hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I've been thinking about buying one of these, in the hope that a good enough looking prop will disguise my lack of skill ;)- thing is, they're all rather expensive and only available online- I'm always a little wary about spending a lot of money with a company I've never used before, to get a product I've not seen in more than a few photos and maybe a teeny (and generally very unclear) promo vid.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably cheap hoop, that will still be good looking and not break easily. I have an absolute max to spend of maybe £150.
Collapsibility and easy rechargingness an advantage, but I can live without..
Help much appreciated, thanks!

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Well, minus collapsibility, it wouldn't be hardest thing to make yourself. Simple LED controllers are pretty tiny and only cost a couple dollars. Just a thought.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
I recently found that there are a lot of hoops on etsy and they seem all below 150EUR...

Our glow hoop I don't remember where its from but iit is collapsable, uses batterys (non rechargable). I find that it is very heavy and hence dips down a lot when you spin... Do you already have a fire hoop? because theyre usually this heavy too.

I say make sure that the weight is correct.. I think this is one of the most important things because otherwise it will look very droopy and your lack of skill will make it even worse!.

https://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?s...everything_else

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I have a fire hoop- but I've not actually had a chance to light it yet. I want my first time to be special, y'know blush wink

Thanks for the link, I'm just thinking about it at the moment..
Has anyone tried one of these?

If that's okay with you?

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
I got my girlfriend a psyhoop for her birthday and it made me the best boyfriend in the world, lol. They are based out of california in the US, but seeing that hoop in action is fantastic. The support was great too, he worked with us on color options and gave us some new options that were not on the site. Really good guy. A bit on the pricey side but it's rechargable and really just amazing. I'll try and upload some photos so you can see what they look like.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
I just bought my girl one from a guy here in the USA in north carolina. I don't know if he'll ship international but it's surely worth checking as the price is very nice. Also, his hoops are hand made and rechargeable! (just plug the hoop into the wall). Weight is great and color options are good:

Cosmichooper.com

I got a hoop from him on sale but not much of a sale. They are $130 to $150 (about 86 to 99 euros)
EDITED_BY: Imbalance (1259174825)

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Ooh, they look quite nice..thanks!
And yep, it has 'Contact for internationial shipping rates' on there, so looks like he may ship to the UK.
Not collapsible, but still look about the right awesomeness/cost ratio for me wink

If that's okay with you?

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Those look very nice.

Maybe I should get a hoop....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
Hooping Harmony makes the best LED hoops I've seen, but they also make some hoops that aren't amazing. You have to make sure you get a good one.

https://www.hoopingharmony.com/