to spend about half an hour trying to track them down.

Also, when practicing btb weave I hit myself in the boob really, really hard. Somehow I managed not to wake the neighbors with my swearing.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Apollyon00stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Very well, I will meet your requirements for "most painful testacle poi encounter".

I became fairly skilled at fire poi early on in my spinning career. Even beforehand, it was my habit to host nekked pool parties. Poi was a natural addition to these parties, and I began spinning fire as well. During one said nekked poi pool party, I managed to not only strike myself in the family jewels, but also somehow get the lit firepoi lodged between my groin and my thigh. Being as this was when I was seventeen, and I am now almost a decade older, there is still a patch of skin near my two bits that, to this day, is bare and does not grow hair. There are many parts of my anatomy that do not grow hair now, as a result of my fire spinning exploits, and am proud of this mark, and use it at a centerpiece for conversation.

2,280 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: RingshadowI don't have nads, but I have taken my own glasses off twice..
Ditto on the glasses, also the lenses on my glasses like to come out a lot. I've probably hit mine off at least 10 times, Only once have both lenses come out. And it was at night in my backyard. But that doesn't bother me too much anymore, and I'm getting better really fast and I haven't hit my nads in over 2 weeks in the month and a half I've been at poi grin

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
My worst hit was in Bournemouth. Strugz was doing a conveyor with his staff, lost control and fired it into my groin like a javelin - I was down the rest of the day...

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Quote:My worst hit was in Bournemouth. Strugz was doing a conveyor with his staff, lost control and fired it into my groin like a javelin - I was down the rest of the day...
Nonononononono.... Quite off-topic.

It asked how badly have *you* hit your nads (obviously assuming that you have any...). Not whether somebody else used you for target practice....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

CalKeyGOLD Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
LOL

I started spinning early last month. I practice regularly with LED poi and have.."injured" myself a couple times doing the butterfly and having them hit at the bottom. One thing it has taught me that my friends couldn't quite get me to grasp was to SLOW DOWN. Luckily, I haven't hit myself too hard.

Never experienced hitting myself doing a weave. That must be AWFUL.

StormCrow13BRONZE Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
I always remind myself " the faster you spin the harder it hurts" lol. ive only hit myself down stairs once and once was more than enough but it still wont stop me from spinning fast sometimes lol.

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
the nastiest one I've ever done is when I was trying to do an angel's wings and the poi kinda ended up coming 'round front and imitated a club

Just a dancer in the dark

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
After the first time I even came close to missing both my legs I went out and bought a cricket box.

WoodlandAppleBRONZE Member
addict
474 posts

Posted:
I love the way that when in butterfly and the poi get tangled, not only does it increase the velocity of the balls, it also shortenes the cord to exactly teste hitting length.

My spinning routine is entirly devoid of butterfly moves cause Ive hit myself soooo many times in the jangly's.

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

anikistranger
6 posts

Posted:
Ooh, early in my poi learning days, I used home-made cords with tennis balls. It seemed almost like clockwork, every single time I get the guts to try going a little faster, and swing a little harder, I'm taking one to the groin. After a few good hits (each of which caused me to go down, completely sprawled on the floor, tearing up, followed by a long chain of cursing in my mind) I finally well understood the words, "pride goes before a fall". Every new and advanced move I try to tackle now, I take extremely slowly, build my skill foundation from the ground up.

gurugurumawaru...

philisweatlySILVER Member
life's a garden, dig it
115 posts

Posted:
I have put off learning crossers for the time being for the same reason. Ogg poi are not soft on our manhood.

haha

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
the hardest i ever hit myself in the nuts i was learning the meltdown and i actually did it a few times and i was like this aint so bad so i did it a bit faster and that wasnt so bad then i stopped and did a 3 beat to transition to the meltdown only problem was i was still spinning as fast as i was when i was excited about doing it and bam at full speed meltdown right in the nuts and it was terrible i didnt touch my .8lb practice poi for 2 weeks

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

HeedMay the fires of this world always burn bright!
38 posts

Posted:
If we're talking just Poi/Glowsticks... not too bad to be honest... my shins got things far worse than my nads... but I've taken a shot to the nuts from just about every ball (including paintballs) known to man, save a golf ball... oh my if one of those ever hit the family jewels I think things would stop working permanently!

The more enlightened man thinks he is the more foolish he proves himself to be.

MelesSILVER Member
Sanity is merely a mental condition, Thankfully I've been cured.
39 posts

Posted:
Mine has to be on Perranporth Beach earlier this year... Using my Monkey Fists I had drawn somewhat of a small audience.
I went into a same time 2 beat weave when the chains managed to tangle infront of me, both poi, freshly fueled and alight swang at full speed straight at aforementioned nads.

Me being the hardcore type kept going until the fuel had ran out and then found a quiet spot to err... gather myself.

Fun day!

...Let Freedom ring with a Shotgun Blast...

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Poi to the dick is always fail! frown Though lately I've had more problems hitting my face which sucks all the more with the amount of facial piercings present. The lowbrets have been taking some good hits and one of them is quite aggravated. Fortunately it is all metal jewelry. Had any been glass my gob would be riddled with shards. The hits to either heads decreases with time and practice. There was a time learning forward 3 beat weave that I thought of pulling my junk between my legs like on Silence of the Lambs. Then I learned it and that level of desperation was never met. Yay me!

Guys, there is a procedure that allows you to put your balls up inside your pelvis. Of course this is not a licensed procedure and you would have to find the right people. I've seen pics and it doesn't look pretty, but you COULD and never worry again. tongue2

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

MelesSILVER Member
Sanity is merely a mental condition, Thankfully I've been cured.
39 posts

Posted:
Brenonfire413..... on an unrelated note

BIG thumbs up on the sig grin
doodily doo, ding dong, doodily doo.

...Let Freedom ring with a Shotgun Blast...

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
cut my cheek open with a glowstick once, but never any really heavy hits to the nuts.

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Icarus FordeBRONZE Member
Just Icarus//Spinner//Pyro//Geek
261 posts

Posted:
Hockey ball. Those things hurt. Bad.

On a less painful note, a tiedown broke and the hook tapped me as it went past. If it'd gone a centimetre higher, i would have been in a lot more pain. It dented the car door behind me....