Forums > Social Chat > How wuz yor first performance?

Login/Join to Participate

Plazmamember
73 posts

Posted:
speaking of first performances as mine is tommarrow, how did everyones first performances go??? any misshaps, unforgettable moments, and how wuz the rush?? plur! grin grin------------------My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
My first performance was greeeeaaat. Lots of people came up to me and told me how good I looked, which was good because that's my main motivation.the rush was intense, but that could have something to do with the drugs I was on at the time and the danger aspect of me not having a wet-toweled-spotter ready to engulf my potentially flaming body at my every move.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
You didnt have a spotter!!! Shame!!! you endanger yourself and the audience!!! How are us good crew supposed to get recognition with people like you running around almost setting fire to stuff!!!11?????You were on drugs, you didnt have a spotter, you werent practiced...poeple like you should just give up fire before someone gets killed!!!PLLLLUURRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fyre Twitch

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
Performances are as beautiful as the flames themselves, you`ll see!------------------peace, love and light*TOUCH*

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Well, we havent actually gotten down with fire yet, but our group from Florida just banded together 2 or 3 weeks ago. The last 2 weeks weve gone to the beach for the whole day and night, tearing through D batteries (no joke...). Last night we met up with a performer doing a show. He did staff, poi, fire eating and breathing. So he included us in his show. He lit up a ring of fire on the sand for each one of us and let us get down! It was so tight being in front of a crowd. I got pictures of the crowd! grin AND we got paid! Our final set of batteries ran out, sniff sniff frown, so we had to put the tunes up. After about another half hour packed up the radio and all, and I come back from my car, and a little kid gave one of us 8 brand new D batteries! That was so cool. Got a picture of it too. smile------------------~I dont care if they eat me alive, Ive got better things to do than survive. ~Ani

Wow

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Adrenaline rush, nerve filled excitement to this euphoric trance and this giddy I am five again energy that left me twitchy and my stomach in a good kind of knot for days.I felt confident and loved and amazed at my own ability to do it.I still get that but like any good drug it lasts for hours not days so I require more and more and more.................------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
To quote a good friend who was my spotter:"You stunned them with fire and insulted them with ass crack."Yup. I perform in a pair of big, baggy, cotten pants with an elastic waist and toggle tighteners. So preoccupied with soaking my wicks and charging on stage, I forgot to tighten my toggles.And I use BIG wicks and spin for a long time.So, about four minutes in, things headed south. Let's just say my back to the audience windmill had a wonderful effect.

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Havn't done many fire public performances but the ones I have done have been shocked smile ;D WICKED ;D smile shocked I was very ill after thjough cause I managed to swallow quite a bit of parrafin and went on to a club later.Remember DRINK MILK cause it lessens (dosn't stop) the effects of fuel poisoning for me anyway.peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi
[This message has been edited by garbo (edited 30 May 2001).]

be excellent to each other: safe:

Plazmamember
73 posts

Posted:
it was acutally pretty good! my partna through me off in the very beginning, b/c once the music started he decided to tell me then that he didn't want to do the first part of his act! so i just flew out there and tried to cover for us, then he got off the stage like 5 sec inta the song afta doing short hand! i'm like what the hell, so he came back out and finished the rest of his parta the song. then it was my turn, and i'll admit i USUALLY neva get nervious, but this one i did!!! shocked i kept forgeting moves, so i'm standing there asking my partner to give me some ideas!!! anyway, all is not lost though b/c they asked us to come back two...2 more times! both on Tuesday next week and then for a HUGE audience on Wendesday! how fun! shocked i think if i didn't like this as much i wouldn't risk the humiliation! at least everyone thought it was TOTALLY kool though! me and my partna need to practice more this week and more inta this weekend for next week! hey, for us, this is BIG! lol! wink anyway, just droppn' a line! also, if ya read to hear thanx! and sorry to everyone lately for me being an a**! wink PLuR!------------------My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Expanding on Shibaki's tale a little.. smileWe saw him performing from the beach, and we went up to the performance area to watch. WE watch him perform for a bit, and headedback to the beach, where our group was at. After his performance was over, he ran over to us all the way down on the beach, to introduce himself, and invite us to join him in his next show. Each of us in our group, got to dance in a fire pit....Flames 3' high shooting up around you in a circle. Feel the heat coming off of it, as one dances around. We all danced with glowsticks, him with fire. It was a very unique experience that I will hold special to me for the rest of my life. First time performing for a real CROWD. smile (Not just a small gathering.....a crowd) Had an awesome time! The gentleman, I believe he went by the name of Human Volcano, said he learned poi from HERE! (HOP) Small world..peace out smileCRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-