Forums > Advanced Poi Moves > Trading stalls>orbitals has anyone tried this/is it possible?

Login/Join to Participate

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
So I have recently learned "trading stalls by linking hand positions over the head"
https://www.homeofpoi.com/lessons_all/teach/Stall-Carryover-Variation-3_25_346

I have also been trying another variation of it, where instead of bringing the poi together you kinda knot them and lift and tug into an orbital.

Non-Https Image Link

I think this pic should explain what I am trying to do. However I am having some issues getting out of this. Only had a quick play around with it, but does anyone know if it is actually possible to exit it? Or have you had a play around with it?

I have never seen it done by anyone, but would love to know if anyone has had a play with this before?

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
I think the poi need to be spinning to go into an orbital... so the only way this would work would be if you censored up the carry over.

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
I know that you can get the spin, from the little time I have spent on it, I know that's possible, not a crazy and infinate spin, but enough to make it look good. It's more getting out of it that seems to be the issue.

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

270 posts

Posted:
Something I've learned is that if it's a good orbital, getting out of it is the same always... or at least should be. regardless of direction or anything I can get out of them the same way that I always do in the same direction. I'd stay keep at it smile

270 posts

Posted:
by the way your pictures are awesome!

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
I suppose it's because it's going from left to right over my head instead of in front of me, which is something I need to get used too.

Hope I can get it, as I said, not seen anyone do it, will spend more time on it when home from work. But would be interested to hear if anyone else has had success with it. It looks like it could look awesome grin

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
The exit should be the same as always...

Just had a try then, it is the same, I can do it. I can't do it smoothly, but it is possible.

hug

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mother_Natures_SonThe exit should be the same as always...

Just had a try then, it is the same, I can do it. I can't do it smoothly, but it is possible.

In your experienced oppinion, do you think they are worth persuing? I am still relitivley new to spinning (well in comparison to others I think I am). Do you think it could open up many oppotunities or just something that could be thrown in to look flash?

DaGGOLD Member
Golf buggie driving instructor
156 posts

Posted:
This is s a really fun move!

It works much better for me if i do the closed passing stall, rather than the open.
So instead of my left hand doing a down stall on my left side and being carried to the right, as per usual. I do a down stall with my left hand on my right side, so my left arm is going across my body, then i carry it over to my left side where my right hand does a down stall... slightly confusing but I am a bit drunk so points for effort grin

This means that when you tangle it is just like doing a 3 beat hyperloop to come out smoothly in front, (just like entering from the left, coming out on the right) whereas if I do it with an open passing stall you have to exit behind which is like entering in front, then turning around to face the other way then coming out of the loop. For me this usually ends in more beats and a less than clean motion.

This is how i worked it out and it may be wrong, but never the less a very cool move that i think i may steal grin mwahhahaha

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Well, I dunno how experienced my opinion is, but I'd probably say that anything is worth pursuing, it really depends on what you want out of your spinning.

If you want something that'll "open you up" thats not likely to be it unless you're really into the tangly sort of thing.

To extend it further... this would be something good to look into, quite likely, as long as you've got a pretty good grip on the basics... because if you get too techy too early you'll end up with a really cramped, restricted style...

hug

chemairoSILVER Member
person who like to spin all gears
62 posts

Posted:
I try it a bit and at the Moment I think it could be possible if you cross your hands so the chains get twisted up and then you get in an hyperloop-turn - if you pull that then you got the orbital.

But it is a bit confusing ...