Forums > Technical Discussion > [2009-11-14] Hyperlight Accelerometer Demo..

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
It was a busy day in the hyperlight lab yesterday. After much careful design work, furious typing and general hair-tearing it seems we've had some success!

Non-Https Image Link

Here's a quick video of the accelerometer stuff we've been working on.. Need to do a more fully fledged demo with a pair of poi, but right now we only have the one prototype. Everything seems really rock solid with this build so I think we have the final electronics design in place at long last!

Who knows we might even start selling a pair or two shocked

Cake or Death?

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
oooo.....

(I think that that says it all?)

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I'm really liking the Hyperlights stuff I've been seeing. I mean, your standard glow ball is cool and all, but I really like the effect of the whole sock lighting up... Pretty...

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ahhh cool!
I wish I had an...um.. erm.. errr.. um..

..plug socket?

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
woop! i still have a hyperlight savings jar.. is that sad? frown

DaedraSILVER Member
The Dae Walker
75 posts

Posted:
No it isn't man! grin I still caress my Hyper-Fund Jar, dreaming of the day that they will be mine!!
Love the video though. What amazes me is that those Poi are actually lighting up the whole room around you as well as the socks tongue2

Once my father gave me a kiwi... I thought it was a rodent and I stroked it until all the fur fell out - White Ninja

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
effin awesome mang

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
May I ask what kind of price we will be looking at for a set of hyper-socks?

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

AgentChesterDesmondGOLD Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
Last I heard, which was recently via the hyperlight forum, was 300 pounds or $500.

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Ouch tongue2

But may be worth it.

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
There's nothing sad about having a hyperlight fund mine's been spent on a great many prototypes unfortunately frown

ACD is spot on - they'll be £300 per pair. I think if you see a pair live you'll find yourself finding all sorts of ways to justify the cost to yourself wink

Cake or Death?

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: *HyperLightThere's nothing sad about having a hyperlight fund mine's been spent on a great many prototypes unfortunately frown

ACD is spot on - they'll be £300 per pair. I think if you see a pair live you'll find yourself finding all sorts of ways to justify the cost to yourself wink

I have no idea how many people have their hands on the prototypes yet, if it's only a select few, then you may be able to answer my question...

Is there any chance that there could have been a pair of them floating around at a psytrance squat/warehouse party in London a month or so ago?

I saw some guy playing with sock poi, that looked similar but not as advanced as the hyper lights. Light was just kinda flowing up and down the poi, as if it were color changing oggs but the whole poi lit.

Bit of a vague question I know, but if it's them, or better (as it looks) then I am sold grin

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
looking amazing jon!

that said though, theyve been looking amazing for a very long time, but these are truly awesome grin

i had a play with G's prototypes in europe last year.. i had a hyperlight fund at home.. its now well and truly ready and waiting tongue2

thanks again for all your work hey, the amount of thought and work you mustve put into all this is astonishing!

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
OW MY EYES

270 posts

Posted:
Also at 500$, will there be a warranty of awesomeness? I want these so bad. Maybe it'll replace fire.

Edit: also wonder if you have thought about like.. if that thing hits me hard I might be down for the count. Any thought in making a fitted sheathing that would protect us from injury and... more importantly... the hyperlights from getting damaged?
EDITED_BY: Lye (1258679894)

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
@TSA: I think right now the only prototypes are in my posession, so what you saw was probably not Hyperlights..

@Pete: Thanks - I just hope it all turns out to be worth-while. I reckon if you added up all the heat generated by my brain whilst thinking about hyperlights, you could probably warm your house for a year or two tongue2

@Lye: There will be a warranty covering manufacturing faults. If you throw your poi in a pond and claim there's a manufacturing fault and you want them fixed though... we'll send round the boys with their fire staffs wink

The socks have a chunk of soft padding around the hyperlight itself, so that ought to lessen the blows a little.

Cake or Death?

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
did you come up with a way to make the ends more visible yet?

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Ack, so very far outside my price range... I'll keep admiring them from afar, though!

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

270 posts

Posted:
how do you know what number you are?

AgentChesterDesmondGOLD Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
There is a sign up sheet to register to buy them. They notify you when they are available to be purchased. Then you can either buy them or decline. I signed up 2 years ago and am number 3!!!! Now I just have to come up with the cash.

https://www.hyperlight.co.uk/contact/signup/

EDITED_BY: AgentChesterDesmond (1258756029)

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: *HyperLight@TSA: I think right now the only prototypes are in my posession, so what you saw was probably not Hyperlights..

Thought so, just wanted to be sure. I was goin to get a pair of them. But may just wait and get some HL now grin

AkeluGOLD Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
Looking forward to these ^_^

DaedraSILVER Member
The Dae Walker
75 posts

Posted:
Ahh forgot where I was in the list! *checks...*

EDITED_BY: Daedra (1258975885)

Once my father gave me a kiwi... I thought it was a rodent and I stroked it until all the fur fell out - White Ninja

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Me -
Your place in the queue: 8

smile

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Hopefully we should have all the bits we need to begin construction this weekend... pretty exciting really!!

Cake or Death?

DaedraSILVER Member
The Dae Walker
75 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: GeezaMe - Your place in the queue: 8
smile

shocked Curse you bloody people at the top of the list...

Dylan_DukeGOLD Member
The Duke
170 posts

Posted:
Please tell me we are looking at international shipping being available correct?

Violent delight, We'll live as if we die

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Of course smile

Cake or Death?

Dylan_DukeGOLD Member
The Duke
170 posts

Posted:
Good, just making sure grin
And I've noticed this older thread, about a year or so. Have you started to release them? Or no? Because There's still a long waiting list.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Yeah, we're working on a batch of 50 pairs at the moment. Hoping to have them out by christmas. It'll pave the way to more and bigger batches too smile

Cake or Death?

Dylan_DukeGOLD Member
The Duke
170 posts

Posted:
Yesssss!
Cause.. Im number 409... frown

Page: